I will be in Turin for a conference in late August. I would like to go to the Turin Alps for a week prior to my conference (i.e., would like to be in the Alps for the week of August 20th). I would be grateful for advice on what town would be best as a base for a week of hiking. I would like to stay in a town with a nice mountain resort ambience, where I would rent an apartment or stay in a B&B, and from that town I would like to hike each day on hiking trails. I am not a climber, but will be hiking on marked trails. It would be ideal if I could get to the town from Turin by train or bus as I would rather not rent a car. Thanks for any advice. Elenal
Hiking in the Turin Alps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 2 museum passes in Rome
- 3 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 4 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 5 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 6 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 7 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 8 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 9 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 10 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 11 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 12 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 13 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 14 Estonia Amber
- 15 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 16 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 17 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 18 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 19 UK for 12 days !
- 20 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 21 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 22 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 23 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 24 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 25 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary