I will be in Turin for a conference in late August. I would like to go to the Turin Alps for a week prior to my conference (i.e., would like to be in the Alps for the week of August 20th). I would be grateful for advice on what town would be best as a base for a week of hiking. I would like to stay in a town with a nice mountain resort ambience, where I would rent an apartment or stay in a B&B, and from that town I would like to hike each day on hiking trails. I am not a climber, but will be hiking on marked trails. It would be ideal if I could get to the town from Turin by train or bus as I would rather not rent a car. Thanks for any advice. Elenal
Hiking in the Turin Alps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 2 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 3 Italy late Sept to early Oct 2015
- 4 Cooking Classes in Italy?
- 5 Tuscan cooking school
- 6 DVD players in France
- 7 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 8 Two European Cities in 8 days (Paris and one more)
- 9 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 10 Munich accommodations
- 11 Golf Tee Operators Required in Lisbon Coast Region
- 12 Trains
- 13 Two days in Dublin
- 14 RER B Schedule on a Sunday Morning
- 15 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 16 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 17 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 18 Malaga to Madrid, then short stay before flight departure
- 19 malaga to madrid train ?
- 20 Italian language classes in Italy
- 21 Italy; cooking schools and lodging
- 22 Italy School Holiday Dates Summer 2013
- 23 Best adult Italian language schools in Italy
- 24 Italian Language course in Florence
- 25 Advice on Turkey Itinerary