I will be in Turin for a conference in late August. I would like to go to the Turin Alps for a week prior to my conference (i.e., would like to be in the Alps for the week of August 20th). I would be grateful for advice on what town would be best as a base for a week of hiking. I would like to stay in a town with a nice mountain resort ambience, where I would rent an apartment or stay in a B&B, and from that town I would like to hike each day on hiking trails. I am not a climber, but will be hiking on marked trails. It would be ideal if I could get to the town from Turin by train or bus as I would rather not rent a car. Thanks for any advice. Elenal
Hiking in the Turin Alps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much luggage?????
- 2 Paris Marais, Montmartre and fairies wheel
- 3 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 4 Catalunya Pyrenees Itinerary
- 5 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 6 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 7 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 8 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 9 Advice for returning rental car to Florence airport
- 10 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 11 Terrorism in Europe
- 12 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 13 London GTG late September?
- 14 From Seville to Faro, Portugal and back to Seville on a rental car
- 15 eateries in Puglia
- 16 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 17 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 18 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 19 100 years of French gratitude
- 20 Need help with itinerary
- 21 Bringing Wine Home From France
- 22 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 23 Help with France itinerary
- 24 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 25 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?