I will be in Turin for a conference in late August. I would like to go to the Turin Alps for a week prior to my conference (i.e., would like to be in the Alps for the week of August 20th). I would be grateful for advice on what town would be best as a base for a week of hiking. I would like to stay in a town with a nice mountain resort ambience, where I would rent an apartment or stay in a B&B, and from that town I would like to hike each day on hiking trails. I am not a climber, but will be hiking on marked trails. It would be ideal if I could get to the town from Turin by train or bus as I would rather not rent a car. Thanks for any advice. Elenal
Hiking in the Turin Alps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 2 Families with kids: rental car or train in Lake Como, Wengen, and Munich?
- 3 Germany for 3 weeks
- 4 Trip Report / Amsterdam - Haarlem - Bruges - Paris / by train
- 5 Top Sights for Northern Ireland
- 6 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 7 Vienna and side trips
- 8 Nature of France
- 9 Rauma Train and the Atlantic Ocean Rd worth visiting?
- 10 France--a month+ by car and train--ideas please!
- 11 Rome - Vatican and Catacomb
- 12 How's this Budget (4-5 weeks in Spain and Italy)
- 13 Bus from Montepulciano, Italy to Roma Fiumicino Airport?
- 14 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 15 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 16 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 17 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 18 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 19 Gift for French business associate
- 20 Back to Provence in 2015
- 21 In Search of Wedding Shoes in Paris
- 22 where to base in Valle D itria
- 23 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 24 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 25 Where to park in Brussels