I will be in Turin for a conference in late August. I would like to go to the Turin Alps for a week prior to my conference (i.e., would like to be in the Alps for the week of August 20th). I would be grateful for advice on what town would be best as a base for a week of hiking. I would like to stay in a town with a nice mountain resort ambience, where I would rent an apartment or stay in a B&B, and from that town I would like to hike each day on hiking trails. I am not a climber, but will be hiking on marked trails. It would be ideal if I could get to the town from Turin by train or bus as I would rather not rent a car. Thanks for any advice. Elenal
Hiking in the Turin Alps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 2 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 3 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 4 Airport ATMs
- 5 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 6 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 7 what is the easiest way to get from Sorrento to the Rome airport
- 8 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 9 Amalfi Coast & Positano Tours for Single Traveler who doesn't drive
- 10 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 11 Wineries near Amalfi Coast?
- 12 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 13 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 14 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 15 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 16 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 17 Three ferries to Mull
- 18 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 19 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 20 American Express
- 21 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 22 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 23 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 24 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 25 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano