I will be in Turin for a conference in late August. I would like to go to the Turin Alps for a week prior to my conference (i.e., would like to be in the Alps for the week of August 20th). I would be grateful for advice on what town would be best as a base for a week of hiking. I would like to stay in a town with a nice mountain resort ambience, where I would rent an apartment or stay in a B&B, and from that town I would like to hike each day on hiking trails. I am not a climber, but will be hiking on marked trails. It would be ideal if I could get to the town from Turin by train or bus as I would rather not rent a car. Thanks for any advice. Elenal
Hiking in the Turin Alps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 2 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 3 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 4 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 5 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 6 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 7 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 8 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 9 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 10 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 11 9 days in turkey
- 12 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 13 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 Nice Video about Poland
- 16 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 17 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 18 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 19 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 20 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 21 Estonia Amber
- 22 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 23 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 24 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 25 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!