We land in Zurich from the US October 1 and would like to spend 2 days in Zurich before going someplace to hike for a few days. I'm trying to get an idea of where might be a good place to base ourselves where weather would likely be nice. On Another post Ingo answered the Engadine valley usually has "perfect weather" for hiking in October. Are there other areas that might be expected to have decent weather? We are moderate hikers. Afterwards we want to train it to Italy. Thanks for your advice.
Hiking in Switzerland first week of October
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 2 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 3 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 4 Dresden or Leipzig
- 5 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 6 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 7 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 8 Eiffel tower tickets
- 9 4-6 weeks
- 10 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 11 Help With Vienna
- 12 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 13 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 14 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 15 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 16 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 17 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 18 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 19 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 20 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 21 Venice Banning Fodors
- 22 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 23 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 24 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 25 Need Some Italy Planning Help