I have read through a lot of posts here and it seems like there are many people with good answers. I will be staying in Northern Italy, near Milan this summer and I hear that hiking in Switzerland is beautiful. I'm an experienced hiker from Washington state and I like the isolation and exercise of a good hike as well as the scenery of course. I want to experience some beautiful trails in Switzerland but I don't enjoy hiking in places were it feels like you are at the local shopping mall (which means too many people and too much walking compared to climbing/hiking). In other words:
1. What are some beautiful, but challenging hikes in Switzerland that would not be (completely) overrun with tourists? A multiple day hike appeals to me but I don't want a tour guide, since I'm pretty good with a map (and hopefully there is signage too).
2. I hear that mountain inns or guest houses are cheaper but i haven't seen many actual figures. What might I expect to pay for the simplest room at one of these places, in the month of August or possibly early September? Do prices usually include meals?
3. Is there a hike in Switzerland so epic and mind blowing that it is worth the crowd?
I have plenty of time but want to keep from blowing the bank if possible. I'd love to really enjoy my time here and not be stressed out with a hectic tourist-style schedule.
Thanks in advance for all your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 헬로우카지노＼＼‷♥( JP89.ZE 。AM )♥‷＼＼슈퍼카지노【슈퍼바카라】
- 2 http://www.oralhealthplus.com/rexadrene/
- 3 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 4 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 5 Spain and South of France
- 6 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 7 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 8 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 9 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 10 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 11 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 12 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 13 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 14 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 15 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 16 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 17 Prague itinerary advice
- 18 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 19 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 20 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 21 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 22 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 23 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 24 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 25 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)