My husband and I enjoyed (loved!) the vacation we took in the spring of 2008 when we stayed in Montepulciano (Appartamenti al Poggiolo, apartment #3, we highly recommend it!). Each day we set out with a lunch and hiked to various hilltop villages, often spending 5 - 7 hours on foot. We are interested in taking another similar vacation (e.g. little-to-no need for a car, a nice apartment to do some of our own cooking, stay in a village that's smallish but large enough to have a few markets, and plenty of rural hiking destinations), perhaps in Spain, Andorra, or France. Recommendations? Thanks!
Hiking in Spain, Andorra or France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 2 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 3 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 4 What area to stay in Rome, Florence, and Venice?
- 5 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 6 Swiss rail passes
- 7 Zurich, Switzerland
- 8 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 9 London day trips, especially castles
- 10 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 11 Hotel in Venice
- 12 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 13 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 16 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 17 Day trips from Marseille
- 18 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 19 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 20 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 21 A drive in Europe
- 22 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 23 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 24 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 25 Day trips