My husband and I enjoyed (loved!) the vacation we took in the spring of 2008 when we stayed in Montepulciano (Appartamenti al Poggiolo, apartment #3, we highly recommend it!). Each day we set out with a lunch and hiked to various hilltop villages, often spending 5 - 7 hours on foot. We are interested in taking another similar vacation (e.g. little-to-no need for a car, a nice apartment to do some of our own cooking, stay in a village that's smallish but large enough to have a few markets, and plenty of rural hiking destinations), perhaps in Spain, Andorra, or France. Recommendations? Thanks!
Hiking in Spain, Andorra or France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 2 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 3 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 4 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 5 Italy in October 2015
- 6 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 7 Italy and Croatia
- 8 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 9 Where to go in France mid July?
- 10 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 11 Help with England/Wales tour
- 12 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 13 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 14 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 15 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 16 trip to norway
- 17 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 18 My notes on Greece 101
- 19 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 20 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 21 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 22 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 23 Is Venice really dirty?
- 24 Cotswold Churches
- 25 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15