My husband and I enjoyed (loved!) the vacation we took in the spring of 2008 when we stayed in Montepulciano (Appartamenti al Poggiolo, apartment #3, we highly recommend it!). Each day we set out with a lunch and hiked to various hilltop villages, often spending 5 - 7 hours on foot. We are interested in taking another similar vacation (e.g. little-to-no need for a car, a nice apartment to do some of our own cooking, stay in a village that's smallish but large enough to have a few markets, and plenty of rural hiking destinations), perhaps in Spain, Andorra, or France. Recommendations? Thanks!
Hiking in Spain, Andorra or France?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 2 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 3 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 4 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 5 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 6 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 7 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 8 Venice in Jan
- 9 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 10 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 11 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 12 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 13 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 14 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 15 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 16 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 17 Prague Main Train Station
- 18 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 19 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 woman dining alone in Barcelona: where to eat?
- 22 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 23 British drivers
- 24 Trip around Spain
- 25 Berlin