I am looking to do some hiking, using Camogli as a home base from May 18-24. I would like to spend one day hiking the Portofino Park/Promontory. I don't think I want to hike the entire way from Camogli to Portofino or Santa Margherita Ligure. The two options I am considering are: 1) hiking from Camogli to San Fruttuoso, stopping for lunch near the Abbey, then catching a ferry to Portofino, walking to SML, then train back to Camogli, or 2) basically the reverse of #1- train from Camogli to SML, walk to Portofino, then walk to San Fruttuoso, lunch, then ferry to Camogli. Does anyone have any experiences or preferences for one route over another? Is one route more practical than the other? Is one significantly more arduous? Which would show off the region best, or have the best views? The Lonely Planet guide to hiking in Italy seems to favour walking in the Camogli to San Fruttuoso direction, while Taylor's 50 Hikes in and around Tuscany recommends walking from Portofino to San Fruttuoso. Thanks!
Hiking Camogli and Portofino Promontory
- 1 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 2 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 3 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 4 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 5 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 6 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 7 Chambermaid tipping
- 8 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 11 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 15 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 19 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 20 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 21 first european holiday itinery
- 22 7 days in Andalucia
- 23 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 24 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 25 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?