I am looking to do some hiking, using Camogli as a home base from May 18-24. I would like to spend one day hiking the Portofino Park/Promontory. I don't think I want to hike the entire way from Camogli to Portofino or Santa Margherita Ligure. The two options I am considering are: 1) hiking from Camogli to San Fruttuoso, stopping for lunch near the Abbey, then catching a ferry to Portofino, walking to SML, then train back to Camogli, or 2) basically the reverse of #1- train from Camogli to SML, walk to Portofino, then walk to San Fruttuoso, lunch, then ferry to Camogli. Does anyone have any experiences or preferences for one route over another? Is one route more practical than the other? Is one significantly more arduous? Which would show off the region best, or have the best views? The Lonely Planet guide to hiking in Italy seems to favour walking in the Camogli to San Fruttuoso direction, while Taylor's 50 Hikes in and around Tuscany recommends walking from Portofino to San Fruttuoso. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Canadians CALL: HP PRINTER tec^h SUPP0RT 1855+999/8045 hp 24*7
- 2 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 3 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 4 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 5 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 6 International drivers permit
- 7 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 8 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 9 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 10 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 11 First visit to London
- 12 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 13 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 14 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 15 Naples + Walking Tour
- 16 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 17 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 18 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 19 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 20 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 21 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 22 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 23 TIM in FCO - update
- 24 London GTG May 19-25
- 25 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017