I am looking to do some hiking, using Camogli as a home base from May 18-24. I would like to spend one day hiking the Portofino Park/Promontory. I don't think I want to hike the entire way from Camogli to Portofino or Santa Margherita Ligure. The two options I am considering are: 1) hiking from Camogli to San Fruttuoso, stopping for lunch near the Abbey, then catching a ferry to Portofino, walking to SML, then train back to Camogli, or 2) basically the reverse of #1- train from Camogli to SML, walk to Portofino, then walk to San Fruttuoso, lunch, then ferry to Camogli. Does anyone have any experiences or preferences for one route over another? Is one route more practical than the other? Is one significantly more arduous? Which would show off the region best, or have the best views? The Lonely Planet guide to hiking in Italy seems to favour walking in the Camogli to San Fruttuoso direction, while Taylor's 50 Hikes in and around Tuscany recommends walking from Portofino to San Fruttuoso. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 2 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 3 Enjoying England for a year!
- 4 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 5 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 6 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 7 Stonehenge and Bath
- 8 Barcelona extension
- 9 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 10 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 11 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?
- 12 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 13 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 14 France to stop making foie grois
- 15 Please Rec best VPN Internet service/company for Italy
- 16 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 17 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 18 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 19 Kilt makers
- 20 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/muscle-xtx-reviews/
- 21 Puglia
- 22 Manchester on derby weekend
- 23 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 24 My First Trip to Europe...
- 25 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays