I am looking to do some hiking, using Camogli as a home base from May 18-24. I would like to spend one day hiking the Portofino Park/Promontory. I don't think I want to hike the entire way from Camogli to Portofino or Santa Margherita Ligure. The two options I am considering are: 1) hiking from Camogli to San Fruttuoso, stopping for lunch near the Abbey, then catching a ferry to Portofino, walking to SML, then train back to Camogli, or 2) basically the reverse of #1- train from Camogli to SML, walk to Portofino, then walk to San Fruttuoso, lunch, then ferry to Camogli. Does anyone have any experiences or preferences for one route over another? Is one route more practical than the other? Is one significantly more arduous? Which would show off the region best, or have the best views? The Lonely Planet guide to hiking in Italy seems to favour walking in the Camogli to San Fruttuoso direction, while Taylor's 50 Hikes in and around Tuscany recommends walking from Portofino to San Fruttuoso. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 2 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 3 Early planning for Scotland. Itinerary thoughts?
- 4 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 5 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 6 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 7 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 8 Iceland itinerary help
- 9 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 10 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 11 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 12 Hertz Never Lost
- 13 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 14 Sicily car rental: pickup, drop off, and size
- 15 Please help with transportation suggestions in Belgium
- 16 2 Days in Bologna
- 17 Spain student visa/ travel questions
- 18 Southern Spain Recs for Honeymooners?
- 19 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 20 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 21 First Time Europe Trip
- 22 Cordoba to Madrid airport?
- 23 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 24 Cordoba or Granada?
- 25 Hostel Advice