I am looking to do some hiking, using Camogli as a home base from May 18-24. I would like to spend one day hiking the Portofino Park/Promontory. I don't think I want to hike the entire way from Camogli to Portofino or Santa Margherita Ligure. The two options I am considering are: 1) hiking from Camogli to San Fruttuoso, stopping for lunch near the Abbey, then catching a ferry to Portofino, walking to SML, then train back to Camogli, or 2) basically the reverse of #1- train from Camogli to SML, walk to Portofino, then walk to San Fruttuoso, lunch, then ferry to Camogli. Does anyone have any experiences or preferences for one route over another? Is one route more practical than the other? Is one significantly more arduous? Which would show off the region best, or have the best views? The Lonely Planet guide to hiking in Italy seems to favour walking in the Camogli to San Fruttuoso direction, while Taylor's 50 Hikes in and around Tuscany recommends walking from Portofino to San Fruttuoso. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 2 Backpacking/Train Travel in Europe
- 3 Anyone been to Ikaria, Greece?
- 4 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 5 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 6 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 7 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 8 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 9 Iceland or the Nordic countries in May with children ?
- 10 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 11 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 12 Istanbul tour guides?
- 13 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 14 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 15 Dublin Sites, Fun and Food
- 16 Not-too-expensive Bed & Breakfasts in Ranelagh (or central-ish) Dublin?
- 17 Vet my itinerary
- 18 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 19 Santorini - best place to stay in the Island
- 20 Another Book List for Italy
- 21 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 22 Italy - best two central locations
- 23 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 24 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 25 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help