I am looking to do some hiking, using Camogli as a home base from May 18-24. I would like to spend one day hiking the Portofino Park/Promontory. I don't think I want to hike the entire way from Camogli to Portofino or Santa Margherita Ligure. The two options I am considering are: 1) hiking from Camogli to San Fruttuoso, stopping for lunch near the Abbey, then catching a ferry to Portofino, walking to SML, then train back to Camogli, or 2) basically the reverse of #1- train from Camogli to SML, walk to Portofino, then walk to San Fruttuoso, lunch, then ferry to Camogli. Does anyone have any experiences or preferences for one route over another? Is one route more practical than the other? Is one significantly more arduous? Which would show off the region best, or have the best views? The Lonely Planet guide to hiking in Italy seems to favour walking in the Camogli to San Fruttuoso direction, while Taylor's 50 Hikes in and around Tuscany recommends walking from Portofino to San Fruttuoso. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 2 Cordoba Overnight?
- 3 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 4 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 5 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 6 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 7 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 8 Sintra
- 9 Scotland Trip Report
- 10 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 11 Barcelona summer 2017 -- brainstorm with me
- 12 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 15 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 16 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 17 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 18 Kayaking in Avignon
- 19 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 20 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 21 4 days in Provence in early June
- 22 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 23 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 24 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 25 France Itinerary Advice