I am looking to do some hiking, using Camogli as a home base from May 18-24. I would like to spend one day hiking the Portofino Park/Promontory. I don't think I want to hike the entire way from Camogli to Portofino or Santa Margherita Ligure. The two options I am considering are: 1) hiking from Camogli to San Fruttuoso, stopping for lunch near the Abbey, then catching a ferry to Portofino, walking to SML, then train back to Camogli, or 2) basically the reverse of #1- train from Camogli to SML, walk to Portofino, then walk to San Fruttuoso, lunch, then ferry to Camogli. Does anyone have any experiences or preferences for one route over another? Is one route more practical than the other? Is one significantly more arduous? Which would show off the region best, or have the best views? The Lonely Planet guide to hiking in Italy seems to favour walking in the Camogli to San Fruttuoso direction, while Taylor's 50 Hikes in and around Tuscany recommends walking from Portofino to San Fruttuoso. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 2 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 3 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 4 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 5 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 6 Iceland rental camper company
- 7 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 8 southeast sicily town as home base
- 9 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 10 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 11 Chania
- 12 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 13 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 14 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 15 Spanish food - not that special?
- 16 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 17 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 18 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 19 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 20 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 21 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 24 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 25 Can you locate this picture in Greece?