I am looking to do some hiking, using Camogli as a home base from May 18-24. I would like to spend one day hiking the Portofino Park/Promontory. I don't think I want to hike the entire way from Camogli to Portofino or Santa Margherita Ligure. The two options I am considering are: 1) hiking from Camogli to San Fruttuoso, stopping for lunch near the Abbey, then catching a ferry to Portofino, walking to SML, then train back to Camogli, or 2) basically the reverse of #1- train from Camogli to SML, walk to Portofino, then walk to San Fruttuoso, lunch, then ferry to Camogli. Does anyone have any experiences or preferences for one route over another? Is one route more practical than the other? Is one significantly more arduous? Which would show off the region best, or have the best views? The Lonely Planet guide to hiking in Italy seems to favour walking in the Camogli to San Fruttuoso direction, while Taylor's 50 Hikes in and around Tuscany recommends walking from Portofino to San Fruttuoso. Thanks!
Hiking Camogli and Portofino Promontory
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 2 Croacia in october
- 3 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 4 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 5 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 6 Sweet 16 Iceland Trip -- suggestions please
- 7 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 8 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 9 Spending money in Italy?
- 10 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 11 stop in lisboa or not
- 12 Getting From Italy to London
- 13 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 14 Stay away from EF Tours
- 15 Italy things to do?
- 16 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 18 Getting cash in Spain
- 19 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 20 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 21 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 22 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 23 Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona
- 24 How to do St. Petersburg in 24 or 48 hours with no visa?
- 25 Sky diving in Barcelona