It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was bknowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist).
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
HGTV/House Hunters in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan!
- 1 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 2 March 2013: Barcelona, Rome and Prague Trip Report
- 3 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 4 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 5 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 6 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 7 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 8 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 9 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 10 Naples on Christmas Eve--Beluga Bar or George's?
- 11 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 12 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 13 First time traveler to Ireland
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 16 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 17 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 18 Prague - must see
- 19 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 20 Spain - Andalucia
- 21 Car in Prague
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 24 Need info on smoking in Dijon area
- 25 Lucerne & Zurich