It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was bknowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist).
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinbrugh
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 4 Help on ancient history route
- 5 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 6 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 7 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 8 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 9 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 10 3 days solo in London
- 11 Chania
- 12 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 13 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 14 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 15 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 16 Studying art in English in venice
- 17 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 18 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 21 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 22 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 25 French language immersion schools in France