It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was bknowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist).
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
HGTV/House Hunters in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 2 Moving to Belfast
- 3 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 4 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 5 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 6 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 7 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 8 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 9 Luggage sizing
- 10 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 11 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 12 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 13 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 14 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 15 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 16 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 17 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 18 Christmas in Munich
- 19 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 20 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 21 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 22 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 23 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 24 Eleanor's Pages
- 25 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration