It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was bknowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist).
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
HGTV/House Hunters in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 2 Budget family trip to Europe
- 3 Berlin
- 4 5 Observations About Paris
- 5 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 6 Guidebook for Iceland
- 7 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 8 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 9 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 10 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 11 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 12 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 visa question
- 15 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 16 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 17 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 18 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 19 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 20 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 21 By train to and out of Prague
- 22 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 23 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 24 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 25 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2