It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was bknowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist).
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 2 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 3 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 4 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 5 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 6 Munich
- 7 Prague hotels
- 8 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 9 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 10 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 13 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 14 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 15 First Time Solo Travel info
- 16 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 17 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 18 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 19 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 20 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 21 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 22 Europe in late January
- 23 Northern lights in December
- 24 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 25 Driving Germany to Benelux