It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was bknowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist).
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 2 I am a.tall foodie
- 3 Anyone have a good word to say about Zurich?
- 4 Portugal and Spain
- 5 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 6 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 7 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 8 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 9 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 10 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 11 FAST transport from JFK to
- 12 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 13 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 14 My Worst Experience During My Holiday In Europe
- 15 Croatia - advice on where to stay in Plitvice Lakes
- 16 Italy in August with kids
- 17 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 18 Itenerary Opinion
- 19 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 20 A road trip to Florence
- 21 Healthy eating in Rome
- 22 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 23 Madrid to Paris by car in January 2016
- 24 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 25 For anyone in London on Wednesday 27 May - State Ooening of Parliament