It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was bknowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist).
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 2 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 3 Russia in two weeks in December
- 4 9 Days in Spain
- 5 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 6 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 7 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 8 Our future trip to Greece
- 9 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 10 Schengen Rule
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 13 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 14 Quizz !
- 15 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 16 Pay attention to your watches !
- 17 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 18 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 19 Spanish Medical Providers
- 20 Christmas Day in Granada
- 21 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 22 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 23 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 24 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 25 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)