It has been too long since I have posted on the forums here. Miss it very much.
Along with some colleagues, I helped House Hunters International (on HGTV in the US) with an episode they produced on a young couple moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan earlier this year, and it is premiering tonight. The timing is ironic, as I just started watching the show about two weeks before the production company called me (so I was bknowledgeableable about what they do, and felt honored to assist).
Kirstin and Farrell Styers met in Washington D.C.and fell in love in Baghdad. They're moving to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to start a media analysis company. It's a growing city thats eager to shed the shackles of it's former Soviet occupation and that's only if it can get beyond its civil uprisings. Agent Harvey Wager takes these intrepid adventurers on a whirlwind tour of Bishkek from opulence to efficiency, and shows them that even with their small budget they can get the best of Bishkek. See what happens when House Hunters International discovers Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
September 29, 2011 10:30 PM e/p 1:30 AM e/p
October 28, 2011, 9:30 PM e/p, 12:30 AM e/p
I will post a link to the video once it is published (and am cross-posting this on Europe and Asia forums as Kyrgyzstan straddles both regions).
HGTV/House Hunters in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 4 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 5 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 6 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 7 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 8 French open
- 9 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 10 tulips in the Netherland
- 11 England and Scotland
- 12 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 13 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 14 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 15 Azores
- 16 Azores
- 17 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 18 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 19 Air pollution in Paris
- 20 Dublin to Armagh?
- 21 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 22 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 23 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 24 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 25 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland