We have been to Pompeii twice and needless to say were amazed. We will now be travelling to that area with a friend who has not been to Italy before. We would like to see Herculaneum, the Amalfi Coast and Positano, but don't want to short change our friend. Are Pompeii and Herculaneum similar? We are active seniors arriving on a cruise ship, and would like to book a private tour. We know each of these areas deserve at least a couple of days - or weeks-, but want to make the most of our limited time. Would love some advice. Thanks in advance.
Herculaneum or Pompeii?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 2 A full week in The Netherlands
- 3 Ryan Air
- 4 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 5 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 6 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 7 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 8 Chambermaid tipping
- 9 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 10 Has Anyone Used Rome Sweet Home?
- 11 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 12 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 13 Albania for Beginners
- 14 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 15 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 Russian Tour Operators for Independent Travelers
- 18 Istanbul hotels
- 19 1st time to Italy...Cinque Terre, Florence and which Tuscan hill town?
- 20 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 21 south eastern europe by train and walking
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Family European winter holiday
- 24 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 25 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy