In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 2 To Prague or not to Prague
- 3 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 4 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 5 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 6 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 7 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 8 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 9 Stansted Express or National Express - which is better?
- 10 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 11 France to Italy advice needed please
- 12 Skiing in Austria?
- 13 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 14 Rocamaxour
- 15 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 16 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?
- 17 Germany for 3 weeks
- 18 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 19 Is this realistic... advice?
- 20 Pickup rental car in Germany and drop off in Switzerland
- 21 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 22 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 23 Lake Como or Lake Maggiore for beauty and nature
- 24 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 25 Dordogne lodging