In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Enjoying England for a year!
- 2 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 3 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 4 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 5 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 6 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 7 Stonehenge and Bath
- 8 Barcelona extension
- 9 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 10 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 11 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?
- 12 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 13 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 14 France to stop making foie grois
- 15 Please Rec best VPN Internet service/company for Italy
- 16 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 17 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 18 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 19 Kilt makers
- 20 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/muscle-xtx-reviews/
- 21 Puglia
- 22 Manchester on derby weekend
- 23 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 24 My First Trip to Europe...
- 25 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays