In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Student Visa versus Residence Card
- 2 Tickets for Buckingham palace, tower of London, London eye - online or not?
- 3 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 4 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 5 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 6 Ireland or Scotland
- 7 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 8 R&R in Paris and a little more in the south
- 9 La Sagrada Familia
- 10 Need help with itinerary
- 11 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 12 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 13 Driving through Chianti on Halloween - where to stop for lunch?
- 14 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 15 Do I need train tix in advance
- 16 Help: Short visit to Crete
- 17 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 18 Schengen rule made easy
- 19 Best Berlin neighborhood for lodging?
- 20 Villa Borghese in Winter
- 21 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 22 Aaah...Umbria!
- 23 Sorrento Advice Please
- 24 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 25 Cruising on Cunard in Your Twenties?