In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 2 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 3 York - Time for tea!
- 4 First Zermatt Ski Trip
- 5 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 6 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 7 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 8 Touring Wales
- 9 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 10 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 11 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 12 Sicily in 4 days
- 13 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 14 Help with hotel choice in BRUGES please!!
- 15 Seville Hotels - September 2016
- 16 Cordoba or Granada?
- 17 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 18 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 19 Cornwall to Edinburgh in 25 days ????
- 20 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 21 Planning roundtrip Greece
- 22 5 days in France or Italian Rivera
- 23 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 24 Road Trip through Peloponnese
- 25 SPANISH MUSEUMS