In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 South of Switzerland
- 2 Greece after the Vote
- 3 Day Trips from Paris
- 4 Rocamaxour
- 5 Home Base in Belgium
- 6 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 7 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 8 Now for the Venice hotel
- 9 London Pass
- 10 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 11 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 12 Potential trip - Balkans
- 13 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 14 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 15 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 16 A Week in Spain
- 17 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 18 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 19 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 20 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 21 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 22 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 23 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 24 week in scotland
- 25 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station