In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 2 London road closings this weekend: Bike Race
- 3 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 4 Our time in Rome
- 5 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 6 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 7 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 8 Enjoying England for a year!
- 9 European Travel in March
- 10 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel
- 11 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 12 Transport from Prague to Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia-Romania
- 13 My First Trip to Europe...
- 14 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 15 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland
- 16 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 17 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 18 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 19 We are back!
- 20 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 21 Europe itinerary review
- 22 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 25 Holiday in Cilento Region