In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015
- 3 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 4 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 5 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 6 One week in Bavaria, Salzburg and Prague
- 7 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 8 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 9 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 10 Airbnb scam
- 11 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 12 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 13 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 14 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 15 Tipping in the UK
- 16 Central Europe itinerary
- 17 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 18 floods in Andalucia
- 19 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 20 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 21 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 22 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 23 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 24 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 25 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?