In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip London to Belgium - Help!
- 2 Eiffel-tower-shut-staff-walk-
- 3 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 4 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 5 Anyone have a good word to say about Zurich?
- 6 Bad Wimpfen or Schwaebisch Hall
- 7 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 8 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 9 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 10 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 11 To Hampton Court Palace
- 12 Scotland for a week with 6 1/2 year old
- 13 London-Paris solo trip
- 14 Northern Spain
- 15 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 16 French Prem Train Fares
- 17 venice to lucca by car
- 18 Train or bus from Annecy to Cully Switzerland
- 19 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 20 Athens Hotels Plaka
- 21 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)
- 22 How much money for 2 weeks in ITALY
- 23 Dublin to Dingle?
- 24 Need advice on transportation
- 25 Walking stylish sandals/flats