In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 2 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 3 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 4 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 5 Italy in October
- 6 New Micheline star restaurants in Madrid and elsewhere in Spain & Portugal
- 7 Ugh, plane ticket prices
- 8 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 9 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 10 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 11 3 weeks in Sicily
- 12 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 13 Seville - Easter weekend - Delays? Crowds?
- 14 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 15 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 16 Which West & East European Countries give the best bang for the buck?
- 17 Please help! 3weeks Europe Holiday Itinerary holiday
- 18 What is the best way to get to Frankfurt from Pozieres
- 19 Dollhouse furniture
- 20 Best Way To Pay For the Tube
- 21 Help with a short post-cruise stay in (potentially) Sorrento
- 22 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 23 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 24 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 25 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin