In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules
- 2 Josselin region of Brittany
- 3 Macarons!
- 4 Need Advice for Stuttgart/Munich Area
- 5 driving day trip to la rioja from San Sebastian- winery / lunchcstops
- 6 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 7 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 8 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 9 Venice, then ?, then Munich
- 10 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 11 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 12 Help with 6 days in Switzerland
- 13 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 14 7 days in Portugal-itinerary help
- 15 Berlin Itinerary
- 16 Need Help, Iceland
- 17 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 18 Please help me give good travel advice
- 19 Best base for Cinque Terre, Portofino, Rapallo?
- 20 driving from palermo to sciacca
- 21 Travel throught Europe
- 22 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 23 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 24 DCC on the increase?
- 25 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help