In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time in France--Paris and Burgundy
- 2 What am I doing wrong?
- 3 17 Days Honeymoon in Italy and France
- 4 Germany at Christmas
- 5 where do you look when you're trying to book a villa last minute?
- 6 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 7 Any Glasgow Experts?
- 8 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 9 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 10 Southern Spain - itinerary suggestions?
- 11 British Airways, anyone?
- 12 Hotel Lorelei et Londres, Sorrento. Whatever happened to it?
- 13 Portugal Itinerary - any advice?
- 14 Mirrors?
- 15 Scotland to Northern Ireland and then back to Scotland. Tips?
- 16 SIM card in Dublin Airport
- 17 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 18 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 19 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 20 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 21 watching Comcast Xfinity on my computer in Sicily
- 22 Leaving for Tuscany in 3 weeks!
- 23 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 24 2 weeks in France next May
- 25 Istanbul to budapest