In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in France next May
- 2 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 3 Coastal Causeway Route- Northern Ireland
- 4 Bus ticket to Siena
- 5 Germany, after Christmas
- 6 Kandersteg - Muddy Boots?
- 7 Buying Scrovegni Chapel tickets & Padova Card together
- 8 Briefing on train journeys from Budapest. Refugees problem.
- 9 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 10 The Tweesters Travel with Tito: 2 weeks in Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia
- 11 Back from a great trip !!
- 12 The Birthday Celebration in Italy!
- 13 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 14 (Frankfurt Airport) Immigration, Luggage & S Bahn at Regional Bahnhoff
- 15 Initial Trip Planning - Spain
- 16 Small-group day tours from London?
- 17 Getting Around Toledo
- 18 Suggestions Algarve beachfront hotel?
- 19 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 20 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 21 Ways to get from Prague to Frankfurt?
- 22 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 23 Le Marche: Cartoceto, Fano...
- 24 Southern Spain - itinerary suggestions?
- 25 Shuttle Service in Paris