In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 2 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 3 1 Night Paris before Eurostar - Where to stay
- 4 Paris/ France Cheapest way to get from the airport to the Dupleix Station
- 5 scotland trave;
- 6 St. Petersburg to Moscow: train or airplane?
- 7 Which tour company would be best?
- 8 Basel Customs - Forgotten Pasport: photocopy suffice?
- 9 Spain in late November/early December
- 10 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 11 What to do in England, Wales and Scotland?
- 12 Why Bilbao is the perfect getaway for foodies...
- 13 Staying in the Highlands
- 14 Ireland Cell Phones
- 15 Athens-Delphi-Nafplio driving itinerary help
- 16 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 17 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 18 Travel by train in Poland?
- 19 Trains
- 20 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 21 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 22 European Quiz # 66 Monday
- 23 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?
- 24 Berlin - one day off
- 25 What do you think of this itinerary?