In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 2 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 3 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 4 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 5 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 6 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 7 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 8 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 9 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 10 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 11 travel to western Europe from India
- 12 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 13 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 14 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 15 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice, France
- 16 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 17 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 18 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 19 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 20 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 21 Paris: Citypharma Du Four Bonaparte - a Trader Joe's for Beauty Items...
- 22 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 23 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 24 Moroccan food in Paris
- 25 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice