In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 2 Four days in London! What are some must-see sights?
- 3 Vienna or Munich
- 4 My summer in Paris
- 5 Munich or Fussen for Bavaria Region?
- 6 Walking the Cotswolds
- 7 First-time Trip to Ireland! Seeking helpful advice...
- 8 Four days in Amsterdam- What to Do?!
- 9 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 10 Day trips from Cologne
- 11 Comments, please about these Rome apartments
- 12 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 13 Self-service Laundry in Rhodes?
- 14 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 15 Weekly Markets Lake District and Dales
- 16 I have 10 days to spend in Italy! Advice needed!
- 17 Day trips from London advice
- 18 IDP for Scotland
- 19 Transportation for 16+- in Italy
- 20 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 21 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 22 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 23 Three day trips from Amsterdam
- 24 Corsica and Sardinia
- 25 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre