In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 2 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 3 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 4 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 5 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 6 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 7 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 8 Sentimental Journey
- 9 A few last minute questions
- 10 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 11 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 12 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 13 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 14 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 15 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 16 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 17 Stay away from EF Tours
- 18 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 19 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 20 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 21 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 22 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 23 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 24 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 25 Antwerp Tram