In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 2 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 3 Switzerland
- 4 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 5 Visiting Zurich
- 6 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 7 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 8 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 9 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 10 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 11 Paris to Bordeaux
- 12 Iceland 3 day layover
- 13 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 14 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 15 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 16 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 17 Train travel
- 18 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 19 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 20 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 21 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 22 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 23 DVD burning software
- 24 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 25 Central London indoor swimming locations