In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 3 Madrid to Sevilla
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 London at Easter
- 6 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 Prague - must see
- 9 Travel by train or bus
- 10 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 11 Car in Prague
- 12 Which travel plan?
- 13 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 14 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 17 Family European winter holiday
- 18 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 19 Planning a holiday
- 20 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 21 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 22 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 23 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 24 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 25 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23