In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 2 I want to buy a European flat iron
- 3 Triple Occupancy room Amalfi Coast
- 4 One day in Paris!
- 5 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 6 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 7 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 8 Champagne Houses open in December - Reims
- 9 Eiffel Tower - look at it, eat there, or go up
- 10 Must do/see in Rome
- 11 Travel in England and Scotland
- 12 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 13 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 14 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 15 Free use of a owned apartment in Berlin
- 16 Groupon Tours
- 17 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 18 St. Petersburg plus
- 19 U K Shelves Ambitious Rail Improvements
- 20 Help required for Germany trip plan
- 21 Baltic Sea Ports of Call and suggested Tour Guides
- 22 One night between Marseille and St.Remy?
- 23 Irish Hotel Choices for Killarney and Adare
- 24 Georges - Pompidou center
- 25 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!