In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Just curious: Kids at the Moulin Rouge?
- 2 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 3 Apartment in Seville in April help
- 4 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 5 Genoa - What are the Must Do's
- 6 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 7 Paris Libraries
- 8 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 9 British Royals
- 10 First Time in Italy 12-14 Days
- 11 UNICO CAMPANIA sets new fare structure effective 1/01/2015
- 12 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 13 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 14 Provence to Toulouse: Trip Planning Help Needed
- 15 Itinerary advice needed-Ring of Kerry vs. Galway area
- 16 Paris to Etretat Day Trip
- 17 Vimy Ridge to CDG airport.
- 18 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 19 Phone/GPS/Internet Access Strategies for European Vacation
- 20 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 21 Paris: Best Bistros
- 22 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 23 Rome Itinerary -- done my homework, please comment
- 24 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 25 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?