In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul water
- 2 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 3 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 4 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 5 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 6 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 7 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 8 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 9 A Travel Junkie and Pastry Chef's Wet Dream
- 10 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 11 Budapest hop on hop off bus tour
- 12 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 13 Advice for a trip to Venice
- 14 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 15 Day Trips from Nice
- 16 Day trip from Barcelona? Single female
- 17 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 18 Madrid: City Views
- 19 How much luggage?????
- 20 Cornwall or Paris?
- 21 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 22 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 23 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens