In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recommendations in Copenhagen
- 2 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 3 Best way to travel between Heathrow and Paris
- 4 Paris Bastille Day
- 5 River Cruise
- 6 Potential trip - Balkans
- 7 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 8 car rental agency
- 9 Amsterdam... Hotel recommendations and must sees
- 10 Italy for 5 nights!
- 11 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 12 Castle/Abbey Ruins in Wales - Night Access
- 13 scotland trave;
- 14 Paris Art Galleries
- 15 Nuremberg on a Business Trip
- 16 Driver/Car Transfer from Pisa to Cinque Terre
- 17 3 Full Days in Paris... What are the must sees?
- 18 Amsterdam Hotel or B&B Recommendation
- 19 Croatia help
- 20 Accommodation
- 21 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 22 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 23 Stockholmsmässan Exhibition and Convention Center to nearest airport
- 24 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 25 Underground Ticket Office Closures---Effects Yet?