In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 2 Our European adventures
- 3 Spain Trip Report
- 4 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 5 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 6 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 7 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 8 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 9 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 10 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 11 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 12 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 13 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 14 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 15 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 16 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 17 20 free days of Europe
- 18 CDG international flight
- 19 12 days europe
- 20 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 21 Budapest on a budget
- 22 Seville in late January
- 23 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 24 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 25 Help family trip Sardinia with 2years old