In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 2 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 3 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 4 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 5 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 6 3 week trip with children
- 7 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 8 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 9 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 10 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 11 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 12 Things to do in Montpellier
- 13 Italy in 11 Days
- 14 dinner jackets
- 15 French election
- 16 Leather goods in Florence
- 17 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 18 Piedmont as a destination
- 19 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 20 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 21 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 22 paris and france with my teenage daughter
- 23 Trip to Rome
- 24 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 25 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?