In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
- 1 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 2 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 3 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 4 5 days in Ireland, what can I fit in?!
- 5 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 6 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 7 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 8 Rome Hotels near Termini
- 9 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 10 Edinburgh
- 11 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 12 Connection in Newark EWR
- 13 Refining London and Scotland
- 14 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 15 Apartment location
- 16 portugal
- 17 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 18 Paris trip report
- 19 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 20 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 21 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 22 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 23 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 24 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 25 Arriving at Rome FCO and departing from ZRH-luggage transfer advice