In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 2 Italy tours
- 3 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 4 Scotland Votes "No"
- 5 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 6 Gift for French business associate
- 7 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 8 Loving Italy: our trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice
- 9 1 week Tuscany in November
- 10 The honest Italian tale of the laughs, the panics and the awe
- 11 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 12 Sunny September Trip Report
- 13 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 14 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 15 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 16 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 17 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 18 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 19 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 20 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 21 Gtg San Antonio
- 22 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 23 Early October 2014 Trip to Mosel Valley and Rhineland
- 24 help- newbies to international travel- Italy logistics
- 25 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine