In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 2 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 3 Help With Vienna
- 4 Nice or Marseille??
- 5 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 6 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 7 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 8 Air pollution in Paris
- 9 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 10 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 11 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 12 France, Italy and Greec
- 13 gites de france or agritourism
- 14 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 15 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 16 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 17 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 18 Trains in Italy
- 19 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 20 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 21 Dresden or Leipzig
- 22 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 23 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 24 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 25 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11