In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)
- 2 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 3 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 4 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 5 Another Visit to London
- 6 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 7 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 8 bbc radio 4 visits Fleetwood near Blackpool
- 9 Train or bus from Annecy to Cully Switzerland
- 10 3 days Venice to Paris
- 11 A Beautiful Visit to Emilia-Romagna
- 12 My Worst Experience During My Holiday In Europe
- 13 Need advice on transportation
- 14 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 15 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 16 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 17 Berlin insurance questions
- 18 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 19 France for Six Weeks
- 20 Where to stay in Barcelona during La Merce?
- 21 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 22 Can you please critique my ring road plan?
- 23 which basque wine TXAKOLINA wineries bodegas to visit from san sebastian?
- 24 ROME JEWISH GHETTO - directions needed
- 25 explore Italy on a budget