In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Art History lover - itinerary help
- 2 Gatwick to Paddington via Victoria/London Bridge
- 3 Paris-Best to visit end of October.. or during Christmas time?
- 4 May 2015 Rome/Florence Trip Report
- 5 Southern France suggestions
- 6 Advice needed for Greece/Italy trip
- 7 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 8 Late October Trip in France
- 9 Train from Alsace to Cochem
- 10 Bus Tickets in Wurzburg
- 11 Traveling to Northern Italy
- 12 Do I need a debit/PiIN card in England?
- 13 Italy, Spain and France
- 14 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 15 ALGARVE- MALAGA Spain road trip...help needed
- 16 Cycling in Denmark, land of burgers and bread
- 17 Spain and around that for 2 weeks
- 18 Tipping culture in Croatia and the Balkans
- 19 This is Why I Will Always Travel Solo From Now: Trip Report -Rome and Sorrento
- 20 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 21 Trip Report: Sailing in Croatia, with a Stop at Wimbledon
- 22 10-day Itinerary Shannon to Southwest and West Ireland
- 23 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 24 November in Vienna and ??? : Questions
- 25 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?