In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 2 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 3 Athens jeweler recommendations?
- 4 Car travel within Regensburg during the Christmas season
- 5 Air France strike
- 6 Doges Palace; online tickets?
- 7 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 8 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 9 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 10 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 11 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 12 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 13 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 14 Photographer in Paris?
- 15 See Batalha and Alcobaça while driving from Lisbon to Coimbra
- 16 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 17 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 18 19 countries in a day
- 19 Finistère Base
- 20 24-Hour Layover in Hamburg
- 21 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 22 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 23 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 24 First visit to France in November
- 25 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days