In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Belfast to Scotland help
- 2 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 3 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 4 Naxos in May
- 5 France, Italy and Greec
- 6 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 7 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 8 20 days in Germany
- 9 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 10 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 11 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 12 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 13 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 14 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 15 Portugal Alentejo's cante
- 16 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 17 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 18 help regarding removal firm in london
- 19 Dresden or Leipzig
- 20 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 21 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 22 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 23 Trains in Italy
- 24 South of France November Trip Report
- 25 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?