In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 2 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 3 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 4 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 5 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 6 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 7 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 8 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 9 travel to western Europe from India
- 10 Paris: Citypharma Du Four Bonaparte - a Trader Joe's for Beauty Items...
- 11 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 12 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 13 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 14 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 15 Moroccan food in Paris
- 16 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 17 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 18 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 19 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 20 Bike touring in France
- 21 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 22 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 23 Does this sound feasible?
- 24 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 25 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver