In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The east coast of Italy
- 2 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 3 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 4 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 5 Bella to Rome
- 6 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 7 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 8 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 9 Ireland or Scotland
- 10 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 11 Need help with destinations east of Stockholm
- 12 Two Month Europe Trip
- 13 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 14 First Trip to Europe
- 15 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 16 Anyone used otel.com - is it reputable
- 17 Renting a car in Portugal from Autoeurope.com
- 18 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 19 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 20 Bologna - 5 days too much?
- 21 Had vignette but got ticket anyway!
- 22 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 23 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 24 Cruise stop at Livirono (Florence/Pisa)
- 25 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey