In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 Best testosterone booster
- 4 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 5 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 6 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 7 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 8 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 9 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 10 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 11 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 12 Le Marche, Italy
- 13 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 14 Ballet Bolshoi
- 15 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 16 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 17 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 18 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities
- 19 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 20 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 21 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 22 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 23 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 24 Trains France/Switzerland
- 25 fear of driving in rome!