In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 2 Europe in 21 days
- 3 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 4 Spain Questions
- 5 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 6 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 7 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 8 Avignon to London?
- 9 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 10 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 11 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 12 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 13 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 16 one last portugal car rental question
- 17 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 18 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 19 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 20 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 21 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 22 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 23 Street food in Turkey
- 24 Dublin Hostels
- 25 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014