In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 2 First Trip to Europe!
- 3 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 4 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 5 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 6 Paris Under Seige...
- 7 Rue des Rosiers
- 8 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 9 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 10 Scotland Trip
- 11 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 12 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 13 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 14 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 15 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 16 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 17 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 18 visa appointment experience
- 19 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 20 Which Heathrow Airport Car Service Would You Use?
- 21 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 22 4 week trip Turkey
- 23 Holiday in Austria
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 25 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise