In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 2 Question About Belgiun Train Travel
- 3 First Time in Italy 12-14 Days
- 4 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 5 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 6 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 7 Paris to Etretat Day Trip
- 8 Help plan my honeymoon! Northern Spain, and/or Lisbon or Bordeaux
- 9 Itinerary help for 3 weeks Frankfurt to Paris
- 10 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 11 Paris Museum Pass length of life
- 12 St Gervais les-Bains to Colmar: Where to Stop for the Night?
- 13 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 14 driving from Bordeaux to Paris
- 15 France 8 days
- 16 Help with Itinerary, choosing Florence and Venice over Chianti area
- 17 Phone/GPS/Internet Access Strategies for European Vacation
- 18 milan austria
- 19 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 20 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 21 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 22 Lake Bled vs. Soca Valley
- 23 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 24 Malaga article
- 25 A taste of Scotland and Ireland