In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 2 Hotel in Tenerife, Canary Islands
- 3 Why Not Helsinki?
- 4 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 5 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 6 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 7 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 8 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 9 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 10 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 11 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 12 8 days in Vienna in December
- 13 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 14 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 15 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 16 Car rental leaving Rome
- 17 Christmas Market and Parking
- 18 Paris Under Seige...
- 19 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 20 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 21 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 22 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 23 Advices about our itiniary
- 24 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 25 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!