In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 2 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 3 What to wear
- 4 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 5 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 6 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 7 Paris November 2014
- 8 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 9 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 10 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 11 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 12 Traveling in France by train
- 13 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 14 Arc de Triumph Question
- 15 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 16 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 17 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 18 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 19 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 20 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 21 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 22 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 23 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)
- 24 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 25 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel