In route to Asia, we have a long stopover (8 to 9 hrs) in Helsinki mid December and then we have a 1-night layover coming back home on Dec 30.
I just started my research but am looking for ideas on nice family places to stay-2 adults and 2 teens plus possibly inlaws. (so far-just check the Hiltons and hotel haven)
Just from reading a bit, looks like I probably have enough time to wander around the city on our way going-any not to miss city highlights that we absolutely should visit? Or great guide recommendations? Should we just take the train from the airport into the city and walk around?
On the way going home, should we try to to do a ferry ride? Are they running in late December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 2 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 3 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 4 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 5 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 6 Hotel in Venice
- 7 What are the best places to see in England
- 8 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 9 Transportation in Barcelona
- 10 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 11 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 12 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 13 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 14 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 15 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 16 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 17 Day trip from London to Paris
- 18 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 19 Ste Remy France
- 20 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 21 Europe in 21 days
- 22 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 23 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 24 Six months in France -- how to do it?
- 25 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt