I have been online for 3 days trying to figure out the least expensive train fare for DH and I to get from either Milan or Lake Como (dependent on whether we still have our rental car) to Lucerne on Monday, October 3, 2011. It appears that from Como (where we plan to stay), this is going to cost 160 CHF (each??) for a short train ride of 2 1/2 hours in 2nd class plus an additional 10 CHF if we want to reserve the seat type for the second leg of trip (Arth-Goldau - Luzern). Is that really correct? This is on the SBB.ch site. Checked on the same site leaving from Milan at a similar time and they show a "special" fare of 88 CHF/person. However, there doesn't seem to be reservations available for the second leg of this trip (Olten - Luzern). Am I understanding this information correctly? Is there another much more cost effective way to get there? Would love some suggestions, please!
HELP.....Trains from Milan or Lake Como to Lucerne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London visit
- 2 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 3 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 4 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 5 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 6 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 7 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 8 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 9 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 10 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 11 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 14 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 15 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 16 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 17 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 18 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 19 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 20 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 21 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 22 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 23 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 24 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 25 Budget for 3 Month's