I have been online for 3 days trying to figure out the least expensive train fare for DH and I to get from either Milan or Lake Como (dependent on whether we still have our rental car) to Lucerne on Monday, October 3, 2011. It appears that from Como (where we plan to stay), this is going to cost 160 CHF (each??) for a short train ride of 2 1/2 hours in 2nd class plus an additional 10 CHF if we want to reserve the seat type for the second leg of trip (Arth-Goldau - Luzern). Is that really correct? This is on the SBB.ch site. Checked on the same site leaving from Milan at a similar time and they show a "special" fare of 88 CHF/person. However, there doesn't seem to be reservations available for the second leg of this trip (Olten - Luzern). Am I understanding this information correctly? Is there another much more cost effective way to get there? Would love some suggestions, please!
HELP.....Trains from Milan or Lake Como to Lucerne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul Itinerary
- 2 American electrical gadgets
- 3 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 4 Honeymoon in Sicily
- 5 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 6 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 7 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 8 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 9 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 10 What to wear
- 11 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 12 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 13 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 14 London neighborhood suggestions
- 15 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 16 Matisse at Tate
- 17 Best mobile operator/plan for Czech Republic + adjacent countries?
- 18 Paris 14th - Hotel Chaplain Rive Gauche, Hotel du Lion, Hotel Sophie Germain, Hotel le Nouvel Orleans
- 19 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 20 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 21 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 22 Ireland Southwest
- 23 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 24 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 25 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice