I have been online for 3 days trying to figure out the least expensive train fare for DH and I to get from either Milan or Lake Como (dependent on whether we still have our rental car) to Lucerne on Monday, October 3, 2011. It appears that from Como (where we plan to stay), this is going to cost 160 CHF (each??) for a short train ride of 2 1/2 hours in 2nd class plus an additional 10 CHF if we want to reserve the seat type for the second leg of trip (Arth-Goldau - Luzern). Is that really correct? This is on the SBB.ch site. Checked on the same site leaving from Milan at a similar time and they show a "special" fare of 88 CHF/person. However, there doesn't seem to be reservations available for the second leg of this trip (Olten - Luzern). Am I understanding this information correctly? Is there another much more cost effective way to get there? Would love some suggestions, please!
HELP.....Trains from Milan or Lake Como to Lucerne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 2 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 3 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 4 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 5 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 6 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 7 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 8 Prague - cool & unusual things to see
- 9 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 10 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 11 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 12 Italian Lakes
- 13 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 14 To live in Cinque Terre National Park
- 15 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 16 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 17 Dolomites - Where to stay!
- 18 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 19 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 20 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 21 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 22 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 23 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 24 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 25 Trip report of our visit to Rioja