I have been online for 3 days trying to figure out the least expensive train fare for DH and I to get from either Milan or Lake Como (dependent on whether we still have our rental car) to Lucerne on Monday, October 3, 2011. It appears that from Como (where we plan to stay), this is going to cost 160 CHF (each??) for a short train ride of 2 1/2 hours in 2nd class plus an additional 10 CHF if we want to reserve the seat type for the second leg of trip (Arth-Goldau - Luzern). Is that really correct? This is on the SBB.ch site. Checked on the same site leaving from Milan at a similar time and they show a "special" fare of 88 CHF/person. However, there doesn't seem to be reservations available for the second leg of this trip (Olten - Luzern). Am I understanding this information correctly? Is there another much more cost effective way to get there? Would love some suggestions, please!
HELP.....Trains from Milan or Lake Como to Lucerne
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 6 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 7 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 8 River cruises
- 9 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 10 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 11 7 days in Andalucia
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 13 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 14 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 15 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 16 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 17 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 18 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 19 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 20 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 21 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 24 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 25 Belgium