I'm sure we have all noted that many FAQ's keep coming up. I thought it might be helpful to provide the following. Please feel free to add your own or correct mine.
Should I buy a railpass?
Should I buy train tickets in the US or in Italy?
Italy. Cheaper. Unless you need a particular train immediately on arrival. Try www.euraide.com
How do I get from FCO into Rome?
Take the shuttle train to Rome TE. Runs every 1/2 hr. Takes 1/2 hr 9E
How do I get from Rome TE to my hotel?
Map of Rome subway system is at
How do I get from Rome to The Amalfi Coast?
Train from Rome to Naples and Circumvesuviana to Sorrento. SITA Bus to your town.
Schedules at www.trenitalia.com, http://www.vesuviana.it/orario_ol/orari.asp
Train from Rome to Salerno and take the bus to Amalfi or the Traghetto to Amalfi.
Where do I find train schedules?
Where do I find bus schedules?
SITA Bus at http://www.sita-on-line.it/
Lazzi Bus at htt://www.lazzi.it
Is there a map of the Rome Metro system?
Is there a map of the Florence bus system?
How do I use the Venice Vaporetto system?
What should I wear in (enter city)?
Cover your shoulders and knees in houses of worship. Otherwise, wear whatever you would wear to visit NY, SF, DC.
Helpful Information: Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 2 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 3 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 4 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 5 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 6 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 7 Street food in Turkey
- 8 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 9 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 10 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza
- 11 Itinerary Help!
- 12 Toulouse and beyond -
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 One week in Venice - trips
- 15 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 16 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 17 Scotland
- 18 9 days in turkey
- 19 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 20 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 21 UK for 12 days !
- 22 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 24 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 25 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014