I'm sure we have all noted that many FAQ's keep coming up. I thought it might be helpful to provide the following. Please feel free to add your own or correct mine.
Should I buy a railpass?
Should I buy train tickets in the US or in Italy?
Italy. Cheaper. Unless you need a particular train immediately on arrival. Try www.euraide.com
How do I get from FCO into Rome?
Take the shuttle train to Rome TE. Runs every 1/2 hr. Takes 1/2 hr 9E
How do I get from Rome TE to my hotel?
Map of Rome subway system is at
How do I get from Rome to The Amalfi Coast?
Train from Rome to Naples and Circumvesuviana to Sorrento. SITA Bus to your town.
Schedules at www.trenitalia.com, http://www.vesuviana.it/orario_ol/orari.asp
Train from Rome to Salerno and take the bus to Amalfi or the Traghetto to Amalfi.
Where do I find train schedules?
Where do I find bus schedules?
SITA Bus at http://www.sita-on-line.it/
Lazzi Bus at htt://www.lazzi.it
Is there a map of the Rome Metro system?
Is there a map of the Florence bus system?
How do I use the Venice Vaporetto system?
What should I wear in (enter city)?
Cover your shoulders and knees in houses of worship. Otherwise, wear whatever you would wear to visit NY, SF, DC.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 2 Sim Card
- 3 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 4 SE ITALY
- 5 Transport for local Venice travel
- 6 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 7 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 8 London vacation rental agency
- 9 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 10 Borghese Gallery Question
- 11 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 12 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 15 Sicily help
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 18 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 19 Towns around Lucca
- 20 Cork questions
- 21 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 22 Italy Vacation
- 23 Stu Tower
- 24 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 25 La Coruna or Santiago or both?