I'm sure we have all noted that many FAQ's keep coming up. I thought it might be helpful to provide the following. Please feel free to add your own or correct mine.
Should I buy a railpass?
Should I buy train tickets in the US or in Italy?
Italy. Cheaper. Unless you need a particular train immediately on arrival. Try www.euraide.com
How do I get from FCO into Rome?
Take the shuttle train to Rome TE. Runs every 1/2 hr. Takes 1/2 hr 9E
How do I get from Rome TE to my hotel?
Map of Rome subway system is at
How do I get from Rome to The Amalfi Coast?
Train from Rome to Naples and Circumvesuviana to Sorrento. SITA Bus to your town.
Schedules at www.trenitalia.com, http://www.vesuviana.it/orario_ol/orari.asp
Train from Rome to Salerno and take the bus to Amalfi or the Traghetto to Amalfi.
Where do I find train schedules?
Where do I find bus schedules?
SITA Bus at http://www.sita-on-line.it/
Lazzi Bus at htt://www.lazzi.it
Is there a map of the Rome Metro system?
Is there a map of the Florence bus system?
How do I use the Venice Vaporetto system?
What should I wear in (enter city)?
Cover your shoulders and knees in houses of worship. Otherwise, wear whatever you would wear to visit NY, SF, DC.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona question
- 2 Help with first time trip with family
- 3 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 4 Beaune looking for accommodation suggestions
- 5 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 6 Fodor's Survey
- 7 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 8 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 9 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 10 European Cooking Secrets
- 11 Venice to Positano to Rome travel help
- 12 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 13 Azores, Canary Islands, Mallorca, or Hawaii for August Honeymoon
- 14 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 15 My 60th birthday surprises
- 16 20 Days in Europe
- 17 4 days in switzerland
- 18 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 19 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 20 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 21 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 22 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 23 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 24 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 25 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall