I'm sure we have all noted that many FAQ's keep coming up. I thought it might be helpful to provide the following. Please feel free to add your own or correct mine.
Should I buy a railpass?
Should I buy train tickets in the US or in Italy?
Italy. Cheaper. Unless you need a particular train immediately on arrival. Try www.euraide.com
How do I get from FCO into Rome?
Take the shuttle train to Rome TE. Runs every 1/2 hr. Takes 1/2 hr 9E
How do I get from Rome TE to my hotel?
Map of Rome subway system is at
How do I get from Rome to The Amalfi Coast?
Train from Rome to Naples and Circumvesuviana to Sorrento. SITA Bus to your town.
Schedules at www.trenitalia.com, http://www.vesuviana.it/orario_ol/orari.asp
Train from Rome to Salerno and take the bus to Amalfi or the Traghetto to Amalfi.
Where do I find train schedules?
Where do I find bus schedules?
SITA Bus at http://www.sita-on-line.it/
Lazzi Bus at htt://www.lazzi.it
Is there a map of the Rome Metro system?
Is there a map of the Florence bus system?
How do I use the Venice Vaporetto system?
What should I wear in (enter city)?
Cover your shoulders and knees in houses of worship. Otherwise, wear whatever you would wear to visit NY, SF, DC.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 2 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 3 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 4 Croatia Ferry Help
- 5 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 getting to CDG
- 8 Ireland hotel questions
- 9 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 10 Ireland travel passport question
- 11 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 12 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 13 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 14 Switzerland in November?
- 15 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 16 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 17 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 18 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 19 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 20 Barcelona cooking classes
- 21 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 24 4 days itinerary for France
- 25 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input