I'm sure we have all noted that many FAQ's keep coming up. I thought it might be helpful to provide the following. Please feel free to add your own or correct mine.
Should I buy a railpass?
Should I buy train tickets in the US or in Italy?
Italy. Cheaper. Unless you need a particular train immediately on arrival. Try www.euraide.com
How do I get from FCO into Rome?
Take the shuttle train to Rome TE. Runs every 1/2 hr. Takes 1/2 hr 9E
How do I get from Rome TE to my hotel?
Map of Rome subway system is at
How do I get from Rome to The Amalfi Coast?
Train from Rome to Naples and Circumvesuviana to Sorrento. SITA Bus to your town.
Schedules at www.trenitalia.com, http://www.vesuviana.it/orario_ol/orari.asp
Train from Rome to Salerno and take the bus to Amalfi or the Traghetto to Amalfi.
Where do I find train schedules?
Where do I find bus schedules?
SITA Bus at http://www.sita-on-line.it/
Lazzi Bus at htt://www.lazzi.it
Is there a map of the Rome Metro system?
Is there a map of the Florence bus system?
How do I use the Venice Vaporetto system?
What should I wear in (enter city)?
Cover your shoulders and knees in houses of worship. Otherwise, wear whatever you would wear to visit NY, SF, DC.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 2 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 3 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 4 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 5 Iceland 3 day layover
- 6 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 7 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 10 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 11 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 12 Milos beach stay
- 13 Paris to Bordeaux
- 14 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 15 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 16 WWI Battlefields
- 17 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 18 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 19 Train travel
- 20 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 21 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 22 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 23 Christmas Markets 2017
- 24 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 25 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)