After months of pouring over blogs, web sites, and books, I realized that I still do not know exactly what to do, and I already have the Flight Tickets! (May 12 - May 28)
I decided to ask for help to people who knows and ask for advice
My plan is to get to see Turkey, not only the Greek ruins. Although I have study Art History, I am going to save the Aegean Sea ruins for another Greece trip.
I wonder if you would give me some advice:
May 12-13 Flying from NYC to Istanbul.
Staying 2 nights in Istanbul
May 14: Bosporus Tour, to wean the jet lag.
May 15: Look around Istanbul
May 16: Fly to Antalya. Rent a car and drive to Kas and visit Xanthos-Letoon,
Back to Antalya, through some other route, and see Perge and Aspendos. 4 days.
May 20 Fly into Konya from Antalya.
May 21 Konya Stay one night. I am a Rumi follower and I want to visit The Mevlana's Mausoleum and make a tour to the Catalalhoyuk ruins (one hour from Konya)
May 22; From Konya take a Bus to Cappadocia. probably staying in Urgup 2 nights.
Balloon flight and day tours.
May 24 - Flight to Istanbul
May 25 Istanbul-Tour to Safranbolu and Amasra (Black Sea)
May 26 Istanbul
May 27 Istanbul- Tour to Pergamo
May 28 Leaving to NYC
Do you think this is doable?
I would appreciate any of your comments,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 2 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 3 Holiday in Austria
- 4 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 5 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 6 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 7 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 8 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 9 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 10 What one thing in Paris?
- 11 Paris Under Seige...
- 12 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 13 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 14 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 15 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 16 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 17 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 18 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 19 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 20 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 21 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 22 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 23 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 24 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 25 Help with Itineray Central Europe