After months of pouring over blogs, web sites, and books, I realized that I still do not know exactly what to do, and I already have the Flight Tickets! (May 12 - May 28)
I decided to ask for help to people who knows and ask for advice
My plan is to get to see Turkey, not only the Greek ruins. Although I have study Art History, I am going to save the Aegean Sea ruins for another Greece trip.
I wonder if you would give me some advice:
May 12-13 Flying from NYC to Istanbul.
Staying 2 nights in Istanbul
May 14: Bosporus Tour, to wean the jet lag.
May 15: Look around Istanbul
May 16: Fly to Antalya. Rent a car and drive to Kas and visit Xanthos-Letoon,
Back to Antalya, through some other route, and see Perge and Aspendos. 4 days.
May 20 Fly into Konya from Antalya.
May 21 Konya Stay one night. I am a Rumi follower and I want to visit The Mevlana's Mausoleum and make a tour to the Catalalhoyuk ruins (one hour from Konya)
May 22; From Konya take a Bus to Cappadocia. probably staying in Urgup 2 nights.
Balloon flight and day tours.
May 24 - Flight to Istanbul
May 25 Istanbul-Tour to Safranbolu and Amasra (Black Sea)
May 26 Istanbul
May 27 Istanbul- Tour to Pergamo
May 28 Leaving to NYC
Do you think this is doable?
I would appreciate any of your comments,
Help with unusual Turkey Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 2 Stereotypes about various nationalities
- 3 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 4 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 5 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 6 Is Venice really dirty?
- 7 Authentic czech food
- 8 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 9 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 10 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 11 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 12 Kimhe--flamenco
- 13 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 14 Limavady, Ireland?? Where is it?
- 15 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 16 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 17 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 18 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 19 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 20 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 21 Christmas in London
- 22 Autumn in Paris
- 23 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 24 Norway Advice
- 25 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia