I'm planning a trip to Turkey with 3 others starting in Istanbul and leaving from Bodrum for the Greek Islands. For the trip we are after a good mix of sightseeing and relaxing on nice sandy beaches. We have an idea of what we want to see but I'm struggling to put it together. The plan was:
24th July - Fly into Istanbul (am)
25th July - Istanbul
26th July - Istanbul
27th July - Istanbul - o/night bus to Cappadocia
28th July - Cappadocia
29th July - Cappadocia - o/night bus to Antalya/Fethiye
30th July - Fethiye
31st July - Fethiye
1st August - Selcuk (or other good base to check out Ephesus)
2nd August - Selcuk (or other good base to check out Ephesus)
3rd August - Catch ferry from Bodrum to Kos
I need to find a way to make this work better as this involved doubling back and there is not enough time when you take into account travel on the Fethiye to Bodrum leg of the trip (ferry from Bodrum on the 3rd leaves at 9.30am).
The reason for wanting to include Fethiye is obviously the beach however it seems to be out of the way for the rest of our plans.
Is there another beach which would be equally as beautiful as Fethiye which would fit our plans better if we were to change the itinary so that we head straight to the west coast after Cappadocia and work our way to Bodrum??
Our travel preference is to keep the costs down by catching busses/trains where possible but we are also short on time so may need to compromise on this?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 2 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 7 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 8 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 9 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 11 Zurich to Milan trip
- 12 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 13 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 14 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 17 San Sebastián
- 18 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 19 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 20 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 21 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 22 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 23 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 24 Planning A trip
- 25 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue