My husband & I are going to Italy for two weeks and we are leaving next weekend. We are used to doing a lot on vacation so we have booked hotels, tours, & trains. We are flying into Naples and staying three nights in Sorrento. We then need to get back to Naples to take the train to Rome. We have never been without a guide, so I'm a little nervous about being on our own. We decided not to rent any cars. Please let me know what is the best way to get from Naples airport to Sorrento and Sorrento to Naples train station. We don't have anything booked in Sorrento. I thought we'd explore a bit when we arrive the first day. We'll have two full days, so what do you recommend? Capri, Amalfi, and/or Positano. I get motion sickness with curvy roads, so we'll go by boat rather than bus. I can take meds if the water is choppy, but I'm sure it will be much better than the bus ride.
Help with traveling in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 2 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 3 Paris in April?
- 4 car rental companies Italy
- 5 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 6 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 7 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 8 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 9 What are the best places to see in England
- 10 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 11 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 12 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 13 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 14 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 15 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 16 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 17 hotels in Seville
- 18 Sicily Suggetions
- 19 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 20 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 21 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 22 Nice hotel in Garmisch, Fussen or Mittenwald
- 23 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 24 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 25 England/Scotland Itinerary