My husband & I are going to Italy for two weeks and we are leaving next weekend. We are used to doing a lot on vacation so we have booked hotels, tours, & trains. We are flying into Naples and staying three nights in Sorrento. We then need to get back to Naples to take the train to Rome. We have never been without a guide, so I'm a little nervous about being on our own. We decided not to rent any cars. Please let me know what is the best way to get from Naples airport to Sorrento and Sorrento to Naples train station. We don't have anything booked in Sorrento. I thought we'd explore a bit when we arrive the first day. We'll have two full days, so what do you recommend? Capri, Amalfi, and/or Positano. I get motion sickness with curvy roads, so we'll go by boat rather than bus. I can take meds if the water is choppy, but I'm sure it will be much better than the bus ride.
Help with traveling in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 2 Good times in Munich, the city
- 3 history museums or locations
- 4 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 5 Airport ATMs
- 6 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 7 Cylades Island Hopping
- 8 One week in Spain, late May
- 9 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 10 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 11 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 12 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 13 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 14 Day roadtrips from Munich base
- 15 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 16 Berlin Prague Vienna Munich
- 17 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 18 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 19 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 20 5 Observations About Paris
- 21 Lake Como transportation questions
- 22 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 23 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 24 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 25 Iwango went…to Nice