A friend and I are traveling to Poppi for a week of cooking classes in a Villa. We fly into Florence. I would like some imput on the best way to travel from Florence to Poppi. We had planned on renting a car at the Florence Airport and driving to Poppi. On our return, we will spend one night in Florence since our flight is very early in the morning on Sunday. We are thinking we should return our rental to the airport on Saturday to avoid the cost of one additional rental day and parking in Florence. If we do this, we would need to take the bus back in to Florence, luggage in tow, and get to our hotel. The other idea was to take the train to Arezzo on our arrival in Florence, rent a car there , and drive to Poppi. This would allow us some "down time" after the long flight befrore having to drive in Italy. My friend has offered to drive, but wants an automatic transmission, which is next to impossibe to find in Arezzo, and costly if you can find it. We do not have our hotel reservations yet for September 25, and are trying to determine where we could stay in Florence depending on how we will travel. I am at a total loss as to what would be the best course of travel for us. Obviously, we would like the least "hassle" in this whole transaction, but cannot determine what that would be. Any advise would be appreciated. THANK YOU!
Help with travel to and from Florence to Poppi
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 3 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 4 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 5 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 6 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 7 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 8 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 9 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 10 Advice please...
- 11 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 12 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 13 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 14 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 15 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 16 Paris in black and white
- 17 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 18 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 19 Hey Fodor's
- 20 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 21 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 22 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 23 Douro cruise in last week of November?
- 24 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 25 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct