A friend and I are traveling to Poppi for a week of cooking classes in a Villa. We fly into Florence. I would like some imput on the best way to travel from Florence to Poppi. We had planned on renting a car at the Florence Airport and driving to Poppi. On our return, we will spend one night in Florence since our flight is very early in the morning on Sunday. We are thinking we should return our rental to the airport on Saturday to avoid the cost of one additional rental day and parking in Florence. If we do this, we would need to take the bus back in to Florence, luggage in tow, and get to our hotel. The other idea was to take the train to Arezzo on our arrival in Florence, rent a car there , and drive to Poppi. This would allow us some "down time" after the long flight befrore having to drive in Italy. My friend has offered to drive, but wants an automatic transmission, which is next to impossibe to find in Arezzo, and costly if you can find it. We do not have our hotel reservations yet for September 25, and are trying to determine where we could stay in Florence depending on how we will travel. I am at a total loss as to what would be the best course of travel for us. Obviously, we would like the least "hassle" in this whole transaction, but cannot determine what that would be. Any advise would be appreciated. THANK YOU!
Help with travel to and from Florence to Poppi
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 2 what is the easiest way to get from Sorrento to the Rome airport
- 3 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 4 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 5 Amalfi Coast & Positano Tours for Single Traveler who doesn't drive
- 6 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 7 Wineries near Amalfi Coast?
- 8 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 9 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 10 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 13 Three ferries to Mull
- 14 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 15 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 16 Airport ATMs
- 17 American Express
- 18 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 19 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 20 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 21 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 22 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 23 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 24 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 25 Sono arrivato a Venezia