I am researching the quickest and most cost effective way to get from Cinque Terre to Linate Airport outside of Milan. Our flight leaves at 2:00 PM on a Saturday, and we have our room reservations in Cinque Terre for that Friday that we cannot change! If anyone has experienced booking with rewards points, you understand that sometimes, you have to take the flights that are available from the closest available airport! I was hoping to fly out of Genoa or Malpensa Airport, but Milan Linate was the closet available airport!
Option 1: Rent a car and drive to the airport (2 and a half hour drive. Unsure of the logistics of renting a car in La Spezia and returning at the Linate Airport on a Saturday)
Option 2: Train from Cinque Terre to Milan Center then bus from Milan Center to Linate Airport (almost 5 hours travel time)
Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 2 St Denis Cathedral
- 3 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 4 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 5 Praiano
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 8 Help please
- 9 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 10 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 11 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 12 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 13 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 14 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 15 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 16 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 17 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 18 Rome to venice
- 19 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 20 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 21 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 22 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Areas in Milan
- 25 Melia Colbert Paris
Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!