I am researching the quickest and most cost effective way to get from Cinque Terre to Linate Airport outside of Milan. Our flight leaves at 2:00 PM on a Saturday, and we have our room reservations in Cinque Terre for that Friday that we cannot change! If anyone has experienced booking with rewards points, you understand that sometimes, you have to take the flights that are available from the closest available airport! I was hoping to fly out of Genoa or Malpensa Airport, but Milan Linate was the closet available airport!
Option 1: Rent a car and drive to the airport (2 and a half hour drive. Unsure of the logistics of renting a car in La Spezia and returning at the Linate Airport on a Saturday)
Option 2: Train from Cinque Terre to Milan Center then bus from Milan Center to Linate Airport (almost 5 hours travel time)
Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 3 What fresh hell is this?
- 4 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 5 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 8 Berlin
- 9 Bordeaux to Nice
- 10 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 SE ITALY
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 16 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 17 One free day in Barcelona
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 20 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 25 Uber vs. TfL
Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!