My daughter will be taking a summer class that will finish in Granada, Spain. She will be free to depart on May 27th, and her flight is out of Madrid on May 28th at 12:30pm. In looking at Rail Europe, it appears that the only direct train from Granada to Madrid does not leave until 6 in the evening and does not arrive in Madrid until around 11pm. We are urban people, but I am not thrilled about her having to get from the train station to a hotel that time of night in a country where her command of the language is only mediocre. There are loads of trains at various times all day from Cordoba or Seville to Madrid; the question is how to get from Granada to one of those cities? The Rail Europe site shows only evening trains from Granada to those cities as well. Are there local trains? Do they need to be booked in advance? Thank you in advance for any ideas you may have.
Help with transit options in Spain
View all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 2 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 3 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 " Egyptian German friendship Home"FREE for all German people in Germany
- 7 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 8 7 days in Andalucia
- 9 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 10 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 11 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 12 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 13 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 14 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 15 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 16 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 17 rent car / Munich
- 18 Apartments in Rome
- 19 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 20 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 23 Madrid to Sevilla
- 24 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 25 A full week in The Netherlands