My daughter will be taking a summer class that will finish in Granada, Spain. She will be free to depart on May 27th, and her flight is out of Madrid on May 28th at 12:30pm. In looking at Rail Europe, it appears that the only direct train from Granada to Madrid does not leave until 6 in the evening and does not arrive in Madrid until around 11pm. We are urban people, but I am not thrilled about her having to get from the train station to a hotel that time of night in a country where her command of the language is only mediocre. There are loads of trains at various times all day from Cordoba or Seville to Madrid; the question is how to get from Granada to one of those cities? The Rail Europe site shows only evening trains from Granada to those cities as well. Are there local trains? Do they need to be booked in advance? Thank you in advance for any ideas you may have.
Help with transit options in Spain
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 2 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 3 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 4 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 5 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 6 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 9 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 10 Reims for a day
- 11 Lavender Fields
- 12 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 13 Munich
- 14 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 15 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 16 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 17 Toulouse and beyond -
- 18 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 19 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 20 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 21 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 22 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 23 museum passes in Rome
- 24 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 25 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!