We need the following train tickets for 6 people:
Sept. 16 - arrive from U.S.A. at 10:20 a.m. to Frankfurt Airport
Which train station do I use for a search for tickets departing from here to
Bad Kreuznach on the DB Bahn site? There are several for Frankfurt...which
is the International airport location? Is 12:30-ish a good departure time
considering pick up of luggage and getting through customs?
Is it easier/better to use the Rail Europe vs. DB Bahn even though they seem
much more expensive?
Sept. 18 - depart Bad Kreuznach by 7:00 a.m. to Cologne for a tour of the Cathedral and nearby area...stopover for 3-4 hours and continue to Berlin after lunch; arriving by 5:00 p.m. or so.
We'd like to sit together or near each other. Is 1st class really worth it? We don't need to use our cell phones or computers and don't care about food being served to us. Are seat reservations available in 2nd class?
We have definate travel dates, so point-to-point is our plan.
Anything I am leaving out in deciding these things?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 2 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 3 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 4 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 5 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 8 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 9 Praiano
- 10 Rouen Tour Companies
- 11 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 12 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 13 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 14 Ireland itinerary help please
- 15 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 16 Ronda Wine/biking
- 17 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Perugia
- 20 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 21 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 22 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 23 Areas in Milan
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan