I am fulfilling my dream of visiting Europe in June. I am now battling with the planning stages of my portion of time being spent in France.
We have up to 7 days in France before making our way over to Scotland and London.
So far we have three days planned for Paris and looking to venture off into the countryside a little bit before going over to Scotland. I am looking for the BEST place to gain this experience:
Stay on or walking distance to a vineyard. Be able to bike to a near by quaint, country esque village with some possibilities of restaurants and pubs and shopping, and one night cook an authentic French dinner with the inn keepers. So, kinda like Julia Roberts in Eat,Pray,Love but in France and not Italy.
Hoping to find a place within reasonable train distance so we dont spend a lot of time traveling to and from places. So far have narrowed it down in research to: Loire Valley- in specific Bourgueil or Chinon, Champagne, Beune Burgundy region or Colmar in Alsace.
ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! My head is bursting with so much research on where to go.
Dreaming of Europe!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 2 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 5 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 6 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 7 5 Days in Switzerland
- 8 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 9 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 10 Spain in July
- 11 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 12 International Flight Question
- 13 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 14 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 15 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 16 We're here!
- 17 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 18 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 19 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 20 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 21 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 24 Interesting places to visit
- 25 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!