I am fulfilling my dream of visiting Europe in June. I am now battling with the planning stages of my portion of time being spent in France.
We have up to 7 days in France before making our way over to Scotland and London.
So far we have three days planned for Paris and looking to venture off into the countryside a little bit before going over to Scotland. I am looking for the BEST place to gain this experience:
Stay on or walking distance to a vineyard. Be able to bike to a near by quaint, country esque village with some possibilities of restaurants and pubs and shopping, and one night cook an authentic French dinner with the inn keepers. So, kinda like Julia Roberts in Eat,Pray,Love but in France and not Italy.
Hoping to find a place within reasonable train distance so we dont spend a lot of time traveling to and from places. So far have narrowed it down in research to: Loire Valley- in specific Bourgueil or Chinon, Champagne, Beune Burgundy region or Colmar in Alsace.
ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! My head is bursting with so much research on where to go.
Dreaming of Europe!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 2 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 3 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 4 K-Day
- 5 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 6 ATM at airport
- 7 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 8 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 9 Flat in London
- 10 Lay over time
- 11 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 12 Sundays in Puglia
- 13 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 14 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 15 Greek Islands (small)
- 16 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 19 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 20 Spain in December
- 21 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 22 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 23 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 24 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 25 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe