I am fulfilling my dream of visiting Europe in June. I am now battling with the planning stages of my portion of time being spent in France.
We have up to 7 days in France before making our way over to Scotland and London.
So far we have three days planned for Paris and looking to venture off into the countryside a little bit before going over to Scotland. I am looking for the BEST place to gain this experience:
Stay on or walking distance to a vineyard. Be able to bike to a near by quaint, country esque village with some possibilities of restaurants and pubs and shopping, and one night cook an authentic French dinner with the inn keepers. So, kinda like Julia Roberts in Eat,Pray,Love but in France and not Italy.
Hoping to find a place within reasonable train distance so we dont spend a lot of time traveling to and from places. So far have narrowed it down in research to: Loire Valley- in specific Bourgueil or Chinon, Champagne, Beune Burgundy region or Colmar in Alsace.
ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! My head is bursting with so much research on where to go.
Dreaming of Europe!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 2 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 3 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 4 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 5 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 6 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 7 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 8 driving from ancona to rome
- 9 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 10 Croatia transportation question.
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 13 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 14 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 15 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 16 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 17 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 18 2017 Easter in Italy
- 19 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 20 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 21 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 22 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 23 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 24 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 25 Trip route from Paris to Venice