I am fulfilling my dream of visiting Europe in June. I am now battling with the planning stages of my portion of time being spent in France.
We have up to 7 days in France before making our way over to Scotland and London.
So far we have three days planned for Paris and looking to venture off into the countryside a little bit before going over to Scotland. I am looking for the BEST place to gain this experience:
Stay on or walking distance to a vineyard. Be able to bike to a near by quaint, country esque village with some possibilities of restaurants and pubs and shopping, and one night cook an authentic French dinner with the inn keepers. So, kinda like Julia Roberts in Eat,Pray,Love but in France and not Italy.
Hoping to find a place within reasonable train distance so we dont spend a lot of time traveling to and from places. So far have narrowed it down in research to: Loire Valley- in specific Bourgueil or Chinon, Champagne, Beune Burgundy region or Colmar in Alsace.
ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! My head is bursting with so much research on where to go.
Dreaming of Europe!!
Help with tough decision on where to go
- 1 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 2 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia
- 3 Which tour company would be best?
- 4 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 5 How Long For Santorini?
- 6 Best area for wine and which one?
- 7 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 8 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 9 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 10 Backpacking for the first time in 2014
- 11 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 12 Bavaria and Alpine Itinerary
- 13 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 14 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 15 Istanbul - Topkapi book recommendation?
- 16 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 17 Germany with 6 month old.
- 18 France by rail or car?
- 19 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 20 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 21 Driving Napflio/Mystras and Mystras/Olympia AND Private Guides
- 22 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 23 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 24 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 25 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG