I am fulfilling my dream of visiting Europe in June. I am now battling with the planning stages of my portion of time being spent in France.
We have up to 7 days in France before making our way over to Scotland and London.
So far we have three days planned for Paris and looking to venture off into the countryside a little bit before going over to Scotland. I am looking for the BEST place to gain this experience:
Stay on or walking distance to a vineyard. Be able to bike to a near by quaint, country esque village with some possibilities of restaurants and pubs and shopping, and one night cook an authentic French dinner with the inn keepers. So, kinda like Julia Roberts in Eat,Pray,Love but in France and not Italy.
Hoping to find a place within reasonable train distance so we dont spend a lot of time traveling to and from places. So far have narrowed it down in research to: Loire Valley- in specific Bourgueil or Chinon, Champagne, Beune Burgundy region or Colmar in Alsace.
ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! My head is bursting with so much research on where to go.
Dreaming of Europe!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://newsupplements2017.com/neurofuse-enhance/
- 2 Norway fjord
- 3 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 4 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 5 7 days in Greece
- 6 Italy
- 7 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 8 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 9 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 10 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 11 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 12 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 13 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 14 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 15 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 16 Praiana to Positano
- 17 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 18 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 19 Another Book List for Italy
- 20 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 21 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 22 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 23 3 weeks in Italy and France with 2 kids.
- 24 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 25 Venice