I am fulfilling my dream of visiting Europe in June. I am now battling with the planning stages of my portion of time being spent in France.
We have up to 7 days in France before making our way over to Scotland and London.
So far we have three days planned for Paris and looking to venture off into the countryside a little bit before going over to Scotland. I am looking for the BEST place to gain this experience:
Stay on or walking distance to a vineyard. Be able to bike to a near by quaint, country esque village with some possibilities of restaurants and pubs and shopping, and one night cook an authentic French dinner with the inn keepers. So, kinda like Julia Roberts in Eat,Pray,Love but in France and not Italy.
Hoping to find a place within reasonable train distance so we dont spend a lot of time traveling to and from places. So far have narrowed it down in research to: Loire Valley- in specific Bourgueil or Chinon, Champagne, Beune Burgundy region or Colmar in Alsace.
ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! My head is bursting with so much research on where to go.
Dreaming of Europe!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 2 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 3 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 4 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 5 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 6 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 7 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 8 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 9 Barcelona on budget
- 10 Advice for England and France travels?
- 11 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 12 please revew provence agenda
- 13 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany
- 14 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 15 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 16 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 17 Does anyone ever "meet the locals"?
- 18 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 19 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 20 Where to go in March??
- 21 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 22 Late June 2017 - Capri/Amalfi Coast vs Serengeti Safari
- 23 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 24 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 25 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split