I am fulfilling my dream of visiting Europe in June. I am now battling with the planning stages of my portion of time being spent in France.
We have up to 7 days in France before making our way over to Scotland and London.
So far we have three days planned for Paris and looking to venture off into the countryside a little bit before going over to Scotland. I am looking for the BEST place to gain this experience:
Stay on or walking distance to a vineyard. Be able to bike to a near by quaint, country esque village with some possibilities of restaurants and pubs and shopping, and one night cook an authentic French dinner with the inn keepers. So, kinda like Julia Roberts in Eat,Pray,Love but in France and not Italy.
Hoping to find a place within reasonable train distance so we dont spend a lot of time traveling to and from places. So far have narrowed it down in research to: Loire Valley- in specific Bourgueil or Chinon, Champagne, Beune Burgundy region or Colmar in Alsace.
ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! My head is bursting with so much research on where to go.
Dreaming of Europe!!
Help with tough decision on where to go
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 3 Greek islands from Turkey
- 4 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 7 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 8 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 9 Waltz performances in Stadtpark Vienna
- 10 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 11 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 12 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 13 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 14 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 15 Dresden Train Station
- 16 Italian Lakes gardens
- 17 More help with housing in Puglia
- 18 Spain - Andalucia
- 19 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 20 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 21 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 22 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 23 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 24 London for Christmas
- 25 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested