A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
help with special lunch in lake Como area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 2 Follow-up to my last question (U.S. citizen visiting Sweden next year)
- 3 Gdansk & Baltic in October
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 5 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 6 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 7 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 8 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 9 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 10 London hotel tax is 20%
- 11 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 12 Vienna to Gyor and Sopron in one day
- 13 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 14 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 15 Venice - boats on canals
- 16 Venice, just arrived
- 17 Car vs Train in Switzerland
- 18 Student Visa for Italy Questions
- 19 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 20 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 21 Ghent or Paris?
- 22 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 23 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 24 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 25 Greece Travel Planning for 2015