A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
help with special lunch in lake Como area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 2 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 3 International driving permit required in France?
- 4 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 5 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 6 Netherlands Delta Works
- 7 Passport Delays
- 8 Hotel in Rome?
- 9 Cotswolds village base
- 10 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 11 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 12 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 13 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 14 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 15 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 16 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 17 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 18 Wine tour from Verona?
- 19 May Trip to Germany and Switzerland - Munich and Lauterbrunnen - Hiking Included
- 20 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 21 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 22 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 23 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 24 A full week in The Netherlands
- 25 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)