A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
help with special lunch in lake Como area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 2 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 3 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 4 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 5 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 6 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 7 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 8 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 9 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 10 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 11 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 12 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 13 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 14 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 15 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 16 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 17 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 18 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 19 Food tours in Rome?
- 20 Rome Food Tour
- 21 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 22 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 23 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 24 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 25 Italy and Croatia