A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 days trip to Europe
- 2 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 3 Ravenna Mosaics
- 4 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 5 Cinque Terre trail closures?
- 6 Amsterdam, Germany
- 7 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 8 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 9 Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
- 10 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 11 European Travel in March
- 12 Scotland Highlands Help
- 13 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 14 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 15 Our time in Rome
- 16 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 17 Berlin, germany
- 18 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 19 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 20 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 21 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 22 Greece Itinerary
- 23 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 24 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 25 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?