A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
help with special lunch in lake Como area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airb2b in Paris
- 2 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 3 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 4 Venice tourist travel pass
- 5 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 6 4 days in Scotland
- 7 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 8 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 9 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 10 Need help for unforgettable trip in PARIS
- 11 Sicily - Piazza Armerina from Siracusa?
- 12 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 13 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 16 From Orly to hotel in 8th arrondisement
- 17 BAR; SEV; MAD - Apr/May Activity: Running, Tennis and concerts ...
- 18 malaga to madrid train ?
- 19 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 20 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 21 London - Bar or Club to hear Live Soul/R&B Music
- 22 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 23 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 24 Seaplane service
- 25 scotland trave;