A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
help with special lunch in lake Como area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London and Where Else in late December?
- 2 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 3 Small Group walking tour Switzerland
- 4 Andaluzia - where to stay in Seville and Malaga?
- 5 Istanbul Itinerary
- 6 Half Day tours with Alla Tour Company
- 7 Germany and Poland Itinerary - Would appreciate feedback
- 8 Bologna tips
- 9 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 10 Edinburgh - outings?
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Spain - Cadaques to Girona
- 13 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 14 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 15 What to wear
- 16 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 17 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 18 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 19 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 20 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 21 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 22 Madrid and London
- 23 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 24 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 25 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton