A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
help with special lunch in lake Como area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bike touring in France
- 2 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 3 Does this sound feasible?
- 4 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 5 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 6 Stay away from EF Tours
- 7 Madrid and London
- 8 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 9 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 10 Spain- Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park
- 11 Trip report Lofoten in Norway
- 12 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 13 Ireland driving vacation
- 14 I went to Paris in June
- 15 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 16 Norway -- Nutshell tour and Stavanger
- 17 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 18 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 19 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 20 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 21 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 22 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 23 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 24 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 25 I'm in a funk