A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One night in Amsterdam?
- 2 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 3 Barcelona Itinerary
- 4 Avignon: hotel l'europe or cloitre st louis and gordes
- 5 Jewelry in Bologna, Italy
- 6 Travel in England and Scotland
- 7 10 days in spain
- 8 Nice - nightlife / live music
- 9 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 10 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 11 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 12 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 13 Naples?
- 14 Where do I buy distilled water in Italy?
- 15 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 16 Outer Hebrides and north
- 17 Trying to figure out the Copenhagen metro
- 18 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 19 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 20 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 21 One day in Paris!
- 22 A plethora of islands
- 23 Lake Garda itinerary
- 24 Female solo traveler going to Barcelona by myself for 6 weeks?
- 25 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?