A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
help with special lunch in lake Como area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 2 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 3 11 day Swiss and Italy
- 4 Hotel in Istanbul
- 5 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 6 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 7 Mont St. Michele?
- 8 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 9 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 10 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 11 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 12 Our first trip to Europe
- 13 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 14 Best driving map for Greece?
- 15 Train from Monterosso to Padua
- 16 Help re: Driving from Venice Airport to Kobarid, Slovenia
- 17 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 18 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 19 Is there immigration/customs check between Edinburgh and London?
- 20 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 21 Paris Perfect Soap
- 22 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 23 Train tickets within Italy
- 24 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 25 What Happened to My Hairdryer? - An Electrical Question