A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 2 Budapest
- 3 First time in France
- 4 Planning stages of trip to Andalusia
- 5 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 6 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 7 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 8 Rome
- 9 Booking hotels before trains
- 10 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 11 What to expect over Christmas
- 12 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 13 English Countryside
- 14 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 15 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 16 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 17 Vienna or Budapest?
- 18 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 19 Munich
- 20 Need help in travel planning
- 21 Paris---baguette question???
- 22 Portugal itinerary help
- 23 Puglia or La Langhe
- 24 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 25 Revised post- cruise itinerary