A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
help with special lunch in lake Como area
- 1 Barcelona Transfers
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 4 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 5 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 6 Ireland in a week
- 7 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 8 Spain - Andalucia
- 9 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 10 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 11 TGV and Provence questions
- 12 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 13 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 14 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 15 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 16 2 Week European Itinerary
- 17 Chambermaid tipping
- 18 Channel Islands
- 19 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 20 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 21 Car in Prague
- 22 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 23 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 24 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?
- 25 Rome Accommodation