A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dan Dooley Car Rental in Ireland
- 2 Where to Buy Affordable Scarves in Paris
- 3 Hotel suggestions in Amsterdam
- 4 Distances in Paris
- 5 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 6 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 7 International driving permit required in France?
- 8 Portugal itinerary suggestions (with Marrakech tossed in)
- 9 Tips To Get Schengen Visa For Full 90 Days From Toronto For Indian Citizens
- 10 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 11 Need help with Europe itinerary
- 12 Dordogne Trip Report
- 13 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 14 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 15 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 16 My poppy arrived today!
- 17 Rental car in Italy
- 18 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 19 Europe Quiz # 106: Countries with Most Vegetarian Restaurants...
- 20 Southern Europe Trip for New Travelers
- 21 Euro Quiz # 106 - Countries Loving McDonalds the Most!
- 22 Venice : Trying not to overplan
- 23 Pompeii ~ book private in advance, or wait and use a guide @ Pompeii?
- 24 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 25 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?