A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
help with special lunch in lake Como area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 2 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 3 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 4 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 5 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 6 Scotland Votes "No"
- 7 Transports in Santorini
- 8 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 9 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 10 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 11 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 12 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 13 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 15 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 16 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 17 Best day trips from Paris
- 18 Santorini transportation
- 19 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 20 Gift for French business associate
- 21 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 22 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 23 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 24 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 25 Air France strike is extended until 26 September