A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stockholm Transport/ tours- Port Vartahamnen
- 2 France for a month in 2017
- 3 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 4 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 5 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 6 a few hours in Stockholm
- 7 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 8 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 9 Hallstatt to Salzburg- getting back transportation questions
- 10 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 11 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 12 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 13 Vuerling airlines
- 14 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 15 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 16 Stonehenge After Hour tour
- 17 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 18 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 19 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 20 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 21 Day trip from Marbella to the Alhambra
- 22 Chinese visit to France
- 23 15 days trip to Europe
- 24 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 25 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?