A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 This developed exclusive combo of clinically based
- 3 Flamenco Shows
- 4 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 5 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 6 Overnight Train Questions
- 7 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 8 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 9 Non Airport Location for Car Drop off locations for Madrid
- 10 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 11 Berlin>Dresden>Prague
- 12 What to see in Dresden...
- 13 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 14 Croatia in late April
- 15 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 16 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 17 Italy - best two central locations
- 18 2 month Itinerary Ideas (summer)
- 19 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 20 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 21 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 22 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 23 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 24 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 25 Tower of London for the "sensitive"