A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
help with special lunch in lake Como area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best beach town in Italy?
- 2 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 3 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 4 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 5 A Greek sojourn
- 6 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 7 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 8 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 9 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 10 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 11 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 12 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 13 Is Venice really dirty?
- 14 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 15 Weekend in Norfolk
- 16 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 17 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 18 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 19 Autumn in Paris
- 20 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 21 Burgundy in May
- 22 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 23 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 24 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 25 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia