A group of friends are planning a surprise day-trip for a friend that turns 40.
Our idea is to take an early morning flight to Milan and have lunch somewhere in the lake Como, as is one of his favourites places in Europe.
The ideal lunch spot is a place with views over the lake, maybe a restaurant with private dining rooms. We were thinking about going to a villa, if this could be possible, but we don't know our options. A villa hotel with a restaurant? I ask you for help.
We are a party of 7, arriving at Malpensa around 9.30am on a Saturday in November. From the airport to the lunch place we think of going by a kind of group transfer or minivan taxi.
After lunch, transfer to Milan and spend the afternoon there. Between 7pm and 8pm, bus transfer (already arranged) from Milano Centrale to the airport and back to Bcn.
So, as specific questions:
-can you suggest places in lake Como to have a lunch with a view and, preferred, some privacity? (Our budget is moderate, not looking for luxury nor a place that requires etiquette)
-what about the weather in the area in November?
-do you know/have experience with a private transfer company from Malpensa? (Alternatively, we thought about renting a minivan, but we just must do 2 transfers: airport-lake and lake-Milan.)
-Saturday afternoon in Milan, one of our thoughts was go together to a spa (it's a child-free trip) and relax for a couple of hours. I have read about this new Terme Milano. Do you know it? Are there hotels with day passes to theirs spas?
Thank you in anticipation!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mom's First Trip to Paris (2.5 days)
- 2 Alhambra
- 3 Trains from Granada
- 4 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 5 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 6 Driving from San Sebastian to La Rioja to Bilbao
- 7 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 8 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 9 3/4/ days South of France
- 10 Ten day tour of Assisi and Umbria during Candelmaggio
- 11 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 12 Florence and Rome
- 13 Need itinerary help for self-drive or tour from Cavan to N. Ireland
- 14 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 15 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 16 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 17 Switzerland Hotels
- 18 Bosch Parade
- 19 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 20 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 21 Do we stay in Montalcino or Chianti or Both?
- 22 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 23 Amalfi October 16-25
- 24 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 25 The Great Grotte Question: Clamouse or Demoiselles