I posted a thread a few months ago on needing some tips for travel to Spain and I'm back to ask for more! http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/where-should-i-go-in-spain-for-2-weeks-add-lisbon.cfm
I previously mentioned that we had two weeks only, but since I have a lot of extra vacation time, I've decided to head out earlier than my SO by about 5-7 days and go around on my own. Never traveled by myself before! This would give me 21 days total. 30 y.o. female, if that makes a difference.
I'm fairly certain my SO and I will do Barcelona-Madrid-southern Spain together. Question is where should I go on my own? Should I visit northern Spain? Should go down the eastern coast? Should I go to Lisbon?
I'm not opposed to any of flying, rail, or renting a car - just would like the most cost-effective, but also efficient means (maybe driving makes more sense for a bunch of day trips?). I'd also like to stay in the most cost-effective accommodations; might even prefer hostels to meet other travelers more easily!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 2 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
- 3 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 4 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 7 K-Day
- 8 ATM at airport
- 9 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 10 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 11 Flat in London
- 12 Lay over time
- 13 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 14 Sundays in Puglia
- 15 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 16 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 17 Greek Islands (small)
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 20 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 21 Spain in December
- 22 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 23 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 24 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 25 Day trips: which ones are must-do?