I posted a thread a few months ago on needing some tips for travel to Spain and I'm back to ask for more! http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/where-should-i-go-in-spain-for-2-weeks-add-lisbon.cfm
I previously mentioned that we had two weeks only, but since I have a lot of extra vacation time, I've decided to head out earlier than my SO by about 5-7 days and go around on my own. Never traveled by myself before! This would give me 21 days total. 30 y.o. female, if that makes a difference.
I'm fairly certain my SO and I will do Barcelona-Madrid-southern Spain together. Question is where should I go on my own? Should I visit northern Spain? Should go down the eastern coast? Should I go to Lisbon?
I'm not opposed to any of flying, rail, or renting a car - just would like the most cost-effective, but also efficient means (maybe driving makes more sense for a bunch of day trips?). I'd also like to stay in the most cost-effective accommodations; might even prefer hostels to meet other travelers more easily!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona
- 2 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 3 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 4 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 7 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 8 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 9 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 10 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 11 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 12 First time in London
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 Greek fuel cost
- 15 VRBO South Kensington
- 16 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 17 Vacation
- 18 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 19 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 20 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 21 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 22 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 23 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 24 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 25 Audio Walking Tour in London