We will arrive at Dublin airport 7:30ish on Sat. Aug. 31 from USA for a 15-day trip not including flight days. Will pick up car (automatic) and head north. Ideally we'd like to stop in Newgrange for a couple of hours and then spend our first night in the Ballycastle area. Checking various sites, though, it appears that it will take about 4 hours from Dublin airport to Ballycastle (we will bypass Belfast). Is that reasonable? (I'm thinking we could run out of steam by mid afternoon.) Would it make more sense if we spent our first night in Newgrange, Carlingford or Portaferry? If so, which town would you suggest? Thank you, and I will be back with more questions as I develop our itinerary (which will probably wind up in the SW and then hopefully up to Shannon airport).
Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus Tours in Scotland???
- 2 London neighborhood suggestions
- 3 Cheapest, easiest way to get from Ljubljana to Zurich?
- 4 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 5 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 6 Restaurants in Spain
- 7 big family in Ireland
- 8 UK for 10 days with 9 and 13 year old
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Touring Dover Castle
- 11 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 12 Ireland itinerary
- 13 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 16 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 17 Cell phones in Ireland
- 18 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 19 7 Nights in Paris
- 20 Santorini transportation
- 21 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 22 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 23 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 24 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 25 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?