We will arrive at Dublin airport 7:30ish on Sat. Aug. 31 from USA for a 15-day trip not including flight days. Will pick up car (automatic) and head north. Ideally we'd like to stop in Newgrange for a couple of hours and then spend our first night in the Ballycastle area. Checking various sites, though, it appears that it will take about 4 hours from Dublin airport to Ballycastle (we will bypass Belfast). Is that reasonable? (I'm thinking we could run out of steam by mid afternoon.) Would it make more sense if we spent our first night in Newgrange, Carlingford or Portaferry? If so, which town would you suggest? Thank you, and I will be back with more questions as I develop our itinerary (which will probably wind up in the SW and then hopefully up to Shannon airport).
Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 2 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 3 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 4 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 5 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 6 How long in Venice?
- 7 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 8 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 9 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 10 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 11 Getting cash in Spain
- 12 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 13 Cotswolds village base
- 14 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 15 First Time Going to Europe
- 16 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 17 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 18 Traveling mid-august in UK and Ireland
- 19 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 20 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 21 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 22 International driving permit required in France?
- 23 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 24 Hotel in Rome?
- 25 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt