We will arrive at Dublin airport 7:30ish on Sat. Aug. 31 from USA for a 15-day trip not including flight days. Will pick up car (automatic) and head north. Ideally we'd like to stop in Newgrange for a couple of hours and then spend our first night in the Ballycastle area. Checking various sites, though, it appears that it will take about 4 hours from Dublin airport to Ballycastle (we will bypass Belfast). Is that reasonable? (I'm thinking we could run out of steam by mid afternoon.) Would it make more sense if we spent our first night in Newgrange, Carlingford or Portaferry? If so, which town would you suggest? Thank you, and I will be back with more questions as I develop our itinerary (which will probably wind up in the SW and then hopefully up to Shannon airport).
Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buy real and fake Passport ,Visa,Driving License,ID etc
- 2 one last portugal car rental question
- 3 Venice
- 4 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 5 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 6 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 7 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 8 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 9 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 10 A drive in Europe
- 11 Romantic Venice Resturants with View
- 12 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 13 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 14 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 15 Hotel in Venice
- 16 Day trip on the Rhine
- 17 Avignon to London?
- 18 Swiss rail passes
- 19 Day trips
- 20 Europe in 21 days
- 21 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 22 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 23 Day trip from London to Paris
- 24 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 25 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe