We will arrive at Dublin airport 7:30ish on Sat. Aug. 31 from USA for a 15-day trip not including flight days. Will pick up car (automatic) and head north. Ideally we'd like to stop in Newgrange for a couple of hours and then spend our first night in the Ballycastle area. Checking various sites, though, it appears that it will take about 4 hours from Dublin airport to Ballycastle (we will bypass Belfast). Is that reasonable? (I'm thinking we could run out of steam by mid afternoon.) Would it make more sense if we spent our first night in Newgrange, Carlingford or Portaferry? If so, which town would you suggest? Thank you, and I will be back with more questions as I develop our itinerary (which will probably wind up in the SW and then hopefully up to Shannon airport).
Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Nuremberg Christkindlsmarkt Opening 2013
- 2 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 5 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1
- 6 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 7 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 8 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 9 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 10 Place to propose
- 11 Portugal in September
- 12 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 13 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 14 Prague to Dresen on the train
- 15 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 16 Can someone tell me about the area around Castelfiorentino?
- 17 Need help deciding - Italy or Spain in winter
- 18 Budapest Vienna Munich - March 2014
- 19 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 20 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 21 An Solo Ameircan in Paris
- 22 Itinerary Questions
- 23 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 24 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 25 Train travel in Europe