I am hoping to get some feedback on my first draft itinerary please.
My wife and I (both in our late fifties) will fly into EDI on Fri. Sept 2nd and fly out of GLA Sept 18th.
Our plans are....
- 4 nights in Edinburgh with one day as a day trip to St Andrews.
- Day 5, pickup rental car at airport and stay that night in Kirkcudbright ( my wife's castle)
passing through Wanlockhead and Leadhills ( I lived there for as a wee boy)
- Day 6 head to Luss for an overnight stop. with a stop in Ayr along the way.
- Day 7 head for a 2 night stay in Oban. Passing through Inveraray....
- Day 9 leave Oban for Portree via bridge for 4 nights.
- Day 13 leave Portree for overnight stay in Glencoe ( via Ferry?? not sure of this yet, we
may go back over the bridge)
- Day 14 head to GLA to return car and head to Glasgow for our remaining 3 nights.
Does this seem feasible?
Trying to keep the long drives to a minimum, I know the drive from Oban to Portree will be long.
Please give me your thoughts, it would be much appreciated.
Sorry if it is a little long.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 5 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 6 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 7 Which Train Station in Venice
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 10 Uber vs. TfL
- 11 What fresh hell is this?
- 12 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 13 Greek Village
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Bordeaux to Nice
- 16 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 17 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 18 SE ITALY
- 19 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 One free day in Barcelona
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 24 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more