I am hoping to get some feedback on my first draft itinerary please.
My wife and I (both in our late fifties) will fly into EDI on Fri. Sept 2nd and fly out of GLA Sept 18th.
Our plans are....
- 4 nights in Edinburgh with one day as a day trip to St Andrews.
- Day 5, pickup rental car at airport and stay that night in Kirkcudbright ( my wife's castle)
passing through Wanlockhead and Leadhills ( I lived there for as a wee boy)
- Day 6 head to Luss for an overnight stop. with a stop in Ayr along the way.
- Day 7 head for a 2 night stay in Oban. Passing through Inveraray....
- Day 9 leave Oban for Portree via bridge for 4 nights.
- Day 13 leave Portree for overnight stay in Glencoe ( via Ferry?? not sure of this yet, we
may go back over the bridge)
- Day 14 head to GLA to return car and head to Glasgow for our remaining 3 nights.
Does this seem feasible?
Trying to keep the long drives to a minimum, I know the drive from Oban to Portree will be long.
Please give me your thoughts, it would be much appreciated.
Sorry if it is a little long.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 2 We're here!
- 3 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 6 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 7 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 8 Swiss Travel Pass
- 9 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 12 Athens
- 13 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 14 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 17 Petrol in Greece
- 18 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 19 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 20 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 21 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 22 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 23 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 24 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 25 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out