We had planned to go a couple of years ago and it fell through and I'm making another attempt for next summer. At this time it appears it will only be myself and my daughter, who will be 14 during the proposed dates. We live on the east coast of the U.S. so there will be some jet lag.
I plan to book a 6/1-6/8 W. Mediterranean cruise, but fly into Rome early to see the sites. I've read we should schedule some recovery for the time change, and then see what we can before our cruise departs. Assuming we fly back the same day the cruise ends, the earliest my work schedule would allow me to leave would be 5/24.
I've read other articles that it doesn't take more than a day or two to see Rome. So I'm wondering what else may be practical during that time window. I had thoughts of day trips from Rome to other areas of Italy via train, or perhaps stopping in London or Paris for a couple of days and then flying on to Rome. The only cruise other cruise port we would stop at in Italy would be Genoa.
Or perhaps that would be too hectic for us. The last time I looked at lodging in London or Paris I couldn't find anything reasonable for the short time we'd be in the area.
Any suggestions are appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 황금성 온라인게임 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 2 카지노잘하는법＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼생중계바카라⊂바카라사이트추천
- 3 중국카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼바카라사이트×안전공원
- 4 Hotels in Turin
- 5 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 6 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Trogir or Split
- 9 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 10 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 11 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 12 Istria in two days
- 13 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 14 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 15 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 16 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 17 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 18 Scotland itinerary help
- 19 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 20 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 21 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 22 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 23 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 24 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 25 Info for Edinburgh visit