I will be in Italy in May and will rent a car for the Umbrian portion of the trip. I plan to drive it to Florence and turn the car in there. After our stay in Florence we will take the train to Rome for departure home. I am aware of the dreaded ZTL zones and want ot avoid them at all cost. My thought is to return the car at the Florence airport and taxi to our hotel (near the duomo) from there. Does anybody have a better idea?
help with rental car return in florence
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 2 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 3 Traveling within Italy
- 4 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 5 London for Christmas
- 6 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 7 To Paris and Provence in June
- 8 Florence in October
- 9 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 10 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 11 first european holiday itinery
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 13 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 16 7 days in Andalucia
- 17 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 18 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 London at Easter
- 21 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 22 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 23 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 24 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 25 Advice on relocating to Italy?