I will be traveling with a friend at the end of June and we're working out the details of our itinerary. Any help is appreciated. Some background-So far, the details are as follows: We're landing in Nice on a Tuesday morning. Between Tuesday and Sunday, we will be staying in the south exploring the area-main places I would like to visit are Eze, Cap D'antibes, and my friend would like to see Monaco. Over the weekend we will either stay in Cannes or Nice (haven't yet decided) we will then head to Provence on Sunday and fly out of Lyon on Thursday. Here are my questions:
1. what town/village is a nice option to stay in (before cannes/nice) from tues night-thursday night.
2. Cannes vs. Nice as base for the weekend?
3. Must see places besides those named above?
4. In Provence-any recommendations for a base? I was thinking St. Remy or Aix en Provence
5. Any opinions on must sees in Provence?
6. May spend the last couple of days in Lyon/Rhone Valley, any recommendations of areas to stay in outside of Lyon but with access to the city?
7. Finally (sorry!) opinions on car rentals, and if there are any parts of this trip where i absolutely should or should not have a car?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 2 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Revised itinerary for italy
- 5 Amalfi Coast help
- 6 Paris Metro
- 7 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 8 A good book!!
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 15 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 16 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 17 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 18 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 19 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 20 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 21 If you had to choose one......
- 22 CDG airport and connection time
- 23 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 24 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 25 Road Trip From Frankfurt