I hope someone can help as I am clueless and chances are I might get some help.
I will be taking a cruise in August (2013) starting in Amsterdam. I will be traveling by myself with my 21 month old baby girl. My husband does not like traveling and I'm "addicted" to traveling.
I have never visit Amsterdam before and I've heard is beautiful. I need to know what is the best/ safest area / hotel to stay at. It will be happy to stay at least a 4 star hotel. Also, how long should I stay? Im looking at least 3 days not including the day I get there and the day I get onboard the cruise.
One last thing, I am a chef.... any restaurant recommendations???
Thanks to all of you who take the time to answer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 2 What tips can you give about packing?
- 3 Prague
- 4 Sim Card Options
- 5 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 6 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 7 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 8 Azores
- 9 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 10 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 11 2 Months in Sicily
- 12 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 13 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 14 Sundays in Puglia
- 15 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 16 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 17 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 18 Greek Islands (small)
- 19 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 20 Scotland in 7 Days
- 21 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 22 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 23 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 24 Cascais or Algarve?
- 25 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?