I hope someone can help as I am clueless and chances are I might get some help.
I will be taking a cruise in August (2013) starting in Amsterdam. I will be traveling by myself with my 21 month old baby girl. My husband does not like traveling and I'm "addicted" to traveling.
I have never visit Amsterdam before and I've heard is beautiful. I need to know what is the best/ safest area / hotel to stay at. It will be happy to stay at least a 4 star hotel. Also, how long should I stay? Im looking at least 3 days not including the day I get there and the day I get onboard the cruise.
One last thing, I am a chef.... any restaurant recommendations???
Thanks to all of you who take the time to answer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 2 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 3 cell phone companys
- 4 Tuscany Villa rental family of 8/10
- 5 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 6 Beaches in Southern France
- 7 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 8 Guides - Matera
- 9 Open mindedness on Fodors.
- 10 Meeting place into Venice Marco Polo Airport
- 11 Spain Itinerary Help
- 12 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 13 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 14 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 15 French lavender and cottages
- 16 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 17 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 18 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 19 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 20 Barcelona completely overrated
- 21 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 22 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 23 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 24 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 25 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello