I think we have finally decided to narrow down the places we want to go. My husband & I & 2 more couples( in our 50's) are going to a wedding in July in Provence. We decided to base ourselves in Marseilles and do day trips in Provence(4 days) after the wedding . Any suggestions on places where we can take the train from Marseilles & do day trips?
From Marseilles, we are flying to Bilbao & eventually stay in San Sebastián . (3-4 days) & take the train to Madrid & base ourselves there ( 4 days) before we fly back to the US.
What day trips do you recommend if we base ourselves in Madrid?
Any suggestions, tips will be gladly appreciated.
Thank you once again.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 2 Spain: train/rental car help
- 3 Budapest Card
- 4 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 5 UK in May and June
- 6 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 7 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 8 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 9 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 10 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 11 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 12 Bath/Cotswolds
- 13 Shorts in South of France?
- 14 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 15 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 16 Globus Iberian Tour
- 17 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 18 base for Andalucia
- 19 Italy travel plan help
- 20 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 21 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 22 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 23 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 24 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 25 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport