I think we have finally decided to narrow down the places we want to go. My husband & I & 2 more couples( in our 50's) are going to a wedding in July in Provence. We decided to base ourselves in Marseilles and do day trips in Provence(4 days) after the wedding . Any suggestions on places where we can take the train from Marseilles & do day trips?
From Marseilles, we are flying to Bilbao & eventually stay in San Sebastián . (3-4 days) & take the train to Madrid & base ourselves there ( 4 days) before we fly back to the US.
What day trips do you recommend if we base ourselves in Madrid?
Any suggestions, tips will be gladly appreciated.
Thank you once again.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Driving through Paris
- 13 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 14 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Frankfurt to UK
- 21 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 22 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 25 Electrical Power Conversion