I'm a first time solo female traveller, and am leaving right after grad, so late May / early June 2014, and staying for just over 3 weeks. I was hoping to get some advice on my trip. I have a lot of things semi-booked, but I am at a crossroads, and since these forums have been so helpful, I thought I would make my own post. Any advice / help is greatly appreciated - thank you in advance!!!
So I am thinking of a few different variations of my itinerary, and was hoping people might be able to tell me what is best! Unfortunately, I have to fly in and out of London. Just a few things about me: I've never been to Europe before, nor I have travelled solo before (so a bit nervous about this!) , I'm 26, a quasi-foodie, love urban areas, shopping, culture (i.e. history, etc), and the beach. I don't mind being in a bit of a rush, I'm pretty high energy (just finished grad school!), but I do want to have time to enjoy the experience.
Lastly, if there is another variation that would work better, please suggest it. I want to see London, Paris, Rome, Florence, and Barcelona for sure - it's just filling in the other spots that is tricky - I really wanted to get in some good beach time (hence thinking of Greece) too. In total I have 22 nights.
Version # 1
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Athens for 2 nights, Mykonos for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 2
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Sorrento for 2 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Madrid or Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 3
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Nice for 2 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
Help with planning my May-June 2014 itinerary? Much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 2 5 Observations About Paris
- 3 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 4 Budget family trip to Europe
- 5 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 6 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 7 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 8 Berlin
- 9 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 10 Airport ATMs
- 11 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 12 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 13 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 14 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 15 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 16 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 17 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 18 Dordogne & Lot Day Hiking
- 19 By train to and out of Prague
- 20 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 21 history museums or locations
- 22 Scuol, Switzerland
- 23 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 24 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 25 Side trip from Chamonix in January