I'm a first time solo female traveller, and am leaving right after grad, so late May / early June 2014, and staying for just over 3 weeks. I was hoping to get some advice on my trip. I have a lot of things semi-booked, but I am at a crossroads, and since these forums have been so helpful, I thought I would make my own post. Any advice / help is greatly appreciated - thank you in advance!!!
So I am thinking of a few different variations of my itinerary, and was hoping people might be able to tell me what is best! Unfortunately, I have to fly in and out of London. Just a few things about me: I've never been to Europe before, nor I have travelled solo before (so a bit nervous about this!) , I'm 26, a quasi-foodie, love urban areas, shopping, culture (i.e. history, etc), and the beach. I don't mind being in a bit of a rush, I'm pretty high energy (just finished grad school!), but I do want to have time to enjoy the experience.
Lastly, if there is another variation that would work better, please suggest it. I want to see London, Paris, Rome, Florence, and Barcelona for sure - it's just filling in the other spots that is tricky - I really wanted to get in some good beach time (hence thinking of Greece) too. In total I have 22 nights.
Version # 1
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Athens for 2 nights, Mykonos for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 2
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Sorrento for 2 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Madrid or Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 3
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Nice for 2 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin -clubs
- 2 Europe First Timers
- 3 Athens Help
- 4 Berlin
- 5 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 6 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 7 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 8 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 9 base in brussels
- 10 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 13 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 14 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 15 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 16 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 17 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 Uber vs. TfL
- 21 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 22 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 23 Alitala
- 24 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 25 celticmoon, a quick question
Help with planning my May-June 2014 itinerary? Much appreciated!