I'm a first time solo female traveller, and am leaving right after grad, so late May / early June 2014, and staying for just over 3 weeks. I was hoping to get some advice on my trip. I have a lot of things semi-booked, but I am at a crossroads, and since these forums have been so helpful, I thought I would make my own post. Any advice / help is greatly appreciated - thank you in advance!!!
So I am thinking of a few different variations of my itinerary, and was hoping people might be able to tell me what is best! Unfortunately, I have to fly in and out of London. Just a few things about me: I've never been to Europe before, nor I have travelled solo before (so a bit nervous about this!) , I'm 26, a quasi-foodie, love urban areas, shopping, culture (i.e. history, etc), and the beach. I don't mind being in a bit of a rush, I'm pretty high energy (just finished grad school!), but I do want to have time to enjoy the experience.
Lastly, if there is another variation that would work better, please suggest it. I want to see London, Paris, Rome, Florence, and Barcelona for sure - it's just filling in the other spots that is tricky - I really wanted to get in some good beach time (hence thinking of Greece) too. In total I have 22 nights.
Version # 1
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Athens for 2 nights, Mykonos for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 2
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Sorrento for 2 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Madrid or Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 3
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Nice for 2 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 2 We're here!
- 3 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 4 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 5 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 6 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 7 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 8 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 9 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 10 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 11 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 12 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 13 Escargots in Paris
- 14 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 15 Acropolis Athens
- 16 Vacation in Great Britain
- 17 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 18 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 19 Interesting places to visit
- 20 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 21 Trip Ideas
- 22 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 23 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June
- 24 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 25 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
Help with planning my May-June 2014 itinerary? Much appreciated!