I'm a first time solo female traveller, and am leaving right after grad, so late May / early June 2014, and staying for just over 3 weeks. I was hoping to get some advice on my trip. I have a lot of things semi-booked, but I am at a crossroads, and since these forums have been so helpful, I thought I would make my own post. Any advice / help is greatly appreciated - thank you in advance!!!
So I am thinking of a few different variations of my itinerary, and was hoping people might be able to tell me what is best! Unfortunately, I have to fly in and out of London. Just a few things about me: I've never been to Europe before, nor I have travelled solo before (so a bit nervous about this!) , I'm 26, a quasi-foodie, love urban areas, shopping, culture (i.e. history, etc), and the beach. I don't mind being in a bit of a rush, I'm pretty high energy (just finished grad school!), but I do want to have time to enjoy the experience.
Lastly, if there is another variation that would work better, please suggest it. I want to see London, Paris, Rome, Florence, and Barcelona for sure - it's just filling in the other spots that is tricky - I really wanted to get in some good beach time (hence thinking of Greece) too. In total I have 22 nights.
Version # 1
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Athens for 2 nights, Mykonos for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 2
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Sorrento for 2 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Madrid or Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 3
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Nice for 2 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report European honeymoon
- 2 The Great Grotte Question: Clamouse or Demoiselles
- 3 Ireland-3 Weeks, 3 Bases
- 4 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 5 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 6 Sentimental Journey
- 7 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 8 Need advice on Greek islands
- 9 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 10 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 11 Paris to the Past, by Ina Caro
- 12 Where can I buy a gounded plug adapter for Switzerland?
- 13 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 14 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 15 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 16 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 17 Florence and Rome
- 18 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 19 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 20 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 21 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 22 Netflix and Hulu
- 23 Best route Stratford to Chatsworth House
- 24 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 25 Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest which to choose?
Help with planning my May-June 2014 itinerary? Much appreciated!