I'm a first time solo female traveller, and am leaving right after grad, so late May / early June 2014, and staying for just over 3 weeks. I was hoping to get some advice on my trip. I have a lot of things semi-booked, but I am at a crossroads, and since these forums have been so helpful, I thought I would make my own post. Any advice / help is greatly appreciated - thank you in advance!!!
So I am thinking of a few different variations of my itinerary, and was hoping people might be able to tell me what is best! Unfortunately, I have to fly in and out of London. Just a few things about me: I've never been to Europe before, nor I have travelled solo before (so a bit nervous about this!) , I'm 26, a quasi-foodie, love urban areas, shopping, culture (i.e. history, etc), and the beach. I don't mind being in a bit of a rush, I'm pretty high energy (just finished grad school!), but I do want to have time to enjoy the experience.
Lastly, if there is another variation that would work better, please suggest it. I want to see London, Paris, Rome, Florence, and Barcelona for sure - it's just filling in the other spots that is tricky - I really wanted to get in some good beach time (hence thinking of Greece) too. In total I have 22 nights.
Version # 1
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Athens for 2 nights, Mykonos for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 2
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Sorrento for 2 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Madrid or Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 3
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Nice for 2 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 2 Andalucia Spain
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Language to use in Belgium
- 5 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 6 Cab cost from Tegel/ Germany/ to Charlottenstrasse
- 7 Getting around London
- 8 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 9 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 10 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 11 Train travel to and from Paris
- 12 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 13 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 14 Schengen question....confirmation needed
- 15 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 16 Traveling in Belgium
- 17 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 18 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 19 Whistle stop family road trip
- 20 Ischia-Thermal Pools
- 21 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 22 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 23 Cascais Day Trip - Sunday or Monday?
- 24 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 25 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
Help with planning my May-June 2014 itinerary? Much appreciated!