I'm a first time solo female traveller, and am leaving right after grad, so late May / early June 2014, and staying for just over 3 weeks. I was hoping to get some advice on my trip. I have a lot of things semi-booked, but I am at a crossroads, and since these forums have been so helpful, I thought I would make my own post. Any advice / help is greatly appreciated - thank you in advance!!!
So I am thinking of a few different variations of my itinerary, and was hoping people might be able to tell me what is best! Unfortunately, I have to fly in and out of London. Just a few things about me: I've never been to Europe before, nor I have travelled solo before (so a bit nervous about this!) , I'm 26, a quasi-foodie, love urban areas, shopping, culture (i.e. history, etc), and the beach. I don't mind being in a bit of a rush, I'm pretty high energy (just finished grad school!), but I do want to have time to enjoy the experience.
Lastly, if there is another variation that would work better, please suggest it. I want to see London, Paris, Rome, Florence, and Barcelona for sure - it's just filling in the other spots that is tricky - I really wanted to get in some good beach time (hence thinking of Greece) too. In total I have 22 nights.
Version # 1
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Athens for 2 nights, Mykonos for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 2
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Sorrento for 2 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Madrid or Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 3
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Nice for 2 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chania
- 2 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 3 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 4 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 7 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 9 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 10 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 11 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 12 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 13 Hotels in Turin
- 14 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 15 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 16 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 17 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 18 3 days solo in London
- 19 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 20 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 21 Help on ancient history route
- 22 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 23 Now to Madrid
- 24 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 25 Trip Report: The last hurrah? A fortnight in Lake Como
Help with planning my May-June 2014 itinerary? Much appreciated!