I'm a first time solo female traveller, and am leaving right after grad, so late May / early June 2014, and staying for just over 3 weeks. I was hoping to get some advice on my trip. I have a lot of things semi-booked, but I am at a crossroads, and since these forums have been so helpful, I thought I would make my own post. Any advice / help is greatly appreciated - thank you in advance!!!
So I am thinking of a few different variations of my itinerary, and was hoping people might be able to tell me what is best! Unfortunately, I have to fly in and out of London. Just a few things about me: I've never been to Europe before, nor I have travelled solo before (so a bit nervous about this!) , I'm 26, a quasi-foodie, love urban areas, shopping, culture (i.e. history, etc), and the beach. I don't mind being in a bit of a rush, I'm pretty high energy (just finished grad school!), but I do want to have time to enjoy the experience.
Lastly, if there is another variation that would work better, please suggest it. I want to see London, Paris, Rome, Florence, and Barcelona for sure - it's just filling in the other spots that is tricky - I really wanted to get in some good beach time (hence thinking of Greece) too. In total I have 22 nights.
Version # 1
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Athens for 2 nights, Mykonos for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 2
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Sorrento for 2 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Madrid or Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 3
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Nice for 2 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona completely overrated
- 2 Scooter hire in Sorrento/Amalfi...
- 3 26 days in Italy
- 4 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 5 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 6 Family holidays in Italy
- 7 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 8 http://www.crevalorsite.com/xplosive-vital-reviews/
- 9 5 Days in Dublin
- 10 Capri, Pompeii, Amalfi in 3 days with Naples as base...
- 11 How to Work Mastique Age-Defying ?
- 12 Trimplex Elite Makes You Young Looking and slim Once again!
- 13 tablet
- 14 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 15 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 16 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 17 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 18 Prague old town
- 19 Rome Airport Question!
- 20 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 21 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 22 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 23 Car rental between countries
- 24 Holland Itinerary
- 25 Train Ticket Help
Help with planning my May-June 2014 itinerary? Much appreciated!