I'm a first time solo female traveller, and am leaving right after grad, so late May / early June 2014, and staying for just over 3 weeks. I was hoping to get some advice on my trip. I have a lot of things semi-booked, but I am at a crossroads, and since these forums have been so helpful, I thought I would make my own post. Any advice / help is greatly appreciated - thank you in advance!!!
So I am thinking of a few different variations of my itinerary, and was hoping people might be able to tell me what is best! Unfortunately, I have to fly in and out of London. Just a few things about me: I've never been to Europe before, nor I have travelled solo before (so a bit nervous about this!) , I'm 26, a quasi-foodie, love urban areas, shopping, culture (i.e. history, etc), and the beach. I don't mind being in a bit of a rush, I'm pretty high energy (just finished grad school!), but I do want to have time to enjoy the experience.
Lastly, if there is another variation that would work better, please suggest it. I want to see London, Paris, Rome, Florence, and Barcelona for sure - it's just filling in the other spots that is tricky - I really wanted to get in some good beach time (hence thinking of Greece) too. In total I have 22 nights.
Version # 1
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Athens for 2 nights, Mykonos for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 2
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Sorrento for 2 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Madrid or Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 3
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Nice for 2 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 2 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 3 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 4 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 5 France to stop making foie grois
- 6 Munich Under Attack...
- 7 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 8 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 9 Greece Itinerary
- 10 15 days in Sep 2016: Itinerary help pls
- 11 Prague on a budget...
- 12 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 13 Eurail or Swiss Pass in Switzerland
- 14 Have the terrorist attacks changed where you go & how you travel?
- 15 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 16 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 17 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 18 First trip - destination advice!
- 19 How big backpack do I need?
- 20 Driving in Portual/Spain
- 21 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 22 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 23 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 24 Stonehenge and Bath
- 25 Homeaway/Owners Direct New contract
Help with planning my May-June 2014 itinerary? Much appreciated!