I'm a first time solo female traveller, and am leaving right after grad, so late May / early June 2014, and staying for just over 3 weeks. I was hoping to get some advice on my trip. I have a lot of things semi-booked, but I am at a crossroads, and since these forums have been so helpful, I thought I would make my own post. Any advice / help is greatly appreciated - thank you in advance!!!
So I am thinking of a few different variations of my itinerary, and was hoping people might be able to tell me what is best! Unfortunately, I have to fly in and out of London. Just a few things about me: I've never been to Europe before, nor I have travelled solo before (so a bit nervous about this!) , I'm 26, a quasi-foodie, love urban areas, shopping, culture (i.e. history, etc), and the beach. I don't mind being in a bit of a rush, I'm pretty high energy (just finished grad school!), but I do want to have time to enjoy the experience.
Lastly, if there is another variation that would work better, please suggest it. I want to see London, Paris, Rome, Florence, and Barcelona for sure - it's just filling in the other spots that is tricky - I really wanted to get in some good beach time (hence thinking of Greece) too. In total I have 22 nights.
Version # 1
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Athens for 2 nights, Mykonos for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 2
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Sorrento for 2 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Madrid or Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 3
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Nice for 2 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 3 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 6 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 7 Private Guide in Lyon
- 8 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 9 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 10 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 11 base for Andalucia
- 12 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 13 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 14 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 15 barcelona neighborhood
- 16 Regarding Residence Permit
- 17 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 18 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 19 Tracking the Weather
- 20 Les Invalides Night Show
- 21 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 22 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 23 Which Day?
- 24 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 25 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
Help with planning my May-June 2014 itinerary? Much appreciated!