I'm a first time solo female traveller, and am leaving right after grad, so late May / early June 2014, and staying for just over 3 weeks. I was hoping to get some advice on my trip. I have a lot of things semi-booked, but I am at a crossroads, and since these forums have been so helpful, I thought I would make my own post. Any advice / help is greatly appreciated - thank you in advance!!!
So I am thinking of a few different variations of my itinerary, and was hoping people might be able to tell me what is best! Unfortunately, I have to fly in and out of London. Just a few things about me: I've never been to Europe before, nor I have travelled solo before (so a bit nervous about this!) , I'm 26, a quasi-foodie, love urban areas, shopping, culture (i.e. history, etc), and the beach. I don't mind being in a bit of a rush, I'm pretty high energy (just finished grad school!), but I do want to have time to enjoy the experience.
Lastly, if there is another variation that would work better, please suggest it. I want to see London, Paris, Rome, Florence, and Barcelona for sure - it's just filling in the other spots that is tricky - I really wanted to get in some good beach time (hence thinking of Greece) too. In total I have 22 nights.
Version # 1
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Athens for 2 nights, Mykonos for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 2
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Sorrento for 2 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Madrid or Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, London for 2 nights.
Version # 3
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Venice for 2 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
London for 1 night, Paris for 4 nights, Nice for 2 nights, Rome for 4 nights, Florence for 4 nights, Barcelona for 3 nights, Madrid for 2 nights, London for 2 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 2 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 3 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 4 http://seremolynbuy.com/electra-hair-straightening-brush/
- 5 A overweight and the average person would not gain a whopping
- 6 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 7 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 8 Train Help
- 9 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 10 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 11 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 12 Austria
- 13 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 14 Salento penninsula
- 15 Train rides
- 16 What about Basque Country?
- 17 Bursa/Iznik
- 18 Paris dinner cruises...best of the best if there is such a thing
- 19 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 20 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 21 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 22 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 23 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 24 Charles Degaulle question
- 25 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
Help with planning my May-June 2014 itinerary? Much appreciated!