My 25-year-old niece is working outside of Helsinki for the year. I would like to visit her, and while I am close, also visit some friends in Stockholm and Oslo. I will be coming from NYC, and unfortunately will only have seven nights to work with (excluding travel time). Which airport would you recommend flying in and out of, and what affordable transportation goes between the cities? And lastly, is it just too much to try and see all three in that short amount of time? I realize the real beauty of the countries may lie outside of the big cities, but I really want to see as many friends as I can while I am out there. Many thanks in advance!
Help with planning a short trip to Helsinki/Stockholm/Oslo
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Train
- 2 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 3 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 4 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 5 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 6 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 7 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 8 Trip around Spain
- 9 Spain - Andalucia
- 10 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 11 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 12 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 13 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 14 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 15 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 16 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 17 One more last question on Bayeux
- 18 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 19 Medieval Tallinn
- 20 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 21 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 22 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 23 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 Italian language schools