So I just returned from the Louvre to my hotel via the metro, and I was stopped at the station and given a €63 fine for not having a valid ticket! Except I bought my ticket from the machine in the station, stuck it in the machine to get through the gate, and gave it to the guy when he asked to see it. What more can I do? He still says it isn't good, I get to pay a fine.
So my questions are many, as the ticket people wouldn't explain anything. I tried to ask if it is a problem with the ticket or with the stamp from the gate? Because at the station I entered, there was a hold up at the gate, and then people holding the gates open for others and stuff, which was weird, but I still put my ticket through the gate. Could this have caused it to be 'stamped' wrong? Can the machines actually dispense faulty tickets?
I was planning to take the metro again tomorrow, but if I obey all the rules and still get fined then.... I don't know what to do.
I didn't pay the €30 at the station, as I can't see I've done anything wrong, and thus now have a €63 fine. Any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 2 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 3 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 4 Santorini lodging
- 5 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 6 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 7 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 8 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 9 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 10 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 11 info Faro & Algarve
- 12 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 13 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 14 Nafplio to Hydra
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 19 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 20 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 23 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 24 Self drive tour companies
- 25 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?