So I just returned from the Louvre to my hotel via the metro, and I was stopped at the station and given a €63 fine for not having a valid ticket! Except I bought my ticket from the machine in the station, stuck it in the machine to get through the gate, and gave it to the guy when he asked to see it. What more can I do? He still says it isn't good, I get to pay a fine.
So my questions are many, as the ticket people wouldn't explain anything. I tried to ask if it is a problem with the ticket or with the stamp from the gate? Because at the station I entered, there was a hold up at the gate, and then people holding the gates open for others and stuff, which was weird, but I still put my ticket through the gate. Could this have caused it to be 'stamped' wrong? Can the machines actually dispense faulty tickets?
I was planning to take the metro again tomorrow, but if I obey all the rules and still get fined then.... I don't know what to do.
I didn't pay the €30 at the station, as I can't see I've done anything wrong, and thus now have a €63 fine. Any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 2 vegetarian in spain
- 3 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 4 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 5 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 6 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 7 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 8 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 Madrid airport question
- 13 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 14 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 15 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 16 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 17 Imbros Gorge
- 18 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 19 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 20 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 21 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 22 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 25 38 Days in Paris