So I just returned from the Louvre to my hotel via the metro, and I was stopped at the station and given a €63 fine for not having a valid ticket! Except I bought my ticket from the machine in the station, stuck it in the machine to get through the gate, and gave it to the guy when he asked to see it. What more can I do? He still says it isn't good, I get to pay a fine.
So my questions are many, as the ticket people wouldn't explain anything. I tried to ask if it is a problem with the ticket or with the stamp from the gate? Because at the station I entered, there was a hold up at the gate, and then people holding the gates open for others and stuff, which was weird, but I still put my ticket through the gate. Could this have caused it to be 'stamped' wrong? Can the machines actually dispense faulty tickets?
I was planning to take the metro again tomorrow, but if I obey all the rules and still get fined then.... I don't know what to do.
I didn't pay the €30 at the station, as I can't see I've done anything wrong, and thus now have a €63 fine. Any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 2 Edinbrugh
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 5 Help on ancient history route
- 6 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 7 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 8 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 9 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 10 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 11 3 days solo in London
- 12 Chania
- 13 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 14 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 15 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 16 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 17 Studying art in English in venice
- 18 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 19 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 20 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 21 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 22 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 23 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)