So I just returned from the Louvre to my hotel via the metro, and I was stopped at the station and given a €63 fine for not having a valid ticket! Except I bought my ticket from the machine in the station, stuck it in the machine to get through the gate, and gave it to the guy when he asked to see it. What more can I do? He still says it isn't good, I get to pay a fine.
So my questions are many, as the ticket people wouldn't explain anything. I tried to ask if it is a problem with the ticket or with the stamp from the gate? Because at the station I entered, there was a hold up at the gate, and then people holding the gates open for others and stuff, which was weird, but I still put my ticket through the gate. Could this have caused it to be 'stamped' wrong? Can the machines actually dispense faulty tickets?
I was planning to take the metro again tomorrow, but if I obey all the rules and still get fined then.... I don't know what to do.
I didn't pay the €30 at the station, as I can't see I've done anything wrong, and thus now have a €63 fine. Any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 vienna
- 2 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 3 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 4 Bernina Express mid-March
- 5 Ireland travel passport question
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 8 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 9 4 days itinerary for France
- 10 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 11 where to stay in London?
- 12 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 13 Juangfrau / mt
- 14 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 15 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 16 Switzerland
- 17 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 18 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 19 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 20 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 23 Questions about Polish sights
- 24 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 25 Southern Germany - a base for travel