Our family of four (2 adults; 2 children - aged 8 and 10 respectively) is planning on returning to France for 3 weeks this summer (early July). We did our first-ever European trip with the kids in 2013 - spent a week in Paris, a week in the Perigord noir and a few days in Nice. Our trip was amazing - in no small part to the great help we got from fellow Fodorites!
We plan to return but would like to focus on different areas. We still want to spend a few days in Paris again but but make up the balance of the week in Normandy so that we can visit the D-day beaches. A colleague has kindly offered the use of his house in Burgundy for a week. That leaves one more week to play with. We want our last week to be near the beach.
I have always been intrigued by Corsica (ever since I read "Asterix en Corse" in middle school!). But, it is a little more difficult/expensive to get to. I am debating between Corsica or somewhere else on the Med. Does anyone have any views on Corsica (likely near Porto Vecchio) or somewhere on the Med - maybe near Marseille or Montpellier?
We enjoy nature, swimming and some cultural sights. I know my husband would love to see Arles since he is fascinated by Roman ruins. Camargue seems intriguing but not sure what the beach is like. But, Corsica is the famed "Isle of Beauty".
Grateful for any assistance in terms of what would be a better destination for our family. We would likely be renting a car in either location.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 2 9 Days in Spain
- 3 God Save the Queen?
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 9 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 10 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 11 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 14 Paris to Italy
- 15 Driving through Paris
- 16 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 17 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 18 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 23 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Great Value Vacations - NOT
Help with our 3 week family trip to France - Paris and...?