Our family of four (2 adults; 2 children - aged 8 and 10 respectively) is planning on returning to France for 3 weeks this summer (early July). We did our first-ever European trip with the kids in 2013 - spent a week in Paris, a week in the Perigord noir and a few days in Nice. Our trip was amazing - in no small part to the great help we got from fellow Fodorites!
We plan to return but would like to focus on different areas. We still want to spend a few days in Paris again but but make up the balance of the week in Normandy so that we can visit the D-day beaches. A colleague has kindly offered the use of his house in Burgundy for a week. That leaves one more week to play with. We want our last week to be near the beach.
I have always been intrigued by Corsica (ever since I read "Asterix en Corse" in middle school!). But, it is a little more difficult/expensive to get to. I am debating between Corsica or somewhere else on the Med. Does anyone have any views on Corsica (likely near Porto Vecchio) or somewhere on the Med - maybe near Marseille or Montpellier?
We enjoy nature, swimming and some cultural sights. I know my husband would love to see Arles since he is fascinated by Roman ruins. Camargue seems intriguing but not sure what the beach is like. But, Corsica is the famed "Isle of Beauty".
Grateful for any assistance in terms of what would be a better destination for our family. We would likely be renting a car in either location.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 2 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 3 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 4 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 5 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 6 Things to do in Brussels
- 7 Naxos car rental
- 8 Short Trip in July
- 9 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 10 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 11 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 12 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 13 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 14 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 15 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 16 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 17 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 18 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 19 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 20 K-Day
- 21 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 22 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 23 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 24 Greek Islands (small)
- 25 Campervan in Croatia
Help with our 3 week family trip to France - Paris and...?