Our family of four (2 adults; 2 children - aged 8 and 10 respectively) is planning on returning to France for 3 weeks this summer (early July). We did our first-ever European trip with the kids in 2013 - spent a week in Paris, a week in the Perigord noir and a few days in Nice. Our trip was amazing - in no small part to the great help we got from fellow Fodorites!
We plan to return but would like to focus on different areas. We still want to spend a few days in Paris again but but make up the balance of the week in Normandy so that we can visit the D-day beaches. A colleague has kindly offered the use of his house in Burgundy for a week. That leaves one more week to play with. We want our last week to be near the beach.
I have always been intrigued by Corsica (ever since I read "Asterix en Corse" in middle school!). But, it is a little more difficult/expensive to get to. I am debating between Corsica or somewhere else on the Med. Does anyone have any views on Corsica (likely near Porto Vecchio) or somewhere on the Med - maybe near Marseille or Montpellier?
We enjoy nature, swimming and some cultural sights. I know my husband would love to see Arles since he is fascinated by Roman ruins. Camargue seems intriguing but not sure what the beach is like. But, Corsica is the famed "Isle of Beauty".
Grateful for any assistance in terms of what would be a better destination for our family. We would likely be renting a car in either location.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 2 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 3 Help on ancient history route
- 4 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 5 Edinbrugh
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 8 Berlin to ?
- 9 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 10 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 11 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 12 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 13 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 14 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 15 Maximizing Norway time
- 16 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 17 Hotels in Turin
- 18 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 19 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 20 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 21 3 days solo in London
- 22 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 23 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 24 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 25 Scotland
Help with our 3 week family trip to France - Paris and...?