I’m just starting to plan a trip to Switzerland in Sept and was hoping for feedback on my plan so far.
I will be flying out from Australia to Zurich via Singapore. I’ll be flying back home from Rome after 2 weeks. I’d like to spend 10 days in Switzerland, ride the scenic trains and see a bit of the countryside, followed by a few days in Rome. I have been to Lucerne and Rome before. I would like to focus on the Berner Oberland region and somehow incorporate the Glacier Express and the Golden Pass trains. Buy the 15 day Swiss Pass (I haven’t actually worked out the cost of every trip) because it seems to be the most convenient way to go.
Day 1 Friday Arrive Zurich/rest/explore Zurich
Day 2 Saturday Train to Lauterbrunnen (via Bern)
Question – Should I explore Bern or head to Interlaken and explore Untersee? That way I can do both lakes on Day 5 or spend more time in the towns on Lake Thun?
Day 3 Sunday Jungfraujoch (Murren, Gimmelwald)
Day 4 Monday Schilthorn (Northface walk, Trummelbach Falls, Grindelwald)
Day 5 Tuesday Interlaken/Untersee/Lake Thun (I will change the plans for the days based on the weather in the Jungfrau region)
Day 6 Wednesday Train to Montreux (Golden Pass), explore Lake Geneva
Question – seems I can only reserve the VIP Panorama Golden Pass going from Zweisimmen to Montreux but not in the other direction? Is Montreux a good base or should I stay in to Lausanne?
Day 7 Thursday Montreux Chocolate train
Day 8 Friday Train to Zermatt
Day 9 Saturday Matterhorn
Question - options if the weather is bad?
Day 10 Sunday Train to Zurich (via Chur Glacier Express)
Day 11 Monday Fly to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 2 Assist: Tec^h SUPP0RT NORTON ANTIVIRUS CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 NORTON
- 3 (USA) Te*ch SUPP0RT YAHOO CONTACT 1:8OO:54O:683O YAHOO Reset Password
- 4 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 5 alcazar question and seville advice
- 6 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 7 First visit to London
- 8 Paris travel help
- 9 Day in Capri
- 10 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 11 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 12 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 13 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 14 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 15 Rome hotel
- 16 Villa in Italy
- 17 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 18 Help me make this possible!
- 19 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 20 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 21 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 22 One night in the Dolomites
- 23 Vatican tour
- 24 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 25 Places to stop/stay?