I'm finally getting into the finer details of our trip to Andalusia. I tried to read all the recent and /or recommended threads on the topic so it was easier to plan.
We're travelling from October 8th to 21st only using public transportation . At the moment the schedule is:
Land in Madrid and overnight stay
Train to Cordoba - 2 nights
Train or bus to Granada - 3 nights
Train or bus to Seville - 5 nights (maybe with an organized tour to the white villages and Ronda)
Train to Madrid - 2 nights with a day trip to Toledo
I don't want to be rushed (well, not too much) because I know I want to go back to Southern Spain sometime. And then I can spend more time in any place that I missed.
Now for the questions:
1. October 12th is Hispanic Day - an important holiday in Spain from what I read. We'll be in Granada - will the sites (Alhambra etc...) be open? Are the restaurants open? What about public transportation? Or is this going to be a wasted day?
2. I planned travelling to Granada towards the beginning because the trips to and from Granada are not on the high speed train. My partner has health issues and tires easily and he will have more strength at the beginning of the trip . He'll be able to "rest" in Seville since we'll be there longer. Does anyone have experience travelling by train on these routes? I know that the bus is cheaper etc... but the train is more comfortable for long trips. I've researched this (yes, I've checked the man in seat 61. You see, I have done my homework!) but I'd like some first hand experience.
3. Can anyone recommend an organized tour to the white villages and Ronda?
4. Clothes - is it enough to take a light jacket or sweater for the evening? Can we wear sandals or will it get cooler towards the end of the trip? I know that we should take umbrellas since there might be some rain.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 3 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 4 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 5 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 6 Traveling in Belgium
- 7 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 8 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 9 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 10 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 11 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 12 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 13 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 14 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 15 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 16 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 17 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 18 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 19 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 20 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 21 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 22 Milos beach stay
- 23 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 24 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 25 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz