I'm finally getting into the finer details of our trip to Andalusia. I tried to read all the recent and /or recommended threads on the topic so it was easier to plan.
We're travelling from October 8th to 21st only using public transportation . At the moment the schedule is:
Land in Madrid and overnight stay
Train to Cordoba - 2 nights
Train or bus to Granada - 3 nights
Train or bus to Seville - 5 nights (maybe with an organized tour to the white villages and Ronda)
Train to Madrid - 2 nights with a day trip to Toledo
I don't want to be rushed (well, not too much) because I know I want to go back to Southern Spain sometime. And then I can spend more time in any place that I missed.
Now for the questions:
1. October 12th is Hispanic Day - an important holiday in Spain from what I read. We'll be in Granada - will the sites (Alhambra etc...) be open? Are the restaurants open? What about public transportation? Or is this going to be a wasted day?
2. I planned travelling to Granada towards the beginning because the trips to and from Granada are not on the high speed train. My partner has health issues and tires easily and he will have more strength at the beginning of the trip . He'll be able to "rest" in Seville since we'll be there longer. Does anyone have experience travelling by train on these routes? I know that the bus is cheaper etc... but the train is more comfortable for long trips. I've researched this (yes, I've checked the man in seat 61. You see, I have done my homework!) but I'd like some first hand experience.
3. Can anyone recommend an organized tour to the white villages and Ronda?
4. Clothes - is it enough to take a light jacket or sweater for the evening? Can we wear sandals or will it get cooler towards the end of the trip? I know that we should take umbrellas since there might be some rain.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 5 Days in Switzerland
- 6 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 7 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 8 Spain in July
- 9 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 10 International Flight Question
- 11 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 12 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 13 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 14 We're here!
- 15 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 18 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 19 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 20 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 21 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 22 Interesting places to visit
- 23 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 24 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 25 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations