I'm finally getting into the finer details of our trip to Andalusia. I tried to read all the recent and /or recommended threads on the topic so it was easier to plan.
We're travelling from October 8th to 21st only using public transportation . At the moment the schedule is:
Land in Madrid and overnight stay
Train to Cordoba - 2 nights
Train or bus to Granada - 3 nights
Train or bus to Seville - 5 nights (maybe with an organized tour to the white villages and Ronda)
Train to Madrid - 2 nights with a day trip to Toledo
I don't want to be rushed (well, not too much) because I know I want to go back to Southern Spain sometime. And then I can spend more time in any place that I missed.
Now for the questions:
1. October 12th is Hispanic Day - an important holiday in Spain from what I read. We'll be in Granada - will the sites (Alhambra etc...) be open? Are the restaurants open? What about public transportation? Or is this going to be a wasted day?
2. I planned travelling to Granada towards the beginning because the trips to and from Granada are not on the high speed train. My partner has health issues and tires easily and he will have more strength at the beginning of the trip . He'll be able to "rest" in Seville since we'll be there longer. Does anyone have experience travelling by train on these routes? I know that the bus is cheaper etc... but the train is more comfortable for long trips. I've researched this (yes, I've checked the man in seat 61. You see, I have done my homework!) but I'd like some first hand experience.
3. Can anyone recommend an organized tour to the white villages and Ronda?
4. Clothes - is it enough to take a light jacket or sweater for the evening? Can we wear sandals or will it get cooler towards the end of the trip? I know that we should take umbrellas since there might be some rain.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 6 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 7 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 8 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 9 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 10 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 11 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 12 Europe First Timers
- 13 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 14 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 17 Iceland for Nine Days
- 18 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 19 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 20 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 21 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 22 Rome or Venice first
- 23 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 24 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 25 Seeking reasonable itinerary