I'm finally getting into the finer details of our trip to Andalusia. I tried to read all the recent and /or recommended threads on the topic so it was easier to plan.
We're travelling from October 8th to 21st only using public transportation . At the moment the schedule is:
Land in Madrid and overnight stay
Train to Cordoba - 2 nights
Train or bus to Granada - 3 nights
Train or bus to Seville - 5 nights (maybe with an organized tour to the white villages and Ronda)
Train to Madrid - 2 nights with a day trip to Toledo
I don't want to be rushed (well, not too much) because I know I want to go back to Southern Spain sometime. And then I can spend more time in any place that I missed.
Now for the questions:
1. October 12th is Hispanic Day - an important holiday in Spain from what I read. We'll be in Granada - will the sites (Alhambra etc...) be open? Are the restaurants open? What about public transportation? Or is this going to be a wasted day?
2. I planned travelling to Granada towards the beginning because the trips to and from Granada are not on the high speed train. My partner has health issues and tires easily and he will have more strength at the beginning of the trip . He'll be able to "rest" in Seville since we'll be there longer. Does anyone have experience travelling by train on these routes? I know that the bus is cheaper etc... but the train is more comfortable for long trips. I've researched this (yes, I've checked the man in seat 61. You see, I have done my homework!) but I'd like some first hand experience.
3. Can anyone recommend an organized tour to the white villages and Ronda?
4. Clothes - is it enough to take a light jacket or sweater for the evening? Can we wear sandals or will it get cooler towards the end of the trip? I know that we should take umbrellas since there might be some rain.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 2 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 3 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 4 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 5 St Denis Cathedral
- 6 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 9 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 10 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 11 CDG much improved
- 12 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 13 Praiano
- 14 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 15 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 16 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 17 Norway fjord
- 18 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 19 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 20 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 23 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 24 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 25 Stockholm during midsummer