Update on earlier post: Need help with lodging. Have been reading many reviews. So many choices??>#(#)$Q#$ So confused. Would like some recent input on where people have stayed in these areas.
Leaving Oct. 1-13. Our plan is mostly hiking. Will be going to Pompeii(staying in Sorrento) then headed to Amalfi to do mostly hiking. Budget would like to stay around $120-150/night. Would love to have a little kitchnette in room. Would love sea view when possible. Will not have a car would like to be close to bus transportation
Have finally narrowed down our itinerary.
We will be spending
2 nights in Sorrento
5 nights in Amalfi (would like a kitchenette here)
3 nights in Ischia
2 nights in Rome
In Ischia would like peoples' opinion on what location. Getting a lot of mixed reviews on different areas. Fiorio or Porto or Porte (Don't want to be as isolated as Sant Angelo) we will be hiking some trails and the thermal springs. Not interested in the beach. Any input welcomed. I know Peter ( a Brit in Ischia) prefers Ischia Ponte and we are considering Hotel Il Monastero (any input on this?). Oh and Peter we will try to get to Procida. So wish we had more time to add to Ischia.
Trying to do this trip without a car.
Thanks again for any info. Hope I don't upset to many people by doing this as a new post. Wasn't sure I would get many responses to my original post.
Opps forgot about Rome. Would like to be near the train station that goes to the airport. We have a somewhat early flight and want to be able to just take the train to FCO.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We're here!
- 2 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 3 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 4 Old European currency
- 5 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 6 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 7 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 Europe itinerary questions
- 11 Amsterdam hotels
- 12 Paris hotels
- 13 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 16 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 17 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 18 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 19 Brugge hotel help
- 20 Denmark or Sweden?
- 21 Five night Ireland Trip
- 22 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 London Hotels
- 25 10 days in Paris and......