Update on earlier post: Need help with lodging. Have been reading many reviews. So many choices??>#(#)$Q#$ So confused. Would like some recent input on where people have stayed in these areas.
Leaving Oct. 1-13. Our plan is mostly hiking. Will be going to Pompeii(staying in Sorrento) then headed to Amalfi to do mostly hiking. Budget would like to stay around $120-150/night. Would love to have a little kitchnette in room. Would love sea view when possible. Will not have a car would like to be close to bus transportation
Have finally narrowed down our itinerary.
We will be spending
2 nights in Sorrento
5 nights in Amalfi (would like a kitchenette here)
3 nights in Ischia
2 nights in Rome
In Ischia would like peoples' opinion on what location. Getting a lot of mixed reviews on different areas. Fiorio or Porto or Porte (Don't want to be as isolated as Sant Angelo) we will be hiking some trails and the thermal springs. Not interested in the beach. Any input welcomed. I know Peter ( a Brit in Ischia) prefers Ischia Ponte and we are considering Hotel Il Monastero (any input on this?). Oh and Peter we will try to get to Procida. So wish we had more time to add to Ischia.
Trying to do this trip without a car.
Thanks again for any info. Hope I don't upset to many people by doing this as a new post. Wasn't sure I would get many responses to my original post.
Opps forgot about Rome. Would like to be near the train station that goes to the airport. We have a somewhat early flight and want to be able to just take the train to FCO.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 2 ATM
- 3 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 4 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 5 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 6 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 7 Spain Itinerary
- 8 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 9 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 10 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 11 ATM help
- 12 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 13 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 14 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 15 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 16 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 17 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 18 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 19 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 20 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 21 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 22 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 23 International drivers permit
- 24 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 25 Croatia Intinerary August 2017