Update on earlier post: Need help with lodging. Have been reading many reviews. So many choices??>#(#)$Q#$ So confused. Would like some recent input on where people have stayed in these areas.
Leaving Oct. 1-13. Our plan is mostly hiking. Will be going to Pompeii(staying in Sorrento) then headed to Amalfi to do mostly hiking. Budget would like to stay around $120-150/night. Would love to have a little kitchnette in room. Would love sea view when possible. Will not have a car would like to be close to bus transportation
Have finally narrowed down our itinerary.
We will be spending
2 nights in Sorrento
5 nights in Amalfi (would like a kitchenette here)
3 nights in Ischia
2 nights in Rome
In Ischia would like peoples' opinion on what location. Getting a lot of mixed reviews on different areas. Fiorio or Porto or Porte (Don't want to be as isolated as Sant Angelo) we will be hiking some trails and the thermal springs. Not interested in the beach. Any input welcomed. I know Peter ( a Brit in Ischia) prefers Ischia Ponte and we are considering Hotel Il Monastero (any input on this?). Oh and Peter we will try to get to Procida. So wish we had more time to add to Ischia.
Trying to do this trip without a car.
Thanks again for any info. Hope I don't upset to many people by doing this as a new post. Wasn't sure I would get many responses to my original post.
Opps forgot about Rome. Would like to be near the train station that goes to the airport. We have a somewhat early flight and want to be able to just take the train to FCO.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Take your necessary things while traveling!
- 2 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 3 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 4 Florence - Where to stay
- 5 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 6 Berlin to Italy
- 7 Killarney
- 8 Where to go!?
- 9 First time in Bulgaria
- 10 Vacation
- 11 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 12 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 13 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 14 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 15 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 18 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 19 Walking itinerary in England?
- 20 Dog friendly hotels
- 21 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 22 Cambridge in May
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 25 No Periods in British Written English!