My girlfriend and I will be leaving Munich on September 27th and are free to travel through the early evening of October 14th. We are considering visiting Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Prague and Berlin. We aren't really interested in spending a lot of time in museums nor visiting most tourist spots you'd find on a postcard. We'd rather spend time checking out unique neighborhoods, cafes and nightlife....just enjoying the local culture. However, we are interested in visiting Auschwitz and possibly the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Having said that, with 18 days available to us, how would you break up the trip?
Also, we'll be in Munich for 3 days. Is Salzburg worth a day trip knowing it takes a day away from our time in Munich? Are Bratislava or Kosice cities we should consider?
Thanks for any help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 2 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 3 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 4 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 5 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 6 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 7 Vatican tour
- 8 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 9 Day in Capri
- 10 alcazar question and seville advice
- 11 TSA Precheck
- 12 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 13 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 14 First visit to London
- 15 Paris travel help
- 16 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 17 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 18 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 19 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 20 Rome hotel
- 21 Villa in Italy
- 22 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 23 Help me make this possible!
- 24 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 25 Best Barcelona neighborhood
Help with length of stay in VIenna/Budapest/Krakow/Prague/Berlin