My girlfriend and I will be leaving Munich on September 27th and are free to travel through the early evening of October 14th. We are considering visiting Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Prague and Berlin. We aren't really interested in spending a lot of time in museums nor visiting most tourist spots you'd find on a postcard. We'd rather spend time checking out unique neighborhoods, cafes and nightlife....just enjoying the local culture. However, we are interested in visiting Auschwitz and possibly the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Having said that, with 18 days available to us, how would you break up the trip?
Also, we'll be in Munich for 3 days. Is Salzburg worth a day trip knowing it takes a day away from our time in Munich? Are Bratislava or Kosice cities we should consider?
Thanks for any help!!!
Help with length of stay in VIenna/Budapest/Krakow/Prague/Berlin
- 1 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 2 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 3 Help: Lake District & Yorkshire Dales
- 4 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 5 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 6 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 7 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 8 A very bad experience with Rentalcars
- 9 Three for the road
- 10 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 11 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 12 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 13 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 14 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 15 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 16 Cinque Terre Trails Condition Report
- 17 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 To Paris and Provence in June
- 20 Planning a holiday
- 21 Town in southwest Ireland to serve as a home base
- 22 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 25 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.