My girlfriend and I will be leaving Munich on September 27th and are free to travel through the early evening of October 14th. We are considering visiting Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Prague and Berlin. We aren't really interested in spending a lot of time in museums nor visiting most tourist spots you'd find on a postcard. We'd rather spend time checking out unique neighborhoods, cafes and nightlife....just enjoying the local culture. However, we are interested in visiting Auschwitz and possibly the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Having said that, with 18 days available to us, how would you break up the trip?
Also, we'll be in Munich for 3 days. Is Salzburg worth a day trip knowing it takes a day away from our time in Munich? Are Bratislava or Kosice cities we should consider?
Thanks for any help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Concerts at Saints Chapelle
- 2 Packing for Croatia Sept-Oct - Just getting started
- 3 England/Scotland in January?
- 4 The Newly Reopened Picasso Museum in Paris
- 5 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 6 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 7 London During Rugby International September 2015
- 8 Rome, Italy Sistine Chapel
- 9 London theatre
- 10 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 11 What time for early flight to Heathrow
- 12 Hotel at or near Brussels airport
- 13 Le Marche: Cartoceto, Fano...
- 14 Experience Spain and Morocco Online (Video + Stills)
- 15 Frankfurt Airport and Train Question
- 16 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 17 Crete- anyone done the Eastern end lately?
- 18 a starting itinerary
- 19 Itinerary advice needed for Europe summer 2016
- 20 La Rochelle vs Barcelona
- 21 Suggestions on traveling from Palermo, Sicily to Munich, Germany
- 22 Small-group day tours from London?
- 23 Should I buy Trenitalia tickets ahead of time for my parents?
- 24 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 25 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
Help with length of stay in VIenna/Budapest/Krakow/Prague/Berlin