My girlfriend and I will be leaving Munich on September 27th and are free to travel through the early evening of October 14th. We are considering visiting Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Prague and Berlin. We aren't really interested in spending a lot of time in museums nor visiting most tourist spots you'd find on a postcard. We'd rather spend time checking out unique neighborhoods, cafes and nightlife....just enjoying the local culture. However, we are interested in visiting Auschwitz and possibly the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Having said that, with 18 days available to us, how would you break up the trip?
Also, we'll be in Munich for 3 days. Is Salzburg worth a day trip knowing it takes a day away from our time in Munich? Are Bratislava or Kosice cities we should consider?
Thanks for any help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French towns in autumn
- 2 Transportation from Dublin airport to Shelboourne Hotel
- 3 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 4 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 5 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 6 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 7 What area of Venice to stay?
- 8 la spezia vs. levanto
- 9 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 10 Southern Puglia Italy
- 11 Art History lover - itinerary help
- 12 Toulouse Metro & Train Station
- 13 Ljubljana – Trieste – Croatia – Itinerary and Car Rental Questions
- 14 Travel help laundary
- 15 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 16 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 17 Puglia and Matera
- 18 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 19 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 20 Brussels Central to Midi?
- 21 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 22 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 23 6 nights in Dublin
- 24 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 25 Whici part of the Pyreness is the most scenic part to visit in January?
Help with length of stay in VIenna/Budapest/Krakow/Prague/Berlin