My girlfriend and I will be leaving Munich on September 27th and are free to travel through the early evening of October 14th. We are considering visiting Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Prague and Berlin. We aren't really interested in spending a lot of time in museums nor visiting most tourist spots you'd find on a postcard. We'd rather spend time checking out unique neighborhoods, cafes and nightlife....just enjoying the local culture. However, we are interested in visiting Auschwitz and possibly the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Having said that, with 18 days available to us, how would you break up the trip?
Also, we'll be in Munich for 3 days. Is Salzburg worth a day trip knowing it takes a day away from our time in Munich? Are Bratislava or Kosice cities we should consider?
Thanks for any help!!!
Help with length of stay in VIenna/Budapest/Krakow/Prague/Berlin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 2 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 3 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 4 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?
- 5 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 6 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 7 Hotel in Venice
- 8 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 9 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 10 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 11 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 12 Day trip from London to Paris
- 13 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 14 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 17 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 18 Dare I ask a Transportation Question?
- 19 A Winter Wander – Engadine and Berner Oberland
- 20 Calling Jamikins
- 21 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 22 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 23 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 24 Zurich, Switzerland
- 25 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us