My girlfriend and I will be leaving Munich on September 27th and are free to travel through the early evening of October 14th. We are considering visiting Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Prague and Berlin. We aren't really interested in spending a lot of time in museums nor visiting most tourist spots you'd find on a postcard. We'd rather spend time checking out unique neighborhoods, cafes and nightlife....just enjoying the local culture. However, we are interested in visiting Auschwitz and possibly the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Having said that, with 18 days available to us, how would you break up the trip?
Also, we'll be in Munich for 3 days. Is Salzburg worth a day trip knowing it takes a day away from our time in Munich? Are Bratislava or Kosice cities we should consider?
Thanks for any help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest Hotels
- 2 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 3 4 days in switzerland
- 4 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 5 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 6 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 7 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 8 Munich
- 9 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 10 First time in France
- 11 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 12 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 13 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 14 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 15 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 16 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 17 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 18 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 19 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 20 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 21 Portugal itinerary help
- 22 First Time Solo Travel info
- 23 Prague hotels
- 24 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 25 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
Help with length of stay in VIenna/Budapest/Krakow/Prague/Berlin