Here is the itinerary. I would appreciate some help to say whether this is feasible, we are fairly active travelers (husband 45, wife 42 and son 6) , what you think the best rail passes would be and anything exciting for a six year old (he is a builder, very imaginative, likes nature but not a sports fanatic). We are traveling strictly by rail, buses. Fly in on June 30th AM Frankfurt, Train to Mainz. Day 1Take the cruise from Mainz to Koblenz (can you take luggage aboard?) and then the train from Koblenz to Amsterdam Day 2 Amsterdam Day 3 Train from Amsterdam to Berlin Day 4,5,6 Berlin(maybe zoo and Legoland with my son?) Train to PragueDay 7,8,9 Prague (anything in Prague for six yr old boy?), Train to Vienna Day 10,11 Vienna, Train to Salzburg Day 12,13 Salzburg, Train to Lake Lucern Day 14 Lake Lucern, Train to Zermatt Day 15, 16 Zermatt, Train to Munch Day 17, 18 Munich, Day 19 Train to Fussen, Day 20 Fussen and 21 Freiburg, Day 22 Fly home. Is there a train from Fussen to Freiburg? We plan on one of the scenic trains in Switzerland, the Matterhorn and the lake. Maybe a toboggan ride somewhere, a luge ride. We like architecture, music, shows, outdoors, should we do Romantic Rd is it interesting for a boy? We like beer too.
Help with itinerary, suggestions and method of travel!!! Thank you!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today.
- 2 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 3 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 4 See You In Minsk
- 5 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 6 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 7 Florence Hotel Advice
- 8 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 9 Italy tours
- 10 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 11 Air France strike
- 12 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 13 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 14 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 15 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 16 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 17 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 18 Best day trips from Paris
- 19 Scottish Passport
- 20 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 21 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 22 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 23 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 24 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 25 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s