Here is the itinerary. I would appreciate some help to say whether this is feasible, we are fairly active travelers (husband 45, wife 42 and son 6) , what you think the best rail passes would be and anything exciting for a six year old (he is a builder, very imaginative, likes nature but not a sports fanatic). We are traveling strictly by rail, buses. Fly in on June 30th AM Frankfurt, Train to Mainz. Day 1Take the cruise from Mainz to Koblenz (can you take luggage aboard?) and then the train from Koblenz to Amsterdam Day 2 Amsterdam Day 3 Train from Amsterdam to Berlin Day 4,5,6 Berlin(maybe zoo and Legoland with my son?) Train to PragueDay 7,8,9 Prague (anything in Prague for six yr old boy?), Train to Vienna Day 10,11 Vienna, Train to Salzburg Day 12,13 Salzburg, Train to Lake Lucern Day 14 Lake Lucern, Train to Zermatt Day 15, 16 Zermatt, Train to Munch Day 17, 18 Munich, Day 19 Train to Fussen, Day 20 Fussen and 21 Freiburg, Day 22 Fly home. Is there a train from Fussen to Freiburg? We plan on one of the scenic trains in Switzerland, the Matterhorn and the lake. Maybe a toboggan ride somewhere, a luge ride. We like architecture, music, shows, outdoors, should we do Romantic Rd is it interesting for a boy? We like beer too.
Help with itinerary, suggestions and method of travel!!! Thank you!!!
- 1 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 2 I Need To Vent!
- 3 A chacun son goût
- 4 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 5 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 6 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 7 Seville Cordoba and Grananda
- 8 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 9 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 10 Good Base for Costa Brava Spain
- 11 Help with itenerary
- 12 portugal
- 13 Train from Civitavecchia port to Rome
- 14 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 15 Brown Bear sites Slovenia
- 16 train from Krakow, Poland to Venice, Italy
- 17 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 18 Extra leg room on British Airways
- 19 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 20 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 21 Train from Dresden to Nueburg DO in July
- 22 Possible Itinerary in Romania?
- 23 Bulgaria or Romania next fall?
- 24 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 25 To Clifton, RE: Romania