Here is the itinerary. I would appreciate some help to say whether this is feasible, we are fairly active travelers (husband 45, wife 42 and son 6) , what you think the best rail passes would be and anything exciting for a six year old (he is a builder, very imaginative, likes nature but not a sports fanatic). We are traveling strictly by rail, buses. Fly in on June 30th AM Frankfurt, Train to Mainz. Day 1Take the cruise from Mainz to Koblenz (can you take luggage aboard?) and then the train from Koblenz to Amsterdam Day 2 Amsterdam Day 3 Train from Amsterdam to Berlin Day 4,5,6 Berlin(maybe zoo and Legoland with my son?) Train to PragueDay 7,8,9 Prague (anything in Prague for six yr old boy?), Train to Vienna Day 10,11 Vienna, Train to Salzburg Day 12,13 Salzburg, Train to Lake Lucern Day 14 Lake Lucern, Train to Zermatt Day 15, 16 Zermatt, Train to Munch Day 17, 18 Munich, Day 19 Train to Fussen, Day 20 Fussen and 21 Freiburg, Day 22 Fly home. Is there a train from Fussen to Freiburg? We plan on one of the scenic trains in Switzerland, the Matterhorn and the lake. Maybe a toboggan ride somewhere, a luge ride. We like architecture, music, shows, outdoors, should we do Romantic Rd is it interesting for a boy? We like beer too.
Help with itinerary, suggestions and method of travel!!! Thank you!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 2 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 3 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?
- 6 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 7 Hotel in Venice
- 8 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 9 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 10 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 11 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 12 Day trip from London to Paris
- 13 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 14 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 17 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 18 Dare I ask a Transportation Question?
- 19 A Winter Wander – Engadine and Berner Oberland
- 20 Calling Jamikins
- 21 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 22 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 23 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 24 Zurich, Switzerland
- 25 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us