Here is the itinerary. I would appreciate some help to say whether this is feasible, we are fairly active travelers (husband 45, wife 42 and son 6) , what you think the best rail passes would be and anything exciting for a six year old (he is a builder, very imaginative, likes nature but not a sports fanatic). We are traveling strictly by rail, buses. Fly in on June 30th AM Frankfurt, Train to Mainz. Day 1Take the cruise from Mainz to Koblenz (can you take luggage aboard?) and then the train from Koblenz to Amsterdam Day 2 Amsterdam Day 3 Train from Amsterdam to Berlin Day 4,5,6 Berlin(maybe zoo and Legoland with my son?) Train to PragueDay 7,8,9 Prague (anything in Prague for six yr old boy?), Train to Vienna Day 10,11 Vienna, Train to Salzburg Day 12,13 Salzburg, Train to Lake Lucern Day 14 Lake Lucern, Train to Zermatt Day 15, 16 Zermatt, Train to Munch Day 17, 18 Munich, Day 19 Train to Fussen, Day 20 Fussen and 21 Freiburg, Day 22 Fly home. Is there a train from Fussen to Freiburg? We plan on one of the scenic trains in Switzerland, the Matterhorn and the lake. Maybe a toboggan ride somewhere, a luge ride. We like architecture, music, shows, outdoors, should we do Romantic Rd is it interesting for a boy? We like beer too.
Help with itinerary, suggestions and method of travel!!! Thank you!!!
- 1 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 2 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 3 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 4 please HELP--so confused!!
- 5 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests
- 6 A chacun son goût
- 7 Scotland. Cawdor Castle , Inverness
- 8 Please Help !!! question about mistake buying train ticket from trenitalia
- 9 Daytrip from Waterford to Kilkenny
- 10 10 days in Cortona- any suggestions ?
- 11 Cuenca or Toledo
- 12 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 13 Where can we go from Genoa for three days
- 14 Shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 15 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 16 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 17 Reporting from Paris May 12-25
- 18 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 19 I Need To Vent!
- 20 Seems to me this forum is a lot less active than in years past....
- 21 Timeshare freebies (free accomodation but you have to "partcipate" in their presentation)
- 22 American Citizen Buying a Home in Spain
- 23 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 24 Dining in Rapallo and Camogli
- 25 Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!