Here is the itinerary. I would appreciate some help to say whether this is feasible, we are fairly active travelers (husband 45, wife 42 and son 6) , what you think the best rail passes would be and anything exciting for a six year old (he is a builder, very imaginative, likes nature but not a sports fanatic). We are traveling strictly by rail, buses. Fly in on June 30th AM Frankfurt, Train to Mainz. Day 1Take the cruise from Mainz to Koblenz (can you take luggage aboard?) and then the train from Koblenz to Amsterdam Day 2 Amsterdam Day 3 Train from Amsterdam to Berlin Day 4,5,6 Berlin(maybe zoo and Legoland with my son?) Train to PragueDay 7,8,9 Prague (anything in Prague for six yr old boy?), Train to Vienna Day 10,11 Vienna, Train to Salzburg Day 12,13 Salzburg, Train to Lake Lucern Day 14 Lake Lucern, Train to Zermatt Day 15, 16 Zermatt, Train to Munch Day 17, 18 Munich, Day 19 Train to Fussen, Day 20 Fussen and 21 Freiburg, Day 22 Fly home. Is there a train from Fussen to Freiburg? We plan on one of the scenic trains in Switzerland, the Matterhorn and the lake. Maybe a toboggan ride somewhere, a luge ride. We like architecture, music, shows, outdoors, should we do Romantic Rd is it interesting for a boy? We like beer too.
Help with itinerary, suggestions and method of travel!!! Thank you!!!
- 1 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 2 Where to stay in Glasgow and Edinburgh Scotland
- 3 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 4 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 5 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 6 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 7 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 8 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 9 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 10 Normandy on our own?
- 11 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 12 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 13 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 14 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 15 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 16 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 17 Tuscany Lodging - Ankhura vs. Terre di Nano
- 18 Ordering wine in Paris
- 19 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 20 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 21 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 22 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 23 Best way to get from Malaga to Gibraltar to Ceuta, Morocco?
- 24 Changing of the Guard
- 25 Florence & ____?____ with a 16 month old baby in September.