My husband &I are flying into Nice May 8th, out of Paris May 20th. Following is what I have planned
May 8th - May 14th: based in Nice staying. at Le Dortier (based on reviews in this forum). Pick up a car at the airport. We check in at 2. My husband will want to rest while I will be wanting to start exploring-.
Our interest is seeing the villages, art museums. I thought we'd start north of Nice, with Menton, and work our way south over the next few days.
May 14th -17th: Meeting up with daughter studying in Aix. She has offered to take be our tour guide in Aix. My thought is my husband & I would stay in St Remy (at Mas Valentine). This would give us a chance to se another part of Provence.
May 17th - 20th: initially I thought the three of us would take a leisurely drive through the wine country, maybe stay around Giverney. We'd either return the car & train to the airport or drive to the airport.
My plan is evolving to where I'm thinking logistically it may be best to use mass transit to get around the villages, up and down the coast. We'd pick up a car in Aix to move around Provence.
.To get a feel for a different part of the coast I' m thinking of shortening our time based in Nice to 4days, move to Antibes for 2-3 days and then to St. Remy. We could extend our time in Provence to the 19th , giving us 5 days( maybe then stay 2nights in Aix & 3 in St Remy??? ). We'd then take the the TGV to the Paris airport.
Does the Nice/ Anitbes split make sense? Is it a reasonable commute to tour Aix while staying in St Remy? What are your thoughts in extending time in Provence vs. a 2-3 day drive up to Paris?
Looking forward to your comments!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 2 First time in Bulgaria
- 3 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 4 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 5 Alps Drive
- 6 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 7 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 11 St Denis Cathedral
- 12 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 13 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 14 Paris cooking classes
- 15 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 16 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 17 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 18 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 19 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Praiano
- 22 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 23 Help please
- 24 Funny One Michelin * Mix-Up in France!
- 25 Andalucia itinerary help
Help with itinerary planning- 12 days Côte d'Azur & Provence