My husband &I are flying into Nice May 8th, out of Paris May 20th. Following is what I have planned
May 8th - May 14th: based in Nice staying. at Le Dortier (based on reviews in this forum). Pick up a car at the airport. We check in at 2. My husband will want to rest while I will be wanting to start exploring-.
Our interest is seeing the villages, art museums. I thought we'd start north of Nice, with Menton, and work our way south over the next few days.
May 14th -17th: Meeting up with daughter studying in Aix. She has offered to take be our tour guide in Aix. My thought is my husband & I would stay in St Remy (at Mas Valentine). This would give us a chance to se another part of Provence.
May 17th - 20th: initially I thought the three of us would take a leisurely drive through the wine country, maybe stay around Giverney. We'd either return the car & train to the airport or drive to the airport.
My plan is evolving to where I'm thinking logistically it may be best to use mass transit to get around the villages, up and down the coast. We'd pick up a car in Aix to move around Provence.
.To get a feel for a different part of the coast I' m thinking of shortening our time based in Nice to 4days, move to Antibes for 2-3 days and then to St. Remy. We could extend our time in Provence to the 19th , giving us 5 days( maybe then stay 2nights in Aix & 3 in St Remy??? ). We'd then take the the TGV to the Paris airport.
Does the Nice/ Anitbes split make sense? Is it a reasonable commute to tour Aix while staying in St Remy? What are your thoughts in extending time in Provence vs. a 2-3 day drive up to Paris?
Looking forward to your comments!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 2 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 5 Revised itinerary for italy
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 8 Biarritz family holiday
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Lisbon hotel
- 11 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 12 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 13 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 14 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 15 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 16 Italy
- 17 4 Days in Tuscany
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 22 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 25 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
Help with itinerary planning- 12 days Côte d'Azur & Provence