My husband &I are flying into Nice May 8th, out of Paris May 20th. Following is what I have planned
May 8th - May 14th: based in Nice staying. at Le Dortier (based on reviews in this forum). Pick up a car at the airport. We check in at 2. My husband will want to rest while I will be wanting to start exploring-.
Our interest is seeing the villages, art museums. I thought we'd start north of Nice, with Menton, and work our way south over the next few days.
May 14th -17th: Meeting up with daughter studying in Aix. She has offered to take be our tour guide in Aix. My thought is my husband & I would stay in St Remy (at Mas Valentine). This would give us a chance to se another part of Provence.
May 17th - 20th: initially I thought the three of us would take a leisurely drive through the wine country, maybe stay around Giverney. We'd either return the car & train to the airport or drive to the airport.
My plan is evolving to where I'm thinking logistically it may be best to use mass transit to get around the villages, up and down the coast. We'd pick up a car in Aix to move around Provence.
.To get a feel for a different part of the coast I' m thinking of shortening our time based in Nice to 4days, move to Antibes for 2-3 days and then to St. Remy. We could extend our time in Provence to the 19th , giving us 5 days( maybe then stay 2nights in Aix & 3 in St Remy??? ). We'd then take the the TGV to the Paris airport.
Does the Nice/ Anitbes split make sense? Is it a reasonable commute to tour Aix while staying in St Remy? What are your thoughts in extending time in Provence vs. a 2-3 day drive up to Paris?
Looking forward to your comments!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving through Paris
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 4 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 8 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 9 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 10 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 11 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 12 Zurich to Milan trip
- 13 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 14 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 15 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 18 San Sebastián
- 19 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 22 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 23 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 24 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 25 Planning A trip
Help with itinerary planning- 12 days Côte d'Azur & Provence