Hello fellow travelers,
I'm planning a trip for either June or July, 2-2.5 weeks, and would appreciate feedback on our tentative itinerary. My husband and I are 29 and 31, and enjoy exploring vibrant cities on foot, museums (in moderation), photography, good restaurants with vegetarian options, beer (hence the interest in Munich), and meeting locals and other travelers. We prefer to get around by public transit, walking, and the occasional taxi instead of renting a car. My husband has been to Lucerne, Bern, and Zurich before, and we have been to Paris together twice (otherwise we might spend more time there on this trip).
Here's our proposed itinerary. We would travel between cities by train.
Munich: 2-3 days
Zurich: 1 day or just a few hours. My husband has been to Zurich for work and was not impressed. But maybe he hasn't been to the "cool" part of the city?
Lucerne: 2 days
Bern: 2 days
Geneva: 2 days
Lyon: 1 day, or just a few hours. We could also skip Lyon entirely. Many of the trains between Geneva and Marseille stop in Lyon, otherwise we might not have even thought of visiting this city.
Marseille: 2-3 days
Paris: 2-3 days
We are open to cutting 1-2 cities and spending more time in one of the other cities. The only destination we can't cut is Paris because we're meeting up with friends there.
Thanks in advance for any input! Let me know if you have any questions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 2 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 3 driving from prague to salzburg
- 4 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 5 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 6 Versailles
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 9 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 10 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 11 Germany train help!
- 12 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 13 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 14 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 15 Sicily
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 18 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 19 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 20 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 23 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 24 We're here!
- 25 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
Help with itinerary: Munich, Lucerne, Bern, Geneva, Marseille, Paris
Hello fellow travelers,