Hello fellow travelers,
I'm planning a trip for either June or July, 2-2.5 weeks, and would appreciate feedback on our tentative itinerary. My husband and I are 29 and 31, and enjoy exploring vibrant cities on foot, museums (in moderation), photography, good restaurants with vegetarian options, beer (hence the interest in Munich), and meeting locals and other travelers. We prefer to get around by public transit, walking, and the occasional taxi instead of renting a car. My husband has been to Lucerne, Bern, and Zurich before, and we have been to Paris together twice (otherwise we might spend more time there on this trip).
Here's our proposed itinerary. We would travel between cities by train.
Munich: 2-3 days
Zurich: 1 day or just a few hours. My husband has been to Zurich for work and was not impressed. But maybe he hasn't been to the "cool" part of the city?
Lucerne: 2 days
Bern: 2 days
Geneva: 2 days
Lyon: 1 day, or just a few hours. We could also skip Lyon entirely. Many of the trains between Geneva and Marseille stop in Lyon, otherwise we might not have even thought of visiting this city.
Marseille: 2-3 days
Paris: 2-3 days
We are open to cutting 1-2 cities and spending more time in one of the other cities. The only destination we can't cut is Paris because we're meeting up with friends there.
Thanks in advance for any input! Let me know if you have any questions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 2 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 5 One free day in Barcelona
- 6 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 7 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 8 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 9 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 13 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 14 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 15 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Greek Village
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 20 Uber vs. TfL
- 21 Berlin
- 22 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 23 Germany or Sweden
- 24 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 25 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
Help with itinerary: Munich, Lucerne, Bern, Geneva, Marseille, Paris
Hello fellow travelers,