Hi Fellow travellers,
I'm in the process of planning a 2 week trip to Slovenia in late June 2012. We will be 3 adults and 3 teens (12,15,18). I was thinking of renting an apartement in Ljubljana for 5 to 7 days and proceed from there on several day trips. Don't know if it is realistic to travel to Mokrice for the day from ljubljana and catch certain sights along the way such as the Sticna abbey, and both the Otocec and Bogensperk castles and head back to Ljubljana all within the same day.
Other day trips will include Skofja Loka, Postojna cave, Skocjan caves,Prejama,Lipica Celje and Ptuj. Should we also plan to visit Maribor ?? (how many days?)
We would also like to spend 3 days in Bled taking a day trip with 3 glav adventure and going to see vintgar gorge.
We also plan 3 nights in Piran one of which will be spent in Venise and the other visiting the salt mines.
Would love advice as to the best spa experience in an authentic setting not too commercialized.
I was also wondering if it was worth it to cross the border and visit plitvice lakes in Croatia. According to mapquest the distance between Ljubljana and the lakes is about 3 hours and doable in one long day.
Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially of places and things we must do.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 2 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 3 Piedmont as a destination
- 4 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 5 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 6 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 7 Need Information about French Alps
- 8 dinner jackets
- 9 France Itinerary Advice
- 10 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 11 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 12 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 15 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 16 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 17 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 18 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 19 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 20 2 weeks Europe trip
- 21 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 22 Transportation
- 23 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 24 4 days in Provence in early June
- 25 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
Hi Fellow travellers,