Hi Fellow travellers,
I'm in the process of planning a 2 week trip to Slovenia in late June 2012. We will be 3 adults and 3 teens (12,15,18). I was thinking of renting an apartement in Ljubljana for 5 to 7 days and proceed from there on several day trips. Don't know if it is realistic to travel to Mokrice for the day from ljubljana and catch certain sights along the way such as the Sticna abbey, and both the Otocec and Bogensperk castles and head back to Ljubljana all within the same day.
Other day trips will include Skofja Loka, Postojna cave, Skocjan caves,Prejama,Lipica Celje and Ptuj. Should we also plan to visit Maribor ?? (how many days?)
We would also like to spend 3 days in Bled taking a day trip with 3 glav adventure and going to see vintgar gorge.
We also plan 3 nights in Piran one of which will be spent in Venise and the other visiting the salt mines.
Would love advice as to the best spa experience in an authentic setting not too commercialized.
I was also wondering if it was worth it to cross the border and visit plitvice lakes in Croatia. According to mapquest the distance between Ljubljana and the lakes is about 3 hours and doable in one long day.
Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially of places and things we must do.
Help with itinerary for Slovenia
Hi Fellow travellers,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Innsbruck or Interlaken/Jungfrau for winter activities in May
- 2 Train from Barcelona-Saints to Estacio de Franca
- 3 700 die off Italian coast in boat accident.
- 4 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 5 Monet's Giverny
- 6 wedding abroad
- 7 2 Weeks in Spain for a wedding in Leon.
- 8 ferry messina to reggio calabria
- 9 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 10 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 4 First Evening in Vienna
- 11 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 12 Three weeks in Italy with a two-year old
- 13 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 14 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 15 Cookware in France
- 16 Vespa Tour - Florence
- 17 apartment
- 18 Biking from The Hague to Rotterdam
- 19 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 20 Vaucluse Lavander
- 21 Recommended drivers for Tuscany
- 22 Tuscany-private driver for hire?
- 23 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 24 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 25 English language info/site for Belgium bus services