Hi Fellow travellers,
I'm in the process of planning a 2 week trip to Slovenia in late June 2012. We will be 3 adults and 3 teens (12,15,18). I was thinking of renting an apartement in Ljubljana for 5 to 7 days and proceed from there on several day trips. Don't know if it is realistic to travel to Mokrice for the day from ljubljana and catch certain sights along the way such as the Sticna abbey, and both the Otocec and Bogensperk castles and head back to Ljubljana all within the same day.
Other day trips will include Skofja Loka, Postojna cave, Skocjan caves,Prejama,Lipica Celje and Ptuj. Should we also plan to visit Maribor ?? (how many days?)
We would also like to spend 3 days in Bled taking a day trip with 3 glav adventure and going to see vintgar gorge.
We also plan 3 nights in Piran one of which will be spent in Venise and the other visiting the salt mines.
Would love advice as to the best spa experience in an authentic setting not too commercialized.
I was also wondering if it was worth it to cross the border and visit plitvice lakes in Croatia. According to mapquest the distance between Ljubljana and the lakes is about 3 hours and doable in one long day.
Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially of places and things we must do.
Help with itinerary for Slovenia
Hi Fellow travellers,
- 1 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 2 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 3 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 7 Novels set in Greece
- 8 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 9 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 10 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 11 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 12 Planning a holiday
- 13 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 14 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 17 15 days in Europe,
- 18 Medieval Tallinn
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 21 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 22 Need help planning a trip for 2 18 year old girls
- 23 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 24 Milan to Venice on Trenitalia for as little as 9 Euros
- 25 Spain - Andalucia