Hi Fellow travellers,
I'm in the process of planning a 2 week trip to Slovenia in late June 2012. We will be 3 adults and 3 teens (12,15,18). I was thinking of renting an apartement in Ljubljana for 5 to 7 days and proceed from there on several day trips. Don't know if it is realistic to travel to Mokrice for the day from ljubljana and catch certain sights along the way such as the Sticna abbey, and both the Otocec and Bogensperk castles and head back to Ljubljana all within the same day.
Other day trips will include Skofja Loka, Postojna cave, Skocjan caves,Prejama,Lipica Celje and Ptuj. Should we also plan to visit Maribor ?? (how many days?)
We would also like to spend 3 days in Bled taking a day trip with 3 glav adventure and going to see vintgar gorge.
We also plan 3 nights in Piran one of which will be spent in Venise and the other visiting the salt mines.
Would love advice as to the best spa experience in an authentic setting not too commercialized.
I was also wondering if it was worth it to cross the border and visit plitvice lakes in Croatia. According to mapquest the distance between Ljubljana and the lakes is about 3 hours and doable in one long day.
Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially of places and things we must do.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice: Te^ch SUPP0RT YAHOO CONTACT 1:8oo:570:1233 yahoo MAIL
- 2 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 3 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 4 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 5 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 8 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 9 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 10 Classical Tour of Albania
- 11 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 12 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 13 London GTG May 19-25
- 14 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 15 London and Normandy
- 16 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 17 Where to pick up rental car in Venice
- 18 Last night in Barcelona - where to stay
- 19 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 20 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 21 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 22 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 23 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 24 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 25 Naples + Walking Tour
Hi Fellow travellers,