Hi Fellow travellers,
I'm in the process of planning a 2 week trip to Slovenia in late June 2012. We will be 3 adults and 3 teens (12,15,18). I was thinking of renting an apartement in Ljubljana for 5 to 7 days and proceed from there on several day trips. Don't know if it is realistic to travel to Mokrice for the day from ljubljana and catch certain sights along the way such as the Sticna abbey, and both the Otocec and Bogensperk castles and head back to Ljubljana all within the same day.
Other day trips will include Skofja Loka, Postojna cave, Skocjan caves,Prejama,Lipica Celje and Ptuj. Should we also plan to visit Maribor ?? (how many days?)
We would also like to spend 3 days in Bled taking a day trip with 3 glav adventure and going to see vintgar gorge.
We also plan 3 nights in Piran one of which will be spent in Venise and the other visiting the salt mines.
Would love advice as to the best spa experience in an authentic setting not too commercialized.
I was also wondering if it was worth it to cross the border and visit plitvice lakes in Croatia. According to mapquest the distance between Ljubljana and the lakes is about 3 hours and doable in one long day.
Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially of places and things we must do.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 2 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 3 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 4 Scotland Trip Report
- 5 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 6 Charming areas to explore in London
- 7 Cinqueterre
- 8 stonehenge day trip from london
- 9 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 10 Trip to Ireland in September
- 11 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 12 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 13 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 14 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 15 Cornwall UK
- 16 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 17 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 18 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 19 Train tickets in Italy?
- 20 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 21 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 22 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 23 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 24 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 25 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
Hi Fellow travellers,