Hi Fellow travellers,
I'm in the process of planning a 2 week trip to Slovenia in late June 2012. We will be 3 adults and 3 teens (12,15,18). I was thinking of renting an apartement in Ljubljana for 5 to 7 days and proceed from there on several day trips. Don't know if it is realistic to travel to Mokrice for the day from ljubljana and catch certain sights along the way such as the Sticna abbey, and both the Otocec and Bogensperk castles and head back to Ljubljana all within the same day.
Other day trips will include Skofja Loka, Postojna cave, Skocjan caves,Prejama,Lipica Celje and Ptuj. Should we also plan to visit Maribor ?? (how many days?)
We would also like to spend 3 days in Bled taking a day trip with 3 glav adventure and going to see vintgar gorge.
We also plan 3 nights in Piran one of which will be spent in Venise and the other visiting the salt mines.
Would love advice as to the best spa experience in an authentic setting not too commercialized.
I was also wondering if it was worth it to cross the border and visit plitvice lakes in Croatia. According to mapquest the distance between Ljubljana and the lakes is about 3 hours and doable in one long day.
Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially of places and things we must do.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 2 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 3 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 4 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 5 Another tipping question: concierges
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 Trip suggestion
- 8 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 9 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 10 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 11 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 12 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 13 Spain in July
- 14 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 15 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 16 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 17 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 18 Acorn TV
- 19 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 20 Petrol in Greece
- 21 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
Hi Fellow travellers,