Hi Fellow travellers,
I'm in the process of planning a 2 week trip to Slovenia in late June 2012. We will be 3 adults and 3 teens (12,15,18). I was thinking of renting an apartement in Ljubljana for 5 to 7 days and proceed from there on several day trips. Don't know if it is realistic to travel to Mokrice for the day from ljubljana and catch certain sights along the way such as the Sticna abbey, and both the Otocec and Bogensperk castles and head back to Ljubljana all within the same day.
Other day trips will include Skofja Loka, Postojna cave, Skocjan caves,Prejama,Lipica Celje and Ptuj. Should we also plan to visit Maribor ?? (how many days?)
We would also like to spend 3 days in Bled taking a day trip with 3 glav adventure and going to see vintgar gorge.
We also plan 3 nights in Piran one of which will be spent in Venise and the other visiting the salt mines.
Would love advice as to the best spa experience in an authentic setting not too commercialized.
I was also wondering if it was worth it to cross the border and visit plitvice lakes in Croatia. According to mapquest the distance between Ljubljana and the lakes is about 3 hours and doable in one long day.
Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially of places and things we must do.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gluten Free in Italy
- 2 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 3 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 4 Plitvice, Rovinj and ?
- 5 Car rental in Paris
- 6 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 7 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 8 Canaries to Turkey in ten countries
- 9 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 10 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 11 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 12 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 13 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 14 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 15 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 16 Sentimental Journey
- 17 A few last minute questions
- 18 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 19 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 20 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 21 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 22 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 23 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 24 Stay away from EF Tours
- 25 French Vacation in Mid-America
Hi Fellow travellers,