Hi Fellow travellers,
I'm in the process of planning a 2 week trip to Slovenia in late June 2012. We will be 3 adults and 3 teens (12,15,18). I was thinking of renting an apartement in Ljubljana for 5 to 7 days and proceed from there on several day trips. Don't know if it is realistic to travel to Mokrice for the day from ljubljana and catch certain sights along the way such as the Sticna abbey, and both the Otocec and Bogensperk castles and head back to Ljubljana all within the same day.
Other day trips will include Skofja Loka, Postojna cave, Skocjan caves,Prejama,Lipica Celje and Ptuj. Should we also plan to visit Maribor ?? (how many days?)
We would also like to spend 3 days in Bled taking a day trip with 3 glav adventure and going to see vintgar gorge.
We also plan 3 nights in Piran one of which will be spent in Venise and the other visiting the salt mines.
Would love advice as to the best spa experience in an authentic setting not too commercialized.
I was also wondering if it was worth it to cross the border and visit plitvice lakes in Croatia. According to mapquest the distance between Ljubljana and the lakes is about 3 hours and doable in one long day.
Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially of places and things we must do.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 retruning to US with souveniers
- 2 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 3 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 4 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 5 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 11 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 14 Help on ancient history route
- 15 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 16 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 17 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 18 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 19 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 20 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 23 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 24 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 25 Hotels in Turin
Hi Fellow travellers,