Hi Fellow travellers,
I'm in the process of planning a 2 week trip to Slovenia in late June 2012. We will be 3 adults and 3 teens (12,15,18). I was thinking of renting an apartement in Ljubljana for 5 to 7 days and proceed from there on several day trips. Don't know if it is realistic to travel to Mokrice for the day from ljubljana and catch certain sights along the way such as the Sticna abbey, and both the Otocec and Bogensperk castles and head back to Ljubljana all within the same day.
Other day trips will include Skofja Loka, Postojna cave, Skocjan caves,Prejama,Lipica Celje and Ptuj. Should we also plan to visit Maribor ?? (how many days?)
We would also like to spend 3 days in Bled taking a day trip with 3 glav adventure and going to see vintgar gorge.
We also plan 3 nights in Piran one of which will be spent in Venise and the other visiting the salt mines.
Would love advice as to the best spa experience in an authentic setting not too commercialized.
I was also wondering if it was worth it to cross the border and visit plitvice lakes in Croatia. According to mapquest the distance between Ljubljana and the lakes is about 3 hours and doable in one long day.
Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially of places and things we must do.
Help with itinerary for Slovenia
Hi Fellow travellers,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 2 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 3 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 4 What are the best places to see in England
- 5 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 6 Reims for a day
- 7 Indus Tours in Turkey
- 8 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 9 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 10 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 11 Estonia Amber
- 12 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 13 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 14 TRAVEL TURKEY
- 15 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 16 Bosna i Hercegovina
- 17 HOTELS IN ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- 18 Heli Tour
- 19 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 20 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 21 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 22 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 23 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 24 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 25 Not hot in Europe in July?