My son would love to explore some castles to celebrate his 7th birthday (weekend of Nov 2nd). I'm thinking of the area around Munich or Frankfurt. Problem is, I only can get away for the weekend (flying from Helsinki). We would love to stay in a castle too! Can anyone help me with this itinerary? I was considering Ludwig's Castle and then Legoland but that might be too much. I'll rent a car so we can be on our own schedule. Any thoughts and ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Help with itinerary for a Weekend Castle adventure in Germany
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 3 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 4 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 5 Greek islands from Turkey
- 6 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 7 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 8 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 9 Rome Accommodation
- 10 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 11 rent car / Munich
- 12 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 13 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 14 Italian Lakes gardens
- 15 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 16 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 17 TGV and Provence questions
- 18 Novels set in Greece
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 To Paris and Provence in June
- 21 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 22 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 23 More help with housing in Puglia
- 24 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 25 Euro Train