My husband and I are active adults who will be visiting Italy in September. We'll be flying into Venice (3 days) then taking the train to Florence (5 days) where we plan in taking a day tour to Sienna and one toTuscany. After Florence we'll take the train to Cinque Terre (2days) with a stop over in Pisa. Then on to Rome (4 days) before heading south to Sorrento (3 days) and back to Rome (1 day) before flying home because we couldn't get flights out of Naples. We really want to visit all these places and explore the countryside but are wondering if it's worth dragging our luggage on all those trains. Would we be better off taking day trips to from Florence to Cinque Terre and Pisa then take the train from Florence directly to Rome?
Help with Itinerary
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Which travel plan?
- 2 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 5 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 6 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 7 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 8 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 9 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 10 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 11 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 12 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 13 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 14 London for Christmas
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 20 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 21 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 22 first european holiday itinery
- 23 7 days in Andalucia
- 24 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 25 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome