My husband and I are active adults who will be visiting Italy in September. We'll be flying into Venice (3 days) then taking the train to Florence (5 days) where we plan in taking a day tour to Sienna and one toTuscany. After Florence we'll take the train to Cinque Terre (2days) with a stop over in Pisa. Then on to Rome (4 days) before heading south to Sorrento (3 days) and back to Rome (1 day) before flying home because we couldn't get flights out of Naples. We really want to visit all these places and explore the countryside but are wondering if it's worth dragging our luggage on all those trains. Would we be better off taking day trips to from Florence to Cinque Terre and Pisa then take the train from Florence directly to Rome?
Help with Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 2 Arc de Triumph Question
- 3 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 4 Greek ferries
- 5 Fashion for larger man?
- 6 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 7 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 8 german rail ticket question
- 9 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 10 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 11 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 12 Prague flea markets
- 13 Madrid and London
- 14 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 15 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 16 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 17 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 18 Pegasus Airlines for domestic flights in Turkey. Luggage?
- 19 Monet in Normandy
- 20 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 21 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 22 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 23 Berlin flea markets during the week???
- 24 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 25 Trieste and Koper