My husband and I are active adults who will be visiting Italy in September. We'll be flying into Venice (3 days) then taking the train to Florence (5 days) where we plan in taking a day tour to Sienna and one toTuscany. After Florence we'll take the train to Cinque Terre (2days) with a stop over in Pisa. Then on to Rome (4 days) before heading south to Sorrento (3 days) and back to Rome (1 day) before flying home because we couldn't get flights out of Naples. We really want to visit all these places and explore the countryside but are wondering if it's worth dragging our luggage on all those trains. Would we be better off taking day trips to from Florence to Cinque Terre and Pisa then take the train from Florence directly to Rome?
Help with Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 2 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 3 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 4 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 5 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 6 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 7 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 8 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 9 Toulouse and beyond -
- 10 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 11 museum passes in Rome
- 12 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 13 Lavender Fields
- 14 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 15 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 16 Nice Video about Poland
- 17 Where to stay in Rome
- 18 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 19 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 20 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 21 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 22 Munich
- 23 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 24 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 25 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?