My husband and I are active adults who will be visiting Italy in September. We'll be flying into Venice (3 days) then taking the train to Florence (5 days) where we plan in taking a day tour to Sienna and one toTuscany. After Florence we'll take the train to Cinque Terre (2days) with a stop over in Pisa. Then on to Rome (4 days) before heading south to Sorrento (3 days) and back to Rome (1 day) before flying home because we couldn't get flights out of Naples. We really want to visit all these places and explore the countryside but are wondering if it's worth dragging our luggage on all those trains. Would we be better off taking day trips to from Florence to Cinque Terre and Pisa then take the train from Florence directly to Rome?
Help with Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Basque region
- 2 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 3 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 4 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 5 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 6 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 7 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 8 Italy Countryside
- 9 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 10 VISA question
- 11 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 12 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 13 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 14 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 15 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 16 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 17 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 18 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 19 France,Spain,Italy
- 20 Scotland November 2015
- 21 Which european city?
- 22 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 23 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 24 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 25 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?