My husband and I are active adults who will be visiting Italy in September. We'll be flying into Venice (3 days) then taking the train to Florence (5 days) where we plan in taking a day tour to Sienna and one toTuscany. After Florence we'll take the train to Cinque Terre (2days) with a stop over in Pisa. Then on to Rome (4 days) before heading south to Sorrento (3 days) and back to Rome (1 day) before flying home because we couldn't get flights out of Naples. We really want to visit all these places and explore the countryside but are wondering if it's worth dragging our luggage on all those trains. Would we be better off taking day trips to from Florence to Cinque Terre and Pisa then take the train from Florence directly to Rome?
Help with Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 2 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 3 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 4 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 5 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 6 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 7 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 8 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 9 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 10 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 11 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 12 9 days in turkey
- 13 Burg Eltz
- 14 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 15 Germany-berlin marathon
- 16 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 17 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 18 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 19 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 20 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 21 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 22 itinerary help
- 23 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 24 Nice Video about Poland
- 25 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!