My husband and I are active adults who will be visiting Italy in September. We'll be flying into Venice (3 days) then taking the train to Florence (5 days) where we plan in taking a day tour to Sienna and one toTuscany. After Florence we'll take the train to Cinque Terre (2days) with a stop over in Pisa. Then on to Rome (4 days) before heading south to Sorrento (3 days) and back to Rome (1 day) before flying home because we couldn't get flights out of Naples. We really want to visit all these places and explore the countryside but are wondering if it's worth dragging our luggage on all those trains. Would we be better off taking day trips to from Florence to Cinque Terre and Pisa then take the train from Florence directly to Rome?
Help with Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 2 Fashion for larger man?
- 3 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 4 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 5 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 6 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 7 Traveling in France by train
- 8 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 9 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 10 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 11 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 12 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 13 Sicily - not a trip report
- 14 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 17 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 18 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 19 car rental advice in Portugal
- 20 Fjords, How To?
- 21 Duoro river cruises
- 22 What to wear
- 23 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 24 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 25 Budget for 3 Month's