My husband and I are active adults who will be visiting Italy in September. We'll be flying into Venice (3 days) then taking the train to Florence (5 days) where we plan in taking a day tour to Sienna and one toTuscany. After Florence we'll take the train to Cinque Terre (2days) with a stop over in Pisa. Then on to Rome (4 days) before heading south to Sorrento (3 days) and back to Rome (1 day) before flying home because we couldn't get flights out of Naples. We really want to visit all these places and explore the countryside but are wondering if it's worth dragging our luggage on all those trains. Would we be better off taking day trips to from Florence to Cinque Terre and Pisa then take the train from Florence directly to Rome?
Help with Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 2 Base in Puglia: Ostuni or Locorotondo
- 3 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 4 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 5 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 6 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 7 Paris apartment choices?
- 8 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 9 Car travel within Regensburg during the Christmas season
- 10 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 11 Hey Fodor's
- 12 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 13 What to do on drive from Garmisch to Munich for a full day
- 14 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 15 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 16 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 17 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 18 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 19 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 20 Olive Oil
- 21 Question about Madrid to Toledo
- 22 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 23 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 24 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 25 Venice cruise terminal to San Marcos, and San Marcos to airport?