We are going on a trip in mid February '13 to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. This is actually a part of a 17-day trip (London and Paris are on the front and back ends), but my focus for right now is this piece of it.
Our original plan was to do four nights in each city. We are definitely committed to the order stated above. We're flying into Prague, taking the train to Vienna and flying out of Budapest. However, we've been to Prague before and are wondering if it would be better to do three nights in Prague and add an extra night to either Vienna or Budapest. It seems that Budapest is very affordable, so ideally we'd spend more time there but ultimately we want the extra day where it would be most enjoyable.
My husband and I are in our mid 40's and have traveled to Europe several times. We love to walk around cities, see the architecture, cafes, cathedrals and the people. We like museums to a small extent and a tiny bit of shopping (window mainly) but are not interested in night life. We're tourists so we always like to see the main sites.
I would love to hear recommendations on a possibly better way to break this up (e.g. three in Prague, four in another, etc.) and if you have any other recommendations while we're in these places.
Help with Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 2 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 3 Back home problems with sim card
- 4 Budapest
- 5 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 6 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 7 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 8 Bikerscott & Jamikins in Portugal 2010/2011
- 9 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 10 Budapest--baggage storage
- 11 Which hostel in Cinque Terre?
- 12 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 13 sim card for Prague, Budapest, and Vienna
- 14 Taxi in Rome from airport to city
- 15 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 16 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 17 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 18 How do you find French food?
- 19 Day trips from Seville
- 20 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 21 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 22 GPS in Tuscany
- 23 Are Tatras worth the trip?
- 24 Best day to look for economic flights
- 25 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?