We are going on a trip in mid February '13 to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. This is actually a part of a 17-day trip (London and Paris are on the front and back ends), but my focus for right now is this piece of it.
Our original plan was to do four nights in each city. We are definitely committed to the order stated above. We're flying into Prague, taking the train to Vienna and flying out of Budapest. However, we've been to Prague before and are wondering if it would be better to do three nights in Prague and add an extra night to either Vienna or Budapest. It seems that Budapest is very affordable, so ideally we'd spend more time there but ultimately we want the extra day where it would be most enjoyable.
My husband and I are in our mid 40's and have traveled to Europe several times. We love to walk around cities, see the architecture, cafes, cathedrals and the people. We like museums to a small extent and a tiny bit of shopping (window mainly) but are not interested in night life. We're tourists so we always like to see the main sites.
I would love to hear recommendations on a possibly better way to break this up (e.g. three in Prague, four in another, etc.) and if you have any other recommendations while we're in these places.
Help with Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 2 Airport ATMs
- 3 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 4 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 5 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 6 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 7 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 8 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 9 Budget family trip to Europe
- 10 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 11 By train to and out of Prague
- 12 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 13 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 14 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 15 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 16 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 17 5 Observations About Paris
- 18 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 19 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 20 Berlin
- 21 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 22 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 23 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 24 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 25 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips