We are going on a trip in mid February '13 to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. This is actually a part of a 17-day trip (London and Paris are on the front and back ends), but my focus for right now is this piece of it.
Our original plan was to do four nights in each city. We are definitely committed to the order stated above. We're flying into Prague, taking the train to Vienna and flying out of Budapest. However, we've been to Prague before and are wondering if it would be better to do three nights in Prague and add an extra night to either Vienna or Budapest. It seems that Budapest is very affordable, so ideally we'd spend more time there but ultimately we want the extra day where it would be most enjoyable.
My husband and I are in our mid 40's and have traveled to Europe several times. We love to walk around cities, see the architecture, cafes, cathedrals and the people. We like museums to a small extent and a tiny bit of shopping (window mainly) but are not interested in night life. We're tourists so we always like to see the main sites.
I would love to hear recommendations on a possibly better way to break this up (e.g. three in Prague, four in another, etc.) and if you have any other recommendations while we're in these places.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Veggietown for Vegetarian Restaurants
- 2 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 3 Insurance on rental car options
- 4 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 5 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 6 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 7 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 8 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 9 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 10 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 11 Keukenhof in May?
- 12 Happy birthday ATM
- 13 24 hours in Paris
- 14 Istanbul at Easter
- 15 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 16 tickets for Wimbledon
- 17 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 18 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 19 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 20 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 23 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 24 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 25 Renting a car in Greece