We are going on a trip in mid February '13 to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. This is actually a part of a 17-day trip (London and Paris are on the front and back ends), but my focus for right now is this piece of it.
Our original plan was to do four nights in each city. We are definitely committed to the order stated above. We're flying into Prague, taking the train to Vienna and flying out of Budapest. However, we've been to Prague before and are wondering if it would be better to do three nights in Prague and add an extra night to either Vienna or Budapest. It seems that Budapest is very affordable, so ideally we'd spend more time there but ultimately we want the extra day where it would be most enjoyable.
My husband and I are in our mid 40's and have traveled to Europe several times. We love to walk around cities, see the architecture, cafes, cathedrals and the people. We like museums to a small extent and a tiny bit of shopping (window mainly) but are not interested in night life. We're tourists so we always like to see the main sites.
I would love to hear recommendations on a possibly better way to break this up (e.g. three in Prague, four in another, etc.) and if you have any other recommendations while we're in these places.
Help with Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 2 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 3 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 4 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 5 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 6 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 7 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 8 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 11 What to wear
- 12 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 13 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 14 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 15 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 16 Bologna airport to train to Florence
- 17 Gargano Promontory
- 18 London neighborhood suggestions
- 19 Bologna tips
- 20 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 21 Day Trips From Stockton-on-Tees
- 22 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 23 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 24 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 25 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person