We are going on a trip in mid February '13 to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. This is actually a part of a 17-day trip (London and Paris are on the front and back ends), but my focus for right now is this piece of it.
Our original plan was to do four nights in each city. We are definitely committed to the order stated above. We're flying into Prague, taking the train to Vienna and flying out of Budapest. However, we've been to Prague before and are wondering if it would be better to do three nights in Prague and add an extra night to either Vienna or Budapest. It seems that Budapest is very affordable, so ideally we'd spend more time there but ultimately we want the extra day where it would be most enjoyable.
My husband and I are in our mid 40's and have traveled to Europe several times. We love to walk around cities, see the architecture, cafes, cathedrals and the people. We like museums to a small extent and a tiny bit of shopping (window mainly) but are not interested in night life. We're tourists so we always like to see the main sites.
I would love to hear recommendations on a possibly better way to break this up (e.g. three in Prague, four in another, etc.) and if you have any other recommendations while we're in these places.
Help with Itinerary
- 1 Need help with Itinerary for Spain & France March
- 2 Private Guide for Istanbul
- 3 14 days to travel Europe...topdeck vs busabout
- 4 insider tours in berlin
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 University survey for Bulgarian tourism
- 8 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 9 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 10 Two weeks or so in Belgium and Netherlands
- 11 8 days in Malta - Itinerary Suggestions
- 12 Paris in August with family
- 13 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 14 Lithuania is absolutely not European state
- 15 which cities in umbria to visit
- 16 Europe Tour Companies May/June 2014 (24 yr old & Nana)
- 17 Trondheim, Norway: 3 days in January
- 18 Car Rental Return @ CDG..and Transportation Options After
- 19 Best Airline to use from Perth to Amsterdam
- 20 Unknown regions in the Czech republic
- 21 Hallwag maps
- 22 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 23 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 24 River Palace or Victoria Hotel
- 25 London Airport Expansion Recommendations Offered: