We are going on a trip in mid February '13 to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. This is actually a part of a 17-day trip (London and Paris are on the front and back ends), but my focus for right now is this piece of it.
Our original plan was to do four nights in each city. We are definitely committed to the order stated above. We're flying into Prague, taking the train to Vienna and flying out of Budapest. However, we've been to Prague before and are wondering if it would be better to do three nights in Prague and add an extra night to either Vienna or Budapest. It seems that Budapest is very affordable, so ideally we'd spend more time there but ultimately we want the extra day where it would be most enjoyable.
My husband and I are in our mid 40's and have traveled to Europe several times. We love to walk around cities, see the architecture, cafes, cathedrals and the people. We like museums to a small extent and a tiny bit of shopping (window mainly) but are not interested in night life. We're tourists so we always like to see the main sites.
I would love to hear recommendations on a possibly better way to break this up (e.g. three in Prague, four in another, etc.) and if you have any other recommendations while we're in these places.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 Dolomites October 14-18
- 3 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 4 Switzerland itinerary help
- 5 Sept. 2016. GTG...possibly 14th-17th
- 6 Renting a car in Florence
- 7 Trains France/Switzerland
- 8 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 9 Charles Degaulle question
- 10 Hammams in Spain
- 11 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 12 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 13 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 14 Train rides
- 15 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 16 Austria
- 17 Where to study abroad in Scandinavia?
- 18 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 19 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 20 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 21 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 22 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 23 First time in Italy
- 24 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 25 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)