We are going on a trip in mid February '13 to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. This is actually a part of a 17-day trip (London and Paris are on the front and back ends), but my focus for right now is this piece of it.
Our original plan was to do four nights in each city. We are definitely committed to the order stated above. We're flying into Prague, taking the train to Vienna and flying out of Budapest. However, we've been to Prague before and are wondering if it would be better to do three nights in Prague and add an extra night to either Vienna or Budapest. It seems that Budapest is very affordable, so ideally we'd spend more time there but ultimately we want the extra day where it would be most enjoyable.
My husband and I are in our mid 40's and have traveled to Europe several times. We love to walk around cities, see the architecture, cafes, cathedrals and the people. We like museums to a small extent and a tiny bit of shopping (window mainly) but are not interested in night life. We're tourists so we always like to see the main sites.
I would love to hear recommendations on a possibly better way to break this up (e.g. three in Prague, four in another, etc.) and if you have any other recommendations while we're in these places.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 2 Travel vs. Babies
- 3 Italy's central lakes!
- 4 Which is the nearest London airport to reach loughton
- 5 Europe in late January
- 6 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 7 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 8 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 9 Will you skip Vienna for other city?
- 10 UBER in England
- 11 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 12 Lisbon guided sightseeing tours
- 13 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 14 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 15 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 16 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 17 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 18 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 19 What is the area around Camaiore like?
- 20 Andalucia in December
- 21 England and Wales by public transport
- 22 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 23 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 24 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 25 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?