We are going on a trip in mid February '13 to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. This is actually a part of a 17-day trip (London and Paris are on the front and back ends), but my focus for right now is this piece of it.
Our original plan was to do four nights in each city. We are definitely committed to the order stated above. We're flying into Prague, taking the train to Vienna and flying out of Budapest. However, we've been to Prague before and are wondering if it would be better to do three nights in Prague and add an extra night to either Vienna or Budapest. It seems that Budapest is very affordable, so ideally we'd spend more time there but ultimately we want the extra day where it would be most enjoyable.
My husband and I are in our mid 40's and have traveled to Europe several times. We love to walk around cities, see the architecture, cafes, cathedrals and the people. We like museums to a small extent and a tiny bit of shopping (window mainly) but are not interested in night life. We're tourists so we always like to see the main sites.
I would love to hear recommendations on a possibly better way to break this up (e.g. three in Prague, four in another, etc.) and if you have any other recommendations while we're in these places.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 2 Hotel advice
- 3 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 4 Taormina, Sicily
- 5 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 6 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 7 Munich, Germany
- 8 Local Paris Restaurants?
- 9 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 10 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 11 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 12 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 13 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 14 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 15 Recommendations needed for rentals in the Tuscan countryside
- 16 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 17 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 18 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 19 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 20 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 21 What to see in Dresden...
- 22 Tour or independent
- 23 Iceland for 11 days in March
- 24 Sliema, Malta
- 25 Vet my itinerary