My wife and I will be in Portugal for 10 days in late May, flying into Lisbon and out of Porto. We won't have a car, and so will be dependent on public transportation.
We travel to eat, so we're interested mostly in food and culture.
Our plan is to spend 3 or 4 days in Lisbon (including a day trip to Sintra), and then another couple days in Porto on the far end of the trip.
I would love some suggestions for what to do in the middle. Given the length of the trip, we have 2-3 days, and I think would like to spend it in 1 or maybe 2 places (to minimize time spent traveling).
Keeping in mind that it needs to be accessible via public transportation, and that we need to get from Lisbon to Porto, I would love any suggestions people have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 4 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 5 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 6 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 7 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 8 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 9 Another tipping question: concierges
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 12 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 13 Spain in July
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Acropolis Athens
- 16 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 17 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 18 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 19 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 20 We're here!
- 21 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 22 Trip Ideas
- 23 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017