My wife and I will be in Portugal for 10 days in late May, flying into Lisbon and out of Porto. We won't have a car, and so will be dependent on public transportation.
We travel to eat, so we're interested mostly in food and culture.
Our plan is to spend 3 or 4 days in Lisbon (including a day trip to Sintra), and then another couple days in Porto on the far end of the trip.
I would love some suggestions for what to do in the middle. Given the length of the trip, we have 2-3 days, and I think would like to spend it in 1 or maybe 2 places (to minimize time spent traveling).
Keeping in mind that it needs to be accessible via public transportation, and that we need to get from Lisbon to Porto, I would love any suggestions people have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 2 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 3 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 4 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 7 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 8 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 9 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 10 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 11 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 12 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 13 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 14 Help required with Itinerary
- 15 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 16 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 17 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 18 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 19 Campervan in Croatia
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 22 Cell Phone Question
- 23 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 24 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 25 K-Day