My wife and I will be in Portugal for 10 days in late May, flying into Lisbon and out of Porto. We won't have a car, and so will be dependent on public transportation.
We travel to eat, so we're interested mostly in food and culture.
Our plan is to spend 3 or 4 days in Lisbon (including a day trip to Sintra), and then another couple days in Porto on the far end of the trip.
I would love some suggestions for what to do in the middle. Given the length of the trip, we have 2-3 days, and I think would like to spend it in 1 or maybe 2 places (to minimize time spent traveling).
Keeping in mind that it needs to be accessible via public transportation, and that we need to get from Lisbon to Porto, I would love any suggestions people have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 2 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 6 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 7 Milan or Turin
- 8 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Barcelona alternative
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 17 Iceland early december visit
- 18 Frankfurt to UK
- 19 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 20 God Save the Queen?
- 21 Road trip with our dog
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 Spanish Medical Providers