First post in what I suspect will be many. In April 2016, my wife and I will be making our first trip to Italy. We arrive in Rome on April 7 and flyout of Venice on the 23rd. We booked the flights last weekend and so far have booked a small apartment near the Pantheon from April 7-12. We plan on wrapping up our trip in Venice from the 18th to the 23rd,
We are looking for assistance on what to do from the 12th to the 18th.. We are a middle aged couple that plan on enjoying museums, churches, architecture etc. on this our first trip to Europe. We are travelling on a tight budget; no set amount but our we will need to make sensible decisions while there. To give you an idea on what we love, a perfect day on a nyc vacation would be spent at the metropolitan museum.Donna would prefer that we not rent a car on this trip due to the stress that it would cause.
One model that we have considered for after leaving Rome is to take the train to Cirque Terre for two nights and then go to Florence for the remaining four nights.
I ask you what would you suggest we experience for the 6 open nights of our trip? Really looking forward to your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Iceland for Nine Days
- 3 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 4 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 5 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 8 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 9 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 12 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 15 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 16 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 17 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 18 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 19 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 20 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 21 3 day trip to iceland
- 22 Alitala
- 23 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 24 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more