First post in what I suspect will be many. In April 2016, my wife and I will be making our first trip to Italy. We arrive in Rome on April 7 and flyout of Venice on the 23rd. We booked the flights last weekend and so far have booked a small apartment near the Pantheon from April 7-12. We plan on wrapping up our trip in Venice from the 18th to the 23rd,
We are looking for assistance on what to do from the 12th to the 18th.. We are a middle aged couple that plan on enjoying museums, churches, architecture etc. on this our first trip to Europe. We are travelling on a tight budget; no set amount but our we will need to make sensible decisions while there. To give you an idea on what we love, a perfect day on a nyc vacation would be spent at the metropolitan museum.Donna would prefer that we not rent a car on this trip due to the stress that it would cause.
One model that we have considered for after leaving Rome is to take the train to Cirque Terre for two nights and then go to Florence for the remaining four nights.
I ask you what would you suggest we experience for the 6 open nights of our trip? Really looking forward to your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour groups
- 2 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 3 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 4 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 5 Ireland in April
- 6 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 7 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 10 So much to do, so little time!
- 11 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 12 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 13 Baby Milk
- 14 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 15 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 16 French restaurants
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 20 Driving in Italy?
- 21 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 22 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 23 Super Cover For Hertz
- 24 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 25 Amalfi coast hotel recs