First post in what I suspect will be many. In April 2016, my wife and I will be making our first trip to Italy. We arrive in Rome on April 7 and flyout of Venice on the 23rd. We booked the flights last weekend and so far have booked a small apartment near the Pantheon from April 7-12. We plan on wrapping up our trip in Venice from the 18th to the 23rd,
We are looking for assistance on what to do from the 12th to the 18th.. We are a middle aged couple that plan on enjoying museums, churches, architecture etc. on this our first trip to Europe. We are travelling on a tight budget; no set amount but our we will need to make sensible decisions while there. To give you an idea on what we love, a perfect day on a nyc vacation would be spent at the metropolitan museum.Donna would prefer that we not rent a car on this trip due to the stress that it would cause.
One model that we have considered for after leaving Rome is to take the train to Cirque Terre for two nights and then go to Florence for the remaining four nights.
I ask you what would you suggest we experience for the 6 open nights of our trip? Really looking forward to your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 2 Best layover option
- 3 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 4 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 5 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 6 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 7 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 8 Berlin
- 9 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 10 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 11 3 days solo in London
- 12 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 13 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 14 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 15 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 16 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 17 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 18 Rethinking my late September vacation in Madrid/Andalusia – Italy instead?
- 19 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 22 3 months in Bristol
- 23 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 24 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 25 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area