First post in what I suspect will be many. In April 2016, my wife and I will be making our first trip to Italy. We arrive in Rome on April 7 and flyout of Venice on the 23rd. We booked the flights last weekend and so far have booked a small apartment near the Pantheon from April 7-12. We plan on wrapping up our trip in Venice from the 18th to the 23rd,
We are looking for assistance on what to do from the 12th to the 18th.. We are a middle aged couple that plan on enjoying museums, churches, architecture etc. on this our first trip to Europe. We are travelling on a tight budget; no set amount but our we will need to make sensible decisions while there. To give you an idea on what we love, a perfect day on a nyc vacation would be spent at the metropolitan museum.Donna would prefer that we not rent a car on this trip due to the stress that it would cause.
One model that we have considered for after leaving Rome is to take the train to Cirque Terre for two nights and then go to Florence for the remaining four nights.
I ask you what would you suggest we experience for the 6 open nights of our trip? Really looking forward to your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 2 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 3 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 4 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 5 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 6 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 9 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 10 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 11 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 12 Short Trip in July
- 13 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 14 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 15 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 16 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 17 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 18 Cell Phone Question
- 19 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 20 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 21 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 22 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 23 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 24 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 25 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne