I am a woman in my late 20's and am planning my first trip to Europe since I studied abroad in Finland during college. I love art/architecture/culture/history. I am not into the party life.
I am traveling to Italy this fall for the first time. For the bulk of my trip, I will be on a 8 night hiking/biking tour of the Amalfi Coast. Through the organized group tour Ciclismo Classico, I am staying in Positano 3 nights, Ravello 2 nights and S. Maria del Castellabate 3 nights. I have already placed my deposit on the tour, so this cannot change. The rest of the time, I will be solo.
Things the tour covers: tons of hiking/biking through Positano, Ravello, Paestum, Capri and more, Villa Jovis, Villa Cimbrone gardens, Paestum Greek temples
Things the tour does not cover that I am interested in: major cities and their museums, Pompeii/Herculaneum
My question is what I should do with my remaining time in Italy (an extra 6-7 days)? I am coming from the US, and have yet to make my flight. I have requested the time off work, but if it would help to adjust my dates around the tour I could change it so that all my solo time is at the beginning of the trip.
The following Itinerary is all Rome and Southern Italy. I feel like I might be able to fit another major city in there--maybe Florence, but I am not sure. It seems like there is a lot to do in Rome.
Wednesday, October 5th: Board plane from USA to Italy
Thursday, October 6th: Arrive morning in Italy; either arrive into Rome and catch a train to Naples directly, or fly into Naples, spend night in Naples
Friday, October 7th: See Pompeii and/or Herculaneum; spend night in Naples
Saturday, October 8th: Join tour group at Salerno train station at 12 pm for transfer to Positano
Sunday, October 9th - Saturday, October 15th: Hiking/biking tour
Sunday, October 16th: Leave tour group at Agropolis train station in the morning; travel to Rome. Intro walking tour of Rome. Overnight in Rome near Spanish Steps.
Monday, October 17th: Rome; Colosseum/Forum/Palatine Hill
Tuesday, October 18th: Rome: Vatican visit
Wednesday, October 19th: Rome: Borghese Gallery and Gardens
Thursday, October 20th: Day trip somewhere/catch a plane in Rome to the USA early??
Friday, October 21st: Catch a plane to the USA
Thanks for any feedback/help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 하이원리조트후기☛✑【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】✑☚하이원리조트후기
- 2 아시안카지노노→æ／／[ ＡＢＳ２３６.CｏM ]／／æ←슈퍼카지노
- 3 아시안카지노∫＼「⊣ ＡＢＳ２３６.CｏM ⊣」＼∫슈퍼카지노
- 4 강원랜드후기☛✐【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】✐☚강원랜드후기강원랜드후기
- 5 밤문화후기☛✏【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】✏☚밤문화후기밤문화후기
- 6 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 7 Perugia
- 8 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 9 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 10 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 11 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 12 Areas in Milan
- 13 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 14 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 15 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 16 Ireland itinerary help please
- 17 No Periods in British Written English!
- 18 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 19 CDG much improved
- 20 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 21 St Denis Cathedral
- 22 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 23 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 24 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy