I am a woman in my late 20's and am planning my first trip to Europe since I studied abroad in Finland during college. I love art/architecture/culture/history. I am not into the party life.
I am traveling to Italy this fall for the first time. For the bulk of my trip, I will be on a 8 night hiking/biking tour of the Amalfi Coast. Through the organized group tour Ciclismo Classico, I am staying in Positano 3 nights, Ravello 2 nights and S. Maria del Castellabate 3 nights. I have already placed my deposit on the tour, so this cannot change. The rest of the time, I will be solo.
Things the tour covers: tons of hiking/biking through Positano, Ravello, Paestum, Capri and more, Villa Jovis, Villa Cimbrone gardens, Paestum Greek temples
Things the tour does not cover that I am interested in: major cities and their museums, Pompeii/Herculaneum
My question is what I should do with my remaining time in Italy (an extra 6-7 days)? I am coming from the US, and have yet to make my flight. I have requested the time off work, but if it would help to adjust my dates around the tour I could change it so that all my solo time is at the beginning of the trip.
The following Itinerary is all Rome and Southern Italy. I feel like I might be able to fit another major city in there--maybe Florence, but I am not sure. It seems like there is a lot to do in Rome.
Wednesday, October 5th: Board plane from USA to Italy
Thursday, October 6th: Arrive morning in Italy; either arrive into Rome and catch a train to Naples directly, or fly into Naples, spend night in Naples
Friday, October 7th: See Pompeii and/or Herculaneum; spend night in Naples
Saturday, October 8th: Join tour group at Salerno train station at 12 pm for transfer to Positano
Sunday, October 9th - Saturday, October 15th: Hiking/biking tour
Sunday, October 16th: Leave tour group at Agropolis train station in the morning; travel to Rome. Intro walking tour of Rome. Overnight in Rome near Spanish Steps.
Monday, October 17th: Rome; Colosseum/Forum/Palatine Hill
Tuesday, October 18th: Rome: Vatican visit
Wednesday, October 19th: Rome: Borghese Gallery and Gardens
Thursday, October 20th: Day trip somewhere/catch a plane in Rome to the USA early??
Friday, October 21st: Catch a plane to the USA
Thanks for any feedback/help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 강원랜드바카라┗❣┫NDS43。ZZ。AM┣❣┓슈퍼카지노강원랜드바카
- 2 우리바카라┗❥┫NDS43。ZZ。AM┣❥┓슈퍼카지노우리바카라
- 3 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 4 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 5 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 8 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 9 Questions about Polish sights
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 12 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 13 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 16 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 17 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 18 Ireland travel passport question
- 19 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 20 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 21 Italy
- 22 Revised itinerary for italy
- 23 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 24 Juangfrau / mt
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden