My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Ireland for March 2017. I am a bit overwhelmed due to all there is in Ireland to do. I want to make sure we make the most out of our time there. I would love itentiary recommendations from those with knowledge on Ireland!
We leave the States a Friday evening and land in Dublin Saturday morning at around 10 AM. We thought we would spend the first day exploring Ireland and taking it easy because we will probably have some jet lag. For Day 2, my boyfriend would like to do some golfing in Dublin. So we thought we'd do that day 2 and spend the night in Dublin.
We leave Saturday morning at 11.
We want to take a road trip leaving Monday morning from Dublin, needing to be back in Dublin Friday night because of our flight home Saturday morning.
this is where I get overwhelmed... I want to see as much as possible Monday-Friday but don't want to spend the whole time in the car driving. I am very open to recommendations. For my must see list, the cliffs of Mohr and the ring of Kerry. Has anyone done the Murals in Belfast? I think that is something my boyfriend would enjoy. I also want to spend one night at the Ashford Castle. I know it is expensive but it is rated one of the best castles and I think it would be worth it! Other than that we would like to stay on the more affordable side for lodging.
We will be renting a car from the Dublin airport and driving ourselves, in order to be able to make stops along the way whenever we want.
Hopefully I didn't babble too long. I so appreciate any feedback!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany 6 nights
- 2 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 3 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 4 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 5 Naples, Italy
- 6 Engadine Valley help
- 7 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 10 French restaurants
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 13 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 14 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 15 Planning a European Trip
- 16 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 17 France & Italy, May or June
- 18 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 19 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 20 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 21 San Sebastian
- 22 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 23 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 24 Lisbon trip report
- 25 restaurants in Marais district