My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Ireland for March 2017. I am a bit overwhelmed due to all there is in Ireland to do. I want to make sure we make the most out of our time there. I would love itentiary recommendations from those with knowledge on Ireland!
We leave the States a Friday evening and land in Dublin Saturday morning at around 10 AM. We thought we would spend the first day exploring Ireland and taking it easy because we will probably have some jet lag. For Day 2, my boyfriend would like to do some golfing in Dublin. So we thought we'd do that day 2 and spend the night in Dublin.
We leave Saturday morning at 11.
We want to take a road trip leaving Monday morning from Dublin, needing to be back in Dublin Friday night because of our flight home Saturday morning.
this is where I get overwhelmed... I want to see as much as possible Monday-Friday but don't want to spend the whole time in the car driving. I am very open to recommendations. For my must see list, the cliffs of Mohr and the ring of Kerry. Has anyone done the Murals in Belfast? I think that is something my boyfriend would enjoy. I also want to spend one night at the Ashford Castle. I know it is expensive but it is rated one of the best castles and I think it would be worth it! Other than that we would like to stay on the more affordable side for lodging.
We will be renting a car from the Dublin airport and driving ourselves, in order to be able to make stops along the way whenever we want.
Hopefully I didn't babble too long. I so appreciate any feedback!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Paris hotels
- 5 LONDON - New Years Eve
- 6 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 7 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Budapest in December 2017
- 10 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 11 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 12 Trek through Eur
- 13 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 14 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 15 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 16 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 17 Roma Pass
- 18 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 19 Amsterdam hotels
- 20 Denmark or Sweden?
- 21 Europe itinerary questions
- 22 London Hotels
- 23 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?