We are a young couple, going on our honeymoon in May (less than a month!). After reading so many messages in this forum, and getting StuDudley's itineraries, here are the outlines of our trip:
Day 1 (Fri) - Arrive 10am CDG
Day 2 to 11 - *Dordogne and Medoc* or *Dordogne and Aquitaine*, by car
Day 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 - Paris
Day 17 - Depart 11am
First question - How would you split (if at all) days 2 to 11. We might add day 12 if required.
Second question - How would you get to Dordogne area? By train to Bordeaux? By car from CDG on day 1? A flight is not an option for us.
Third question - How would you get to Paris on day 12? And where from?
I should say that we prefer places less traveled, more authentic, even if less fancy. My husband speaks French so this is not a problem.
Will appreciate any comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 2 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 3 Two days in Rome
- 4 London is it worth it?
- 5 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 6 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 7 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 8 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 9 International drivers permit
- 10 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 11 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 12 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 13 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 14 First visit to London
- 15 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 16 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 17 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 18 Naples + Walking Tour
- 19 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 20 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 21 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 22 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 23 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 24 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 25 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy