We are a young couple, going on our honeymoon in May (less than a month!). After reading so many messages in this forum, and getting StuDudley's itineraries, here are the outlines of our trip:
Day 1 (Fri) - Arrive 10am CDG
Day 2 to 11 - *Dordogne and Medoc* or *Dordogne and Aquitaine*, by car
Day 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 - Paris
Day 17 - Depart 11am
First question - How would you split (if at all) days 2 to 11. We might add day 12 if required.
Second question - How would you get to Dordogne area? By train to Bordeaux? By car from CDG on day 1? A flight is not an option for us.
Third question - How would you get to Paris on day 12? And where from?
I should say that we prefer places less traveled, more authentic, even if less fancy. My husband speaks French so this is not a problem.
Will appreciate any comments.
Help with info and opinions - France itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Banning Fodors
- 2 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 3 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 4 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 5 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 6 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 7 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 8 Eiffel tower tickets
- 9 4-6 weeks
- 10 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 11 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 12 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 13 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 14 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 15 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 16 Rome---August and September
- 17 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 18 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 19 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 20 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 21 France, Italy and Greec
- 22 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 23 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 24 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 25 South of France November Trip Report