We are a young couple, going on our honeymoon in May (less than a month!). After reading so many messages in this forum, and getting StuDudley's itineraries, here are the outlines of our trip:
Day 1 (Fri) - Arrive 10am CDG
Day 2 to 11 - *Dordogne and Medoc* or *Dordogne and Aquitaine*, by car
Day 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 - Paris
Day 17 - Depart 11am
First question - How would you split (if at all) days 2 to 11. We might add day 12 if required.
Second question - How would you get to Dordogne area? By train to Bordeaux? By car from CDG on day 1? A flight is not an option for us.
Third question - How would you get to Paris on day 12? And where from?
I should say that we prefer places less traveled, more authentic, even if less fancy. My husband speaks French so this is not a problem.
Will appreciate any comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Capo d'Orlando
- 2 European Championship
- 3 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 4 Edinburgh airport taxi recos?
- 5 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 6 Asian food and shopping in Dublin ????
- 7 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 8 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 9 What about Basque Country?
- 10 Greece Itinerary
- 11 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 12 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 13 Amsterdam Hotel
- 14 Amsterdam vs. France
- 15 Ireland ToDo
- 16 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 17 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 18 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 19 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 20 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 21 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 22 1 week in Malaga
- 23 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 24 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 25 Bus from montalcino to Firenze