We are a young couple, going on our honeymoon in May (less than a month!). After reading so many messages in this forum, and getting StuDudley's itineraries, here are the outlines of our trip:
Day 1 (Fri) - Arrive 10am CDG
Day 2 to 11 - *Dordogne and Medoc* or *Dordogne and Aquitaine*, by car
Day 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 - Paris
Day 17 - Depart 11am
First question - How would you split (if at all) days 2 to 11. We might add day 12 if required.
Second question - How would you get to Dordogne area? By train to Bordeaux? By car from CDG on day 1? A flight is not an option for us.
Third question - How would you get to Paris on day 12? And where from?
I should say that we prefer places less traveled, more authentic, even if less fancy. My husband speaks French so this is not a problem.
Will appreciate any comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 3 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 4 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 5 Poland to Austria In December
- 6 Tracking the Weather
- 7 Thinking about the Fjords
- 8 Camping on the Tour of Mont Blanc
- 9 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 10 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 11 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 12 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 13 Globus Iberian Tour
- 14 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 15 What are your St. Petersburg, Russia experiences?
- 16 base for Andalucia
- 17 Italy travel plan help
- 18 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 19 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 20 Budapest Card
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 23 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 24 road trip through scotland
- 25 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!