We are a young couple, going on our honeymoon in May (less than a month!). After reading so many messages in this forum, and getting StuDudley's itineraries, here are the outlines of our trip:
Day 1 (Fri) - Arrive 10am CDG
Day 2 to 11 - *Dordogne and Medoc* or *Dordogne and Aquitaine*, by car
Day 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 - Paris
Day 17 - Depart 11am
First question - How would you split (if at all) days 2 to 11. We might add day 12 if required.
Second question - How would you get to Dordogne area? By train to Bordeaux? By car from CDG on day 1? A flight is not an option for us.
Third question - How would you get to Paris on day 12? And where from?
I should say that we prefer places less traveled, more authentic, even if less fancy. My husband speaks French so this is not a problem.
Will appreciate any comments.
Help with info and opinions - France itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 2 Monet in Normandy
- 3 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 4 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 5 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 6 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 7 "New SAT Won’t Include Obscure Vocabulary Words"
- 8 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 9 7 Nights in Paris
- 10 Gargano Promontory
- 11 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 12 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 13 Santorini
- 14 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 15 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 16 Airport to Piraeus
- 17 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 18 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 19 Day trips from Seville
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 22 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 23 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 24 What time does Left-Luggage lockers open at Gare Du Nord??
- 25 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...