We are a young couple, going on our honeymoon in May (less than a month!). After reading so many messages in this forum, and getting StuDudley's itineraries, here are the outlines of our trip:
Day 1 (Fri) - Arrive 10am CDG
Day 2 to 11 - *Dordogne and Medoc* or *Dordogne and Aquitaine*, by car
Day 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 - Paris
Day 17 - Depart 11am
First question - How would you split (if at all) days 2 to 11. We might add day 12 if required.
Second question - How would you get to Dordogne area? By train to Bordeaux? By car from CDG on day 1? A flight is not an option for us.
Third question - How would you get to Paris on day 12? And where from?
I should say that we prefer places less traveled, more authentic, even if less fancy. My husband speaks French so this is not a problem.
Will appreciate any comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 WEBROOT☎ Password Reset CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Maximizing Norway time
- 3 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 4 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 5 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 6 Studying art in English in venice
- 7 Berlin to ?
- 8 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 9 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 10 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 11 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 12 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 13 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 14 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 15 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 16 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 17 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 18 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 19 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 20 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 21 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 22 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 23 Trogir or Split
- 24 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 25 Scotland