We are a young couple, going on our honeymoon in May (less than a month!). After reading so many messages in this forum, and getting StuDudley's itineraries, here are the outlines of our trip:
Day 1 (Fri) - Arrive 10am CDG
Day 2 to 11 - *Dordogne and Medoc* or *Dordogne and Aquitaine*, by car
Day 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 - Paris
Day 17 - Depart 11am
First question - How would you split (if at all) days 2 to 11. We might add day 12 if required.
Second question - How would you get to Dordogne area? By train to Bordeaux? By car from CDG on day 1? A flight is not an option for us.
Third question - How would you get to Paris on day 12? And where from?
I should say that we prefer places less traveled, more authentic, even if less fancy. My husband speaks French so this is not a problem.
Will appreciate any comments.
Help with info and opinions - France itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany for 3 weeks
- 2 Spanish Music
- 3 Best place to base for Yorkshire Dales, York and area
- 4 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 5 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 6 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 7 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 8 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 9 Renting an apt.
- 10 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 11 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 12 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 13 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 14 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 15 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 16 Amalfi coast in May
- 17 Paris winter sales
- 18 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 19 Car rental in Central/Eastern Europe
- 20 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 21 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 22 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 23 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 24 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 25 half day at Madrid Prado ?