We are a young couple, going on our honeymoon in May (less than a month!). After reading so many messages in this forum, and getting StuDudley's itineraries, here are the outlines of our trip:
Day 1 (Fri) - Arrive 10am CDG
Day 2 to 11 - *Dordogne and Medoc* or *Dordogne and Aquitaine*, by car
Day 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 - Paris
Day 17 - Depart 11am
First question - How would you split (if at all) days 2 to 11. We might add day 12 if required.
Second question - How would you get to Dordogne area? By train to Bordeaux? By car from CDG on day 1? A flight is not an option for us.
Third question - How would you get to Paris on day 12? And where from?
I should say that we prefer places less traveled, more authentic, even if less fancy. My husband speaks French so this is not a problem.
Will appreciate any comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi vs Tuscany
- 2 10 full days in Italy, creating an itinerary based on interests
- 3 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 4 Rome at Christmas
- 5 ATM card didn't work in Italy!
- 6 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 7 tipping
- 8 Switzerland/Italian Lakes Itinerary Help
- 9 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 10 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
- 11 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 12 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 13 Luggage on trains/security?
- 14 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 15 The DCC scam is spreading
- 16 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 17 Rome and a Baby - Some Travel Tips
- 18 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 19 What are the Hidden Attractions in paris
- 20 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 21 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 22 Need help with two week itinerary for Crete next spring.
- 23 Norwegian air
- 24 London dining service charge
- 25 Lisbon and Seville Questions