Help needed please.
We are going to Iceland this summer and after thinking things were sorted we've had to make some changes.
Just to give you a bit of background to my question we originally booked to fly from Glasgow on Sunday 27 July arriving at approx 15:00 hours. As such we had arranged to meet a group who were flying from Heathrow the same day arriving a couple of hours later and sharing a mini bus to our Hotel (Hotel Hlid - Hveragerdi).
However our flight times have changed and as such we now arrive at 22:55 and hence our mini bus will have gone.
Our options then consisted of: -
1) Flying from Heathrow - Train fares are £500 and a long time.
2) Getting alternative flight from Glasgow - This is 3 days earlier and hence we have 3 extra nights hotel, food and being tourists - Approx £1000
3) Finding our own way to the hotel on the Sunday night (and hence help needed)
So we now fly out to Iceland on the 27 July 2008 from Glasgow. The flight is due to arrive 22:55 at Keflavik.
Our first night is at Hotel Hlid near the village of Hveragerdi which I think is about 100km (60 miles) from the Airport.
I have made some enquiries and am advised that getting a Taxi at this time of night should not be a problem and the cost would be about £150 pounds (Cheaper than other oprtions).
Does anyone have any experience of getting a taxi or other transport from the Airport this far?
If so can this be pre-booked? Does anyone know any taxi/bus firms? and how long it should take (I am gussing an hour and a half)
Any help would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 5 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 6 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 7 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 8 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 9 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 10 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 11 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 12 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 13 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 14 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 15 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 16 Train help for Prague
- 17 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 18 driving from prague to salzburg
- 19 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 20 Swiss Travel Pass
- 21 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Germany train help!
- 24 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 25 dining on the 25th in Dublin