Help needed please.
We are going to Iceland this summer and after thinking things were sorted we've had to make some changes.
Just to give you a bit of background to my question we originally booked to fly from Glasgow on Sunday 27 July arriving at approx 15:00 hours. As such we had arranged to meet a group who were flying from Heathrow the same day arriving a couple of hours later and sharing a mini bus to our Hotel (Hotel Hlid - Hveragerdi).
However our flight times have changed and as such we now arrive at 22:55 and hence our mini bus will have gone.
Our options then consisted of: -
1) Flying from Heathrow - Train fares are £500 and a long time.
2) Getting alternative flight from Glasgow - This is 3 days earlier and hence we have 3 extra nights hotel, food and being tourists - Approx £1000
3) Finding our own way to the hotel on the Sunday night (and hence help needed)
So we now fly out to Iceland on the 27 July 2008 from Glasgow. The flight is due to arrive 22:55 at Keflavik.
Our first night is at Hotel Hlid near the village of Hveragerdi which I think is about 100km (60 miles) from the Airport.
I have made some enquiries and am advised that getting a Taxi at this time of night should not be a problem and the cost would be about £150 pounds (Cheaper than other oprtions).
Does anyone have any experience of getting a taxi or other transport from the Airport this far?
If so can this be pre-booked? Does anyone know any taxi/bus firms? and how long it should take (I am gussing an hour and a half)
Any help would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 2 House Hunting in France
- 3 Sicily
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 6 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 7 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 8 Hotel in Vienna
- 9 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 10 If you had to choose one......
- 11 Car rental from Barcelona
- 12 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 13 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 14 Itinerary Tweaking
- 15 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 18 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 19 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Ireland in April
- 22 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 25 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!