Help needed please.
We are going to Iceland this summer and after thinking things were sorted we've had to make some changes.
Just to give you a bit of background to my question we originally booked to fly from Glasgow on Sunday 27 July arriving at approx 15:00 hours. As such we had arranged to meet a group who were flying from Heathrow the same day arriving a couple of hours later and sharing a mini bus to our Hotel (Hotel Hlid - Hveragerdi).
However our flight times have changed and as such we now arrive at 22:55 and hence our mini bus will have gone.
Our options then consisted of: -
1) Flying from Heathrow - Train fares are £500 and a long time.
2) Getting alternative flight from Glasgow - This is 3 days earlier and hence we have 3 extra nights hotel, food and being tourists - Approx £1000
3) Finding our own way to the hotel on the Sunday night (and hence help needed)
So we now fly out to Iceland on the 27 July 2008 from Glasgow. The flight is due to arrive 22:55 at Keflavik.
Our first night is at Hotel Hlid near the village of Hveragerdi which I think is about 100km (60 miles) from the Airport.
I have made some enquiries and am advised that getting a Taxi at this time of night should not be a problem and the cost would be about £150 pounds (Cheaper than other oprtions).
Does anyone have any experience of getting a taxi or other transport from the Airport this far?
If so can this be pre-booked? Does anyone know any taxi/bus firms? and how long it should take (I am gussing an hour and a half)
Any help would be appreciated.
Help with Iceland airport transfer
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland
- 2 itinerary help
- 3 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 4 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 5 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 6 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 7 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 8 Toulouse and beyond -
- 9 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 10 Estonia Amber
- 11 7 days in Greece
- 12 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 13 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 14 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 15 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 16 Reims for a day
- 17 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 18 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 19 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 20 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 21 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 22 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 23 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 24 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 25 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014