Help needed please.
We are going to Iceland this summer and after thinking things were sorted we've had to make some changes.
Just to give you a bit of background to my question we originally booked to fly from Glasgow on Sunday 27 July arriving at approx 15:00 hours. As such we had arranged to meet a group who were flying from Heathrow the same day arriving a couple of hours later and sharing a mini bus to our Hotel (Hotel Hlid - Hveragerdi).
However our flight times have changed and as such we now arrive at 22:55 and hence our mini bus will have gone.
Our options then consisted of: -
1) Flying from Heathrow - Train fares are £500 and a long time.
2) Getting alternative flight from Glasgow - This is 3 days earlier and hence we have 3 extra nights hotel, food and being tourists - Approx £1000
3) Finding our own way to the hotel on the Sunday night (and hence help needed)
So we now fly out to Iceland on the 27 July 2008 from Glasgow. The flight is due to arrive 22:55 at Keflavik.
Our first night is at Hotel Hlid near the village of Hveragerdi which I think is about 100km (60 miles) from the Airport.
I have made some enquiries and am advised that getting a Taxi at this time of night should not be a problem and the cost would be about £150 pounds (Cheaper than other oprtions).
Does anyone have any experience of getting a taxi or other transport from the Airport this far?
If so can this be pre-booked? Does anyone know any taxi/bus firms? and how long it should take (I am gussing an hour and a half)
Any help would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 2 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 3 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 4 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 8 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 9 London is it worth it?
- 10 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 11 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 12 Paris and Normandy
- 13 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 14 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 15 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 16 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 17 Help me make this possible!
- 18 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 19 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 20 Car Rental
- 21 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 22 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 23 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 24 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 25 Balkans