Help needed please.
We are going to Iceland this summer and after thinking things were sorted we've had to make some changes.
Just to give you a bit of background to my question we originally booked to fly from Glasgow on Sunday 27 July arriving at approx 15:00 hours. As such we had arranged to meet a group who were flying from Heathrow the same day arriving a couple of hours later and sharing a mini bus to our Hotel (Hotel Hlid - Hveragerdi).
However our flight times have changed and as such we now arrive at 22:55 and hence our mini bus will have gone.
Our options then consisted of: -
1) Flying from Heathrow - Train fares are £500 and a long time.
2) Getting alternative flight from Glasgow - This is 3 days earlier and hence we have 3 extra nights hotel, food and being tourists - Approx £1000
3) Finding our own way to the hotel on the Sunday night (and hence help needed)
So we now fly out to Iceland on the 27 July 2008 from Glasgow. The flight is due to arrive 22:55 at Keflavik.
Our first night is at Hotel Hlid near the village of Hveragerdi which I think is about 100km (60 miles) from the Airport.
I have made some enquiries and am advised that getting a Taxi at this time of night should not be a problem and the cost would be about £150 pounds (Cheaper than other oprtions).
Does anyone have any experience of getting a taxi or other transport from the Airport this far?
If so can this be pre-booked? Does anyone know any taxi/bus firms? and how long it should take (I am gussing an hour and a half)
Any help would be appreciated.
Help with Iceland airport transfer
- 1 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 2 London for Christmas
- 3 Travel by train or bus
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 6 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 7 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 8 Medieval Tallinn
- 9 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 10 Portugal in September
- 11 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 12 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 13 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 14 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 15 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 16 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 17 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 18 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 19 Advises for trip to Russia
- 20 Family European winter holiday
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 lockers in London's Victoria Station
- 23 6 hours in London; lockers at Heathrow
- 24 Luggage lockers at London train station?
- 25 London - Luggage Couriers from Heathrow?