My fiancé (I guess husband by then) and I are planning our honeymoon from April 25th- May 16th. We are arriving into Paris I the early am on the 26th and leaving from Rome on may 16th. We know it's a pretty aggressive trip as far as locations, but we really want to get a feel for different places. We are active in our late 20s. Our hotels are almost booked, so now we are looking into trains. We are prepared to rent a car from Florence for Tuscany since no trains go there. Other than Tuscany, we don't plan on renting a car. What rail passes would you suggest we get that would be the most effective for our itinerary? Can we accomplish this all with one pass or will we have to get multiple? We would prefer flexible times in case we can't make a particular departure, but if we need to actually buy specific times, we can make that work.
Here is the list of cities in order:
Paris- 3 nights
Geneva- 2 nights
Montreux- 1 night
Interlaken- 2 nights
Tuscany- 4 nights
Venice- 3 nights
Rome- 5 nights
Thank you in advance for your help!
Help with honeymoon planning- France, Switzerland, Italy
- 1 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 2 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 3 Rome apartment
- 4 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 5 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 6 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 7 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 8 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 9 Without a car in the Cote d'Azur
- 10 Gate 1 Travel is the BEST
- 11 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 12 Travelling within Florence and to Siena
- 13 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 14 Benita In Paris
- 15 Sagrada Familia in Barcelona: who knows what time masses are?
- 16 pier in Copenhagen
- 17 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 18 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 19 Am I too fat too travel?
- 20 Christmas Markets - Frankfurt or Copenhagen
- 21 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 22 Train Passes
- 23 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 24 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 25 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?