My fiancé (I guess husband by then) and I are planning our honeymoon from April 25th- May 16th. We are arriving into Paris I the early am on the 26th and leaving from Rome on may 16th. We know it's a pretty aggressive trip as far as locations, but we really want to get a feel for different places. We are active in our late 20s. Our hotels are almost booked, so now we are looking into trains. We are prepared to rent a car from Florence for Tuscany since no trains go there. Other than Tuscany, we don't plan on renting a car. What rail passes would you suggest we get that would be the most effective for our itinerary? Can we accomplish this all with one pass or will we have to get multiple? We would prefer flexible times in case we can't make a particular departure, but if we need to actually buy specific times, we can make that work.
Here is the list of cities in order:
Paris- 3 nights
Geneva- 2 nights
Montreux- 1 night
Interlaken- 2 nights
Tuscany- 4 nights
Venice- 3 nights
Rome- 5 nights
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 2 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 3 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 4 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 5 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 6 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 7 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 8 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 9 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 10 Antwerp Tram
- 11 Trip report European honeymoon
- 12 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 13 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 14 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 15 Day trip from Split to Hvar - to Stari Grad or Hvar City?
- 16 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 17 Alhambra
- 18 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 19 Provence Lavender fields in July
- 20 Balloch to the Isle of Skye
- 21 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 22 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 23 Driving Croatia, Montenegro & Albania
- 24 Travel From Copenhagen-late October
- 25 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.